Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Apprentice

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,234 reviews

brilliant having a laugh with mates

brilliant job but only if you are full time and get on well with people, expect alot of angry managers due to not meeting targets (not your fault)

Challenging but rewarding

The work could be difficult at times and could prove to be a challenge but it was very rewarding to do it. This is most in part to the training that they provide to you and also the people they employ are some of the friendliest. it was a shame that I did not have the ability to progress through the company, hopefully there will be a position through the on-site randstad agency.

Good experience

Good experience learnt a lot, good pay for an apprenticeship, colleagues will help you and give advice when ever you need, college tutors were good and pushed you to get the highest mark.

Fun workplace and good people

You get to learn many things and always have things to train you on. Working and caring for one another is very important to keep the work at its best.

Very busy

Lots of working on the line, always busy. I learned a lot about line work and managing. Management wasn't really all that good. The hardest part of the job was other people affecting your work.

terrible workplace

full of overgrown children who find it fun to bully apprentices and make the apprentices do double the work for a lot less pay also management will try there best to keep accidents a secret as they are too lazy to fill out some paperwork and answer some questions even though that is there job if an accident occurs

Pros

Cons

terrible workplace

cheap labour

was an apprentice on £4 an hour and used to work very hard without a contract as a reward. wouldn't recommend working here unless you are offered a good contract not apprentice

Caterpillar Apprenticeship

The company essentially were hiring young people straight into work to use for cheap labour with an approximate 2% making it through to the next year of employment just just as slim odds from there for progression.

Exciting, interesting work, a place full of great people

Start work at 7am, 10 minute team meeting. Begin work at about 07:10. Perform job repeatedly (around 30 times a day) with a ~13~ minute cycle time. I learned a lot about standard work and company policies. The management isn't totally clued-up, at least that's the majority's feeling throughout the plant. My co-workers are always easy to get along with and do their bit to keep the line and day going smoothly. the hardest part of the job is dealing with the lack of morale felt throughout the plant due to the drop in the market resulting to a drop in build and, therefore, job cuts. Mostly everything was enjoyable about my job.

Pros

Long, but bearable hours Monday-Thursday, early finishes on Friday, opportunities.

Cons

Lack of morale, poor communication amongst management, repetitive job.

great company

was a really good company was a shame to be let go but feel like it is a great career for people who want to work for it. I feel I was let go unfairly but I will say I am not mad about it I feel I will come back a bigger and better person from this and hope to find a job the same as this and show them what I have learned.

Pros

great company good staff

Cons

let go too soon without being given the chance to prove myself.

Jobs at Caterpillar