Caterpillar logo
Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews

Found 257 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,181 reviews

good place to work

Caterpillar Stockton was a good place to work good salary and a great lads to work with the only down side i had a poor team leader plus also the mangerment where't very good.

Pros

great canteen

Cons

pletty of overtime if you wanted it

No place for young people

Treated like a second class citizen by managers and full-time cat staff. No job rotation. No job prospects Not allowed to progress or train in other areas

Pros

4 day a week

Cons

No motivation in company

Desford Caterpillar

The job was extremly repetative and training was very poor the one weeks training turned out to be three days.Being sent home regularly because they didnt have parts to fit So no work no money.Agency workers get all the bad jobs a joke avoid this place.Your lucky to do a full week.

Pros

Weekly Pay

Cons

Zero hour contract

Excellent

Great benefits, opportunity to work on your own initiative, flexible, supportive, cross function understanding and great induction. Amazing facilities and helpful people within the business

Pros

Loss of work

Cons

Work reduction can lead to redundancy however they were supportive

Excellent benefits and great place to work

Good culture and great people. Flexible hours, canteen on site, free parking. Electric charging points available for free. Good benefits, share scheme and supports local charities.

Pros

Local and good pension

Cons

Limited amenities nearby

22 March 2021
Thanks for sharing your experience. Our employees do important work for our customers and the communities they serve. We are glad you found the benefits and compensation favorable. Best of luck to you moving forward.

Good job

Decent company to work for,the lads are all friendly and helpful,pay is good hours are good...Very safe and a clean shop floor,targets are achieved .

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Training

7 December 2020
Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Caterpillar. When you work with us, you’re working for a manufacturing company that’s more than iron, our customers can make an impact because of the people who come to work every day with passion and drive to innovate and create quality products. We wish you all the best.

Productive and fun

Splendid company to work for, strict on time keeping (which is a good thing) Hours are great and holidays are aswell.Pay is half decent, better than most jobs I’ve come across

Pros

Holiday hours

Cons

Early starts

Great Brand,Great local Firm too.

Caterpiller is An excellent employer locally and globally,manufacturing across a hugely diverse product range with employees and partners at the top of their game with whom I aspire to work with again,if and when the opertunity arises.

11 September 2020
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you had such a positive overall experience with us. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Good environment good manager is such a great exposure to the process of invoice to the complete payment runs. I had a good relaxing at work. Work isn't too hard for me

Really good company to work for

start the day with a daily team briefing. Learnt alot about the manufacturing process and what goes into putting in a production line. Overall Caterpillar has great management.

Pros

Demand driven work patterns

Cons

could result in some long weeks

Jobs at Caterpillar

See more jobs

fun

They are very good on improving individuals, theyre always looking to get the most out of you by paying the least amount but its okay, as its fun to work here

Excellent

Excellent place to work, very organised and great opportunity to learn and grow. Amazing colleagues. Fast paced environment. Opportunity to learn from different aspects of the business

29 May 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to know that you felt supported in growing your skills and experiences at Caterpillar. Our people are second to none and we appreciate their work immensely. Thank you for the time you spent with us and we wish you all the best moving forward.

Great Career Opportunities

Health & safety of employees is the most important issue for Caterpillar. There are many opportunities if you wish to advance your career in Caterpillar, which is a very professional company.

good work place and a good chance of promotion

good work place good holidays and a good pension scheme also provides a very flexible balance, you also have the choice to relocate should it be locally or abroad.

No chance of being made full time.

I've worked for Caterpillar via an agency for 3 years and there is no interest or want in in making agency workers into full time employee's nor is there any place for advancement.

Pros

4 day week

Cons

No job security

Horrible people

I would not like to work for this company. They discriminate people who have mental illness such as my ex colleague. HR woman poured water on my book and they kicked me out because I disagreed on one point with a Junior employee.

Challenging work, relaxing environment, nice people

Working flexible hours. I have enhanced a lot my engine knowledge Great people to work with. Relaxing environment I enjoyed my work - I had the chance to work on all CAT engines

Otima empresa

Colaboradores muitos prestativos . Ótima gerencia.

The best company I have worked for as of yet.

Amazing company, although if you are looking to get higher than basic management you will need to apply externally as internal promotions stop at basic management levels. Great atmosphere however as it is an American company, some american values come over, like the work culture. It is expected of you to work 7 days a week sometimes in peak periods.

good work place.

Fast paced, good management and work collegues. Easy going, room for progression within the company. Long hours a con of working here. overall good company to work for.

Pros

sometimes go home early.

Cons

long hours.

good place to work

good place to work, good pay and conditions, management were good to work for as were the lads you worked with, no real complaints, the only down side is getting a contract which is very hard to get or should i say near impossible unless you are a relative or a very good friend of a manager,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K