Catch22

Catch22 Employee Reviews

Featured review
Catch22 selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for . Work at times can be busy and pressured but this has the benefit that you are never really bored and each day may be different. The team are all really supportive of each other and deliver some fantastic work supporting young people during difficult times and circumstances helping them to achieve some really positive outcomes. My experience has always been that of a fully supportive management team. Training & development has been regularly available, including encouragement to shadow other programs within Catch 22 creating great learning and upskilling opportunities. If you are looking to make a difference and you want to help young people, it is a challenging but rewarding role and a great place to work.
Pros
Supportive team. Your contributions are always valued and feel important
27 September 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to hear that you feel challenged but supported in your role and can see that you are making a difference to the young people you support. Keep up the good work.
Left feeling very suicidal. Management very poor along with their training and do not take kindly to someone who may come under the equalities act within a working environment. Very poor charity.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
18 January 2021
We’re sorry to learn that you felt that your experience with Catch22 was not a positive one, and of course we take your feelings very seriously. We know the area you worked in was a complex one and many people do find it difficult, especially in the current climate of remote working etc. Catch22 is fully committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and we work hard to ensure that we get things right. It saddens us that you felt that in your case our handling of your employment was not up to our usual high standards, but we recognise that we cannot please all of our people all of the time. However, it is necessary to note that employees are given monthly one to one line management supervision and on-going training throughout the year, every year. It is our view from the feedback we receive from our various employee surveys that the vast majority of our people, who are either still working for us or who have worked for us in the past, have found the experience with us to be extremely rewarding. As you are aware, we take great pride in providing high performing services which enables our vulnerable service users to rebuild their lives whilst offering our people the support and opportunities to progress with their personal career development. In light of your comments we would welcome the opportunity to further discuss with you your views so that we can seek to fully address what concerns you may still have.
No line management. Head attempts to be everyone’s pal. Ridiculously high level of staff turnover. Staff literally leaving immediately after starting. Repeatedly advertising the same jobs. No teamwork ethic.
Pros
Free parking and lunch
Cons
Too many to list
21 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience.Catch22 is committed to supporting its staff and promoting a positive culture.We are aware of several staff who have left the Education service recently, for a variety of individual reasons. Prior to that, retention had been strong. We take on board all feedback from current and former employees when we receive it, and are continually looking to improve.
Catch 22 are a company who care about both their clients and staff. Training is excellent. Line managers were lovely and helpful, team members also great to work with, very knowledgeable and helpful. I am only leaving due to move to another part of the country. If I could I would take them with me.
Pros
Training, opportunities, annual leave
I am a current employee with Catch 22 and have been for many years now. I could not speak highly enough of this organisation. The management in Hampshire have supported me through many difficulties and are always available if I need them. It is a fast paced role with lots of collaborative working and front line work with young people and young adults. It is extremely varied which is something that appealed to me. I feel part of a solid team who are always there if I need advice or just a chat.
Pros
Varied, benefits, Support
Cons
I have worked for Catch22 for over 3 years now. I returned to part time work after having my children and found Catch22 to be an extremely supportive employer allowing me to work flexible hours to support a great work life balance - this has been highlighted even more so during the lockdown period. The team that I support work extremely hard to delivery a great service to young people. Senior management are supportive and are always doing their best to look after the team and myself with any training and one on one support required
Pros
Flexible, supportive team and management
I have worked in 2 other substance misuse services doing the same job prior to joining Catch22. Whilst we are much busier now than we have ever been, the team are really supportive and there to lend a hand if anyone is struggling. Catch22 as an organisation have so much to offer new staff - the pay is good and they have a scheme called Catch22 rewards where you can sign up to get discounts at lots of places. We also have a new training offer that both new and current staff can access that is designed just for our directorate. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing how you can make a difference to a young persons life - sometimes they feel like no one is there to support them, so if they feel supported it can really help them. Lots of people ask me about our success rate - for me the fact that a young person keeps coming back to our appointments is a success to start with! Then when they make changes to their substance use - however small, it can make a massive change to their whole life . We have had quite a few changes in the team over the last two years and the way we do things has also had to change. But the team have been so positive and senior management have supported us through the difficult times. I
Pros
Having an amazingly supportive team, who come from lots of different backgrounds and skill sets
Having worked for the company for a number of years I wanted to be able to leave a review for those looking to work within a great company. If you want to work for a company that values your development, wellbeing and provides great outcomes for our young people then this is the place for you!
Pros
being supported and valued
Whilst excited to start working for catch 22 it soon became apparent that this business charity is not as well supported as previously thought. Very stressful job with little or no support, left to create and develop your own practice, without much input from management or colleagues. Serious lack of training provided, even though it states training will be given,it never occurs!! Lots of additional hours are needed to research basis facts to improve your development.
Pros
Personal Learning
Cons
No CPD
I was hired by Catch22 as an apprentice. It was supposed to be 1 year apprenticeship but business owner was easy to communicate with and easy going so after negotation he offered me full time work with contract and normal pay. Good experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catch22?
Do not work here unless you want to trundle along with no direction, management or money. Staff members with terrible attitudes did not help. Probably the worst company I’ve ever worked for.
15 May 2020
Thank you for your comments which Catch22 takes very seriously indeed. We are very sorry to hear that you felt that your experience of working for Catch22 was not positive and which is in contrast to the vast majority of staff who are working for and who have worked for Catch22 and found the experience extremely rewarding. As you are aware, we take great pride in providing high performing services which enable vulnerable service users to rebuild their lives whilst offering staff the support and opportunity to progress with their personal development. In light of your comments we would welcome the opportunity to discuss them further with you in order to fully respond to your concerns.
Poor company to work for. Poor management who treat people like dirt. Make lies up about you, try to make you change your contract. No support what so ever. I was harassed and bullied. Would never work for again.
Pros
Other staff great
Cons
No equipment to do your job properly, treated poorly
Not a supportive SLT framework. Overworked and not resourced enough. Facilities were not fit for delivery of education. Understaffed on many projects leaving staff and students vulnerable.
At Catch22, the people make the job. There is such a diverse group of people who all get along really well and thrive on collaboration. The only downside of Catch22 is that it is a HUGE charity but sometimes feels like it operates like a small business with lack of staff in centralized functions such as recruitment, business development and communications across the 123 services.
Covering a wide range of services. Catch 22 is committed to improving lives from cradle to career. They offer lots of training and are a great company to work for.
10 December 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience of working for Catch22 with others. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.
I'm office based in the health and safety team. I've had a very positive experience with Catch22 since joining earlier in the year. The induction and training sessions are excellent and there are many learning opportunities. The management team are well organised and ensure that regular meetings with staff take place. They are open to new ideas and always looking how to improve. Staff from services within the organisation are very friendly and welcoming and there are opportunities to meet other staff and services. There is a positive attitude within the organisation and this creates a good morale. The well-being of the staff is important to Catch22 where support is provided. I have learned so much already since joining, not just about the work in my team but also about the work that is being done across the whole organisation to improve people's lives.
Pros
Flexible, rewarding, good management, friendly
Catch22 are a great company to work for and are always looking for opportunities to improve work life for their employees. They have many different support systems for employees and are always willing to help their employees improve.
25 October 2019
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It is good to hear that you feel supported in your role. Keep up the good work at Beacon.
Catch 22 Surrey is a lovely place to work, we have a lovely team. The Management Team are very supportive. The team are very hard working and they really care about the young people they work with. A busy environment but it is a fun working environment. Training is provided and you can attend courses.
Pros
Team are very supportive and friendly.
27 September 2019
Thanks for your contribution. It is great to hear you are enjoying your time with us and have opportunities to develop in your role.
High case load, lack of support due to inexperienced managers, no CPD. Starting work with Catch22 I was positive and motivated regarding helping young people. However, it wasn't long before senior staff members negative attitude, lack of knowledge/care for clients with sole focus being on statistics left me feeling unsupported and de-skilled whilst fighting to maintain a positive attitude, when provide support that was in the the best interest of young people.
23 September 2019
I am working with colleagues from the Surrey Substance Misuse service and HR to formulate a full response to your review, so this is a holding reply to saying that we are aware of it and will be replying shortly.
1 October 2019
Thank you for your review, which we of course take very seriously. We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience with Catch22 and that you felt unsupported. We pride ourselves on supporting staff wellbeing, with all staff offered one to one monthly supervisions, monthly group case management supervisions with a CAMHS Nurse Practitioner and informal support as requested.
Management do not care about the staffs wellbeing or the fact that most people have left or are looking for other jobs. This company is joke I's never work for them again.
Pros
Regular Monthly Pay
Cons
Everything else
27 September 2019
Thank you for your review, which we of course take very seriously. Staff wellbeing is incredibly important to us, and we’ve adopted an approach to ensure staff have a voice and are included in solving any problems as they arise. All staff have access to the Care Team and we’ve also recently undertaken a salary review.We are aware of several staff who have left the service recently, for a variety of individual reasons. Prior to that, retention had been strong. We take on board all feedback from current and former employees when we receive it, and are continually looking to improve.
Not a nice environment, managed poorly by people who have no experience of direct work with service users. Culture of bullying and secret agendas. The worst place I have ever worked for. New staff members are not supported, no training is provided. Not a safe workplace.
23 September 2019
1 October 2019
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry to hear you’ve had a bad experience of working at Catch22. To address your specific points:Management of staff: all staff and managers are recruited following our safer recruitment process, qualifications and experience are checked and we are confident that all our service managers have the necessary skills and experience to fulfil their rolesTraining: all staff are offered training throughout the year, which includes both core Catch22 training and role specific training such as Motivational interviewing, Trauma informed practice and Preventing, Identifying & Managing Depression in Children & Young Adults, amongst other courses. Safe workplace: we have clear policies and procedures in place to protect staff and service users and are confident that these are being followed within the serviceStaff support: staff are offered monthly one to one line management supervision and monthly group case management supervision with a CAMHS Nurse Practitioner. There is also informal support from all seniors and the service manager as and when required. Bullying in service and secret agendas: Catch22 has robust policies in place to deal with any form of workplace bullying. We strongly refute the accusation that there is a culture of bullying and secret agendas within the service.Catch22 is committed to supporting its staff, promoting a positive culture and providing a safe working environment.
  1. Employee reviews