Cats Protection

Cats Protection Employee Reviews

Cats Protection has been outstanding in its response to the COVID-19 pandemic. They have offered flexibility both in terms of location and working practices, making sure employees have all they need to work successfully at home. They have reinvented the way they do work with many practices moving from on-site to virtual and it has really showcased their creativity. Where people have been furloughed, there has been excellent communication and support throughout. It's been a tough time and throughout they have continued to make you feel valued and cared for whether you are an employee or volunteer.
8 January 2021
Thank you for your lovely review. COVID-19 has presented us with a challenge and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We are working hard to make our company a great place to work for all our people, both employees and volunteers and really appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
8 January 2021
Thank you for your lovely review. COVID-19 has presented us with a challenge and we apreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We are working hard to make our company a great place to work for all our people, both employees and volunteers and really appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
I volunteered there for a few months in the Brighton store, and it was a great place to work. Pleasant coworkers who were relaxed and kind, gave me a lot of experience working on a shop floor. Would recommend to anyone!
Pros
relaxed and calm environment, liked cats
4 January 2021
We strive hard to make our charity a good place for our people. It's great to read your thoughts about working for Cats Protection and thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.
I alwayr had the opportunity each day to work as a part of the team and learn a lot of things every day.You know you are always helping and doing your best.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Some task are repetitive
This company promise you the Earth and the completely under deliver. They do not support any managers never mind the successful ones, they have used the pandemic as a scape got and screwed over all the lower level staff. The support whilst working, on paper was great, but never really happened. There is a terrible blame culture from senior management and it’s absolutely a case of working for cowards. As a team member I was always guiding and helping fix upper managements mess’s and that just became what was expected.Do not work for them at all!!!!
Pros
Great Volunteers
Cons
The list is absolutely endless!
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks you for taking the time to leave a review. We read every comment and appreciate your honest feedback, all of which is noted. We strive hard to make Cats Protection a good place to work for both our people and our volunteers. We were dismayed to read how you feel about your experience of working at Cats Protection and and your comments will be shared with our Retail leadership team.
I worked in one of their charity shops on charminister road, Bournemouth. I enjoyed it and I made lots of friends. We raised a lot of money fundraising, I was a general sales assistant
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not enough hours
4 January 2021
We're delighted to read your comments and learn how you feel about working at Cats Protection. We strive hard to make our charity a good place to work for both our employees and our volunteers and appreciate you taking time to leave such an honest review.
4 January 2021
Really sly organisation with no respect for staff or volunteers a very stiffening work place whatever skill you have will be sapped out of you if you have any self respect you won’t have it for long working for them !
4 January 2021
I enjoyed and learnt a lot in the time I spent at the cat protection. I chose this because I knew I would enjoy it as I love my own cat and taking care of her. I also respect any animals needs.
Pros
Interacting with the animals
Cons
Cleaning out litter trays
4 January 2021
What a lovely review! Cats Protection thanks you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We read all reviews and are thrilled you are happy working with us.
Fun place to work where every shift is different,hardest part of the job is sometimes the customers can be a bit difficult! Everybody is friendly and helpful.
Pros
First choice of items!
Cons
Experience of shop work
4 January 2021
At Cats Protection, we strive hard to make our charity a good place for our people. It's great to read your thoughts about working for Cats Protection and thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.
I enjoyed volunteering at cats protection as it was an enjoyable job and the staff were lovely. I will definitely recommend to others looking for some experience.
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your thoughts with us, we really appreciate it.
Lovely people. Nice place. Excellent communication between stuff. Good time table. Very good management. I really recommend that job. Near to my house.
Where to start...- Zero accountability for managers who have little idea of what is happening beneath them - there incompetence, which is rife is some departments, is rarely noticed- All driven, passionate and talented people leave, or if they can't get a job elsewhere because CP fail to invest in their personal development, have all their drive and passion slowly drawn out of them- Too many staff and particularly Heads of Departments are stagnant and overly secure in their roles - no dynamism- Literally no learning and development which relates to management, project management, strategy or other important skills - A real lack of talent and experience of working in other industries- If they remembered to deliver performance management, which they regularly did not, I would be asked to set my own targets- No strategy to most of the their work, horrendous communication, a lack of transparency- Regular occurrences of jobs being promised behind closed doors to people- Issue with a lack of diversity which they knowingly refuse to deal with- They have a real issue with mental health problems - a significant number of employees are off sick with mental health issues which the managers are doing nothing about and pretending doesn't exist- They have an issue with racism and bigotry which they refuse to address - despite evidence showing it is a problem - Waste significant amounts of money on pens, expenses and projects e.g. Leading the Way - a project which was launched without any context, dreadfully communicated and has not been followed through
Pros
Easy job where you will be paid way too much yet not be held accountable
Cons
A charity full of cat-people and not people-people
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks you for taking the time to leave a review.  We read every comment and appreciate your honest feedback, all of which is noted. We strive hard to make Cats Protection a good place to work so we were dismayed to read how you feel about the leadership and culture within Cats Protection.  We encourage open and honest discussion and invite feedback directly to senior management, via our employee networks or through our HR team.
Cats Protection is a great place to volunteer for someone my age. The environment is relaxed and friendly and the staff are warm and welcoming. The training allowed me to feel comfortable to make my own decisions in what to do.
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It's good to hear what you think about volunteering with Cats Protection. We read every comment and really appreciate your feedback so thanks again.
I haven't been there long and I love it there, everyone is really great and I love working on the clothes. There is always conversion going on and everyone gets on well.
Pros
A happy working environment
Cons
Had shoplifters in the shop.
4 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your thoughts with Cats Protection, we really appreciate it.
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your thoughts with us, we really appreciate it.
Very repetitive when it comes to tagging items and working at the back of the house. In my case I was restricted from working as the cashier, even when I volunteered there for almost 6 months. The shop tends to be empty and unproductive on rainy days. Overall it depends on the kind of coworkers you have which could make the workplace a bit more fun and collaborative.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Repetitive
4 January 2021
Outstanding training & opportinities to progress within Charity or any retailer. Amazing support from the Senior management team. Cats Protection put welfare above money everytime, They care & that is the difference. They support people do the job with all the support materials & direct management assistance.
Pros
High end charity, great senior management, good salary
4 January 2021
Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review. Cats Protection reads all comments and appreciate you taking the time to leave such honest feedback. We work hard to make our charity a great place to work for both our volunteers and employees so reading your comments was a delight.
Repetitive work following strict health and safety instructions for cleaning regime of individual cat quarters. Enjoyable opportunity to play and socialise cat/s but time limited due to number of cats and volunteer numbers.
Pros
Cat socialisation
Cons
Strict routines
4 January 2021
Cats Protection thanks you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your thoughts as a volunteer with us, we really appreciate it.
A great place to work & gain experience, the management are very friendly and professional. It's really a great place for anyone out of work or with a lack of work history.
4 January 2021
Cats protection paid management large salaries but the cat caring staff very low salaries ruined my thoughts about charities as lots of money spent on bosses not cats
Pros
Good working hrs
Cons
Lack of support
4 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Cats Protection, our people, both employees and volunteers, are very important to us and we really appreciate your honest feedback.
The workplace was amazing to be in as the staff were helpful to a young work experience college student such as myself, would highly recommend as and actual job
4 January 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. It's good to hear about your work experience at Cats Protection. We read every comment and really appreciate your feedback so thanks again.
This is a very rewarding job. To see cats of all kinds coming into the shelter, looking after them and then finding their forever loving homes. It can be hard work cleaning out the cattery in the morning before opening to the public but it is quite enjoyable.
4 January 2021
We're delighted to read your comments and learn how you feel about volunteering with Cats Protection. We strive hard to make our charity a good place to work for both our employees and our volunteers and appreciate you taking time to leave such an honest review.
I had a work experience placement at Cats Protection Dundee for 5 days as part of a program organised by my school. It was ok but nothing exciting really.
5 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and for your feedback about your work experience placement at our centre in Dundee. We read every comment and really appreciate you taking the time to write a review.
  1. Employee reviews