Caterlink Ltd
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Caterlink Ltd Employee Reviews

Great training and development, would question loyalty

The upper management support within the company need to be addressed. Great people in the units and the clients are great too, Caterlink can over promise and underdeliver at times. Good flexibility and chances to progress but if they no longer require you even as a loyal worker then you will be gone. Reconnect with the staff within the units as most of the time they don’t feel connected to the company. Good place to gain experience. Review salaries as can be inconsistent.

Pros

Training and development, the people and clients in the units

Cons

Loyalty, very “clickly”

Appalling

We was took over by this company and for 6mths never had a correct wage for 6 MTHS never had a wage slip manager was contacted numerous times to no help at all. Keep fobbing you off very poor sent hundreds of emails in to get the same rubbish response. Was I'll at work called at 7:30 no cover till 12 then had the check to ask if I was I'll or having child care issues never had a day off in 2.5 years. Ended up leaving a position I loved as could take the wage mess up while I have dependents to support

Pros

School holidays

Cons

Spread over pay so less than minimum wage

Worse company to work for.

I myself was the catering Manager of a primary school catering for 440 to 480 children with only 4 staff one whom was from the agency, privious Manager left without other job due to lack of support, no help from management, I had no training and was told that no one was available on my first day to help me I'd just have to manage, I had numerous problems in my kitchen with staff, staff leaving, not interested in job, poor attitude and no back up from management. the company are out to make as much money as they can without putting the support in the right area's. All in all a shocking company to work for.

Pros

School Holidays

Cons

Management, work load, no training

Worst company to work for

The company is awful, they can't pay right and have had constant problems over the 2 year I worked for them if you done overtime they would try their hardest not to pay you. No support from management at all you're just told to get on with the job. Leave sites dangerously low staffed and lie to clients about this. This company caused me to lose my relationship, friends and sanity. I was so pleased to get out when I did. If I could leave zero stars I would. They promise schools the world but don't deliver due to massive staff cuts and won't allow overtime. I'm embarrassed that I even have to put them on the CV.

Pros

Term time only work

Cons

Issues with pay, long hours, unsupportive managers.

Appalling company

The hours you are given are not enough to complete the job. Carrying heavy crates of food up steep steps. Every person I worked with was forced to work over their paid hours just to finish their jobs list, and no overtime was ever paid. Wages are shockingly bad. If you have a sick day you loose more than your hourly rate. Management rude and abrupt if you dare call in sick. Extremely pushy Company who have no care or value for their staff.

Pros

Cons

Wages, unpaid overtime, poor managers, infact every single aspect of the job is one complete CON!

Hard work no staff lack appreciation

All the overtime in the world offered , told to take a break but no staff to cover breaks, not paid correctly then kept dangling about a better contract never arrives, and on top of all that expected to display food like a professional chef adding more work to the already over exhausted staff, lip service and offering unavailable goals with no staff so poor, managers come in and bully staff who have given the highest effort continuously seriously they need to look after the staff they have and help them instead

Pros

Food offered

Cons

Long hours, no break, low morale

Toxic work culture, bullying, poor management

Not a very nice work culture, heavy workload, not enough staff, poor management, unfair treatment, toxic work colleagues. Absolutely no appreciation for hard work.

Pros

Free Lunches, term time only job

Cons

Toxic work culture, bullying, poor management

Worst company

Took 6 months for my wages to finally be correct. First month didn’t get paid at all. 2nd month was £300 short 3rd month was £150 short. My on site manager was the best out of the whole company. The area/group managers expect miracles in a short amount of time. Was promised further training to excel my skills, no training actually given. Your penalised for having a day off. I actually had to go my doctors at one point for depression due to my working place. It was miserable. I wouldn’t of stayed for as long as I did if it wasn’t for my other colleagues.

Pros

Good for parent with young children

Cons

Minimum wage is disgraceful for the amount you work

Terrible pay

If you like blank pay slips, incorrect pay every month, zero helpful communication from management and a non existent HR and payroll contact then this is the company for you!In 2.5 years I never had a correct monthly wage, the answers are always confusing as to why and the situation never rectified. I am happy to be leaving!!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Low incorrect pay

Enjoyable fast moving and sometimes stressful

Good company to work for as long as you do what is expected you’ll have no problems I’m in the education sector which I enjoy plus you get all the holidays off

Pros

Monday to Friday plus all school holidays paid

Cons

None I can think of

Stressful environment to work in with no support from higher management and poor pay.

All in all a very stressful environment to work in with no support from management, poorly run and no thought for the staff who work extremely hard. Higher management visit and don't even talk to staff throughout the time they're there, I myself was at one point a head of kitchen and had no training and was told that no one was available on my first day to help me I'd just have to manage, I had numerous problems in my kitchen with staff and no back up from management. Pay is poor, the company are out to make as much money as they can without putting the support in the right area's. All in all a shocking company to work for.

Pros

Having the school holidays off.

Cons

Far too much stress with little pay and recognition for what you do.

Good company to work for, could pay more though.

I did enjoy my job with Caterlink, I left for more hours and a higher wage. If o was to criticise, I would say that there could be more support offered from management.

Pros

Sociable hours

Cons

A slight lack of support from management and low wages.

Underpaid

Always underpaid it’s a joke , wouldn’t work for this company again , they don’t even sort your pay out so you can get the pay you have worked for! Do not recommend

Work with a great team and my Director is very supportive

Since joining Caterlink over two years ago, i have received all relevant training for my role, there is a good support system in place and regular updates on the business, my management give encouragement and support, there is a good workplace culture and everyone is treated equally, at first it was had to adjust to my role, but with good support i am able to plan and manage my day which makes my workload easier.

Pros

Working with a great team

Cons

Trying to keep to diary

Fast Pace & Enjoyable

Caterlink has a real foodie culture and ensuring great food for customers is key. I have worked at different units and areas working with many different people within the company and found that everyone is very helpful and supportive. I have really enjoyed my time at Caterlink and would recommend to friends to work here

Pros

Teamwork

Great Company to Work for

I found the company very supportive in your role.Gave opportunities to develop myself.Great benefits for every day buys with their Hapi Benefit SchemeIn other corporate companies I felt like number, at Caterlink I don't feel that.

Pros

Development opportunities, benefits

Cons

Peaks and Troughs, because it is term time.

Fun and enjoyable and great to meet new friends

Excellent training package and encouragement from managers to progress. Excellent leading catering company to work for. Since joining in 2017 I have progressed through to assist the caterer and lead the team as an allergen champion.

Pros

Hours suit parents with children in school

Cons

Term time only

Challenging and exciting role, with lots of opportunties for progression

Having worked for Caterlink for a number of years, I can say that they are a great company to work for. It is a faced paced, exciting environment where you can really feel that you are making a difference. I work with a lot of fantastic people who are great at what they do and are passionate about serving children great plates of food.

Pros

Making a difference

Enjoy being part of a team

Having worked for the company for a number of years I have progressed and seen those around me grow, love the culture and working together for the children in our schools.

Pros

hours and time off in the holidays

Awful place to work!!!!! DONT DO IT

This company treat you like a number. They hide things even when reported like BRUNSWICK PRIMARY SCHOOL using food made 2/3 days before and still being served to the children a week later. They do not care about the staff, the children and staff that are being fed or anything. Kitchens are very clicky and push people out. Your treated as a nobody and the office staff don't care about anything other then themselves looking good

Pros

Cons

Everything about the company

Great work place

Great place to work and great people to worked with they are very supportive.but I left for more hours I would off stayed if they could offer me more hours

Cons

More hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterlink Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4