Caterpillar

Caterpillar Employee Reviews for Fitter

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,234 reviews

good work place and a good chance of promotion

good work place good holidays and a good pension scheme also provides a very flexible balance, you also have the choice to relocate should it be locally or abroad.

good place to work

good place to work, good pay and conditions, management were good to work for as were the lads you worked with, no real complaints, the only down side is getting a contract which is very hard to get or should i say near impossible unless you are a relative or a very good friend of a manager,

productiv and fun workplace

great people met some great people over my 18years working there on and off down turns came quicker and quicker but was always first to be contacted in going back

Best job I've ever worked

Very relaxed environment, yet the work seems to always get done. The pay is better than anywhere else. Starts at £10.50 up to £15.50 Only downfall is there is layoffs anually although it's not guaranteed that you will be released

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lay offs anually

Clicks clicks click click

If your face doesn’t fit you’ll be gone. Job security is none existent, pay is really good and so is the job. But management will do anything in their power to get rid of you if your face doesn’t fit.

Pros

Money

temporary culture

caterpillar have a policy for employing people on a temporary basis, as a result you have no job security and no redundancy when laid off. This is not the most satisfactory state of affairs.

Cons

no job security

Productive environment to learn and work.

A typical day would start at the start of shift meeting in which the team leader would review the performance if our section of the plant. My work area called rear chassis assembly. Was located after the paint plant and my work dutie was to assemble chassis coming off the paint plant line. I used aides such as over head lifting equipment, torque wrenches, air impact wrenches, 800nm DC tool, computers to assemble and manage production. I worked to a standard work document and in my time at caterpillar i improved the safety and efficiency of my area by highlighting problems and relocating stored parts.

Pros

learning skills and then being able to master my job.

Cons

not a secure job

Training other caterpillar employees in quality issues

I worked at caterpillar Wolverhampton for nearly 19 years, and learnt a lot about gear boxes as well as having the had the pleasure to work with a lot of good people . I very much enjoyed traveling and meeting like minded people from other cat facilities

Pros

I

I have some fun memorys of nights out and our own fishing club

I am sad to leave a job and freinds that have been a part of my life for nearly 19 years and i hopped i would be here for the rest of my working life but catterpillar are pulling out of the uk and we are all being made redundant but i believe i still have a lot to offer another company.I have a health and safety certificate manual handling certificate.A typical day would be too check what to prioritize for finalize shipment for the days work i enjoyed working on my own and feel i was very comfident to do so.The hardest part of my job was the weight of the converters i had to fit 25kl each by hand.The best part of my job was being left to my own devices the supervition and managment have confidence in my ability and the qaulity department manager did nothink but praise me up after my trips to brazil.

Pros

when traveling everythink was paid for.

Cons

being made redundunt

production line.

working on a production line making gearbox,s i have learnt all of the jobs on the line, and also carry out technical support and repair faulty goods investigate problem and fix. I used to be the trainer of new employees teach them standard work elements. I get on well with all co-workers we all work well together as a team to get the job done. hardest part of the jobs its competitive none stop which we all get on with it that's what needs to be done. Finishing the product correctly and safely with no issues or incidents is a good day for me.

Brilliant company

An excellent company, management were excellent, fantastic company ethos

Productive environment

Start the day by dressing in appropriate PPE, a brief from management, risk assess working area. Check all documentation for validity and tools (air/manual) for serviceability. Carry out work to standard work specifications.... 5S area on completion of work and sign and validate all documentation..

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Temporary contract

Clean-tidy

Safe clean working environment,with adequate training for day to day working.Enjoyed working on the shop floor again after being in management role for many years. Downside was that to get on withinthe company was very nepotism orientated.

Pros

safe clean working area, s

Cons

no contracts, even after working at the plant for many years.

Productive and efficient workplace

This was a great company to work for but unfortunately due to downturn in buisness, my role was ceased.

excellent place to work very proffesional

typical day start work 8:00am get all information required for day from team leader at coms area.Then of to work area to add components to front,centre & rear axles using s.o.p. proceduresThe line managers where very approchable and friendly who would give you as much help as possible.my co-workers where very friendly and we had a lot of laughs whilst also making sure jobs where done correctly.Everybody helped each other if any problems arose.

Pros

could walk to work, co workers, free tea and coffee

Cons

no real bad side to job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Caterpillar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7K
2.2K
1.3K

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Caterpillar with

• Caterpillar
  • Fitter
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?