Catapult

United Kingdom6 reviews

4.0Pay & benefits

agencyshiftpayhourgoodtimejobwork

flexible

The experience was very beneficial, it allowed me to work and learn at the same time. It was fun interacting with new faces and helping out customers with there questions. Managers were understanding, professional and helpful to everyone and made me feel like a valued worker. I didn't see any task as difficult because there was a lot of patience whilst carefully teaching me what to do and how to do it. I learned the importance of the customer and teamwork in the workplace is key to have good communication.

Great idea but not managed well

Catapult is a brilliant idea, especially for students like myself. However I feel its all very informal. The meeting I had before my account was verified seemed very unorganised, which didn't fill me with confidence. I worked for Clarks on a number of occasions, which was great pay and more than I would get if I was an employee, however because you're not trained and not taught things by management because you're only there for a handful of hours you can feel like a bit of a spare part. Timings for shifts don't coincide with studies and the timings cannot be altered so shifts go unworked.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Awkward shift timings, Informal, Lack of shifts after xmas period

Insights into Catapult

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Treat staff horribly

minutes ago I worked 20+ shifts with catapult, turned up to work on time evrey single time did my job correctly and still was treated so badly, the agency only care about the employer and forget that it is the STAFF that make the business work. DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY. - USE SYFT Catapult is the worst agency I have ever worked for, they treat staff horrendously. They do not care about staff who work for them- the only thing they care about is money. I have had nothing but issues with working with them, I’d strongly suggest working with Syft or Adia

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Poor treatment of staff, staff opinion not valued

Good but not enough hours

Good pay but not stable and organised. It was an agency so I would only be able to work when I was accepted onto shifts like I worked topshop on several occasions however sometimes I would want to work and there would be not shifts available .

Pros

The pay was quite good

Cons

Not enough hours

Not ideal - helpful though

Catapult do not send many shifts. Some people are favourited on the app by employers meaning they get an instant claim on a shift which I think is unfair for other people wanting to work there (especially Topshop Oxford Circus). I met a girl that says she does Catapult full time and I asked how is that possible? She told me she gets an instant claim on the app meaning other people can’t apply for that shift. She gets paid more (due to the agency, agencies pay more) than the people actually working at Topshop, plus she has a full routa there.

Pros

Get to choose days

Cons

They do not send many shifts (3every 4days)

– 16 April 2018
Hi there, thank you for your honest review. And we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We are working hard to keep improving Catapult for our candidates, and we would love to hear from you to get a bit more information about how we fell short with your experience. Drop us an email on info@joincatapult.com and we can look into any issues you experienced!

Flexible and really friendly staff!

I really enjoy working with Catapult. They provide on average 5 - 10 job offers a day and I usually work in retail roles for multiple employers including Topshop, Phase Eight, Warehouse and Oasis. The jobs get sent to your phone and then you press apply/reject. There's always a variation of jobs and if you ever have a question then the Catapult customer service team are very friendly.

– 16 April 2018
Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so glad that you have enjoyed working with us! We really appreciate all your hard work and as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to contact us on info@joincatapult.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement