Cavalry Healthcare Ltd

Cavalry Healthcare Ltd Employee Reviews

I'm not receiving enough hours due to locations and not being a driver the shifts I did were great until there was a problem then no shifts for two months.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Locations
No work in Lancashire and you feel there is a pecking order from ofice staff who gets the shifts. They pretend to care about you and the patients. What they really care about is making money.
Pros
You get paid on time
Cons
No Work
Although the staff appear helpful on the telephone It is increasingly difficult to get shifts. As soon as they become available they are gone! Sadly, have also had shift applications cancelled clearly in favour of somebody else which does not do much for your confidence. Get the impression that there is a pecking order where shift allocation is concerned. Very disappointed!
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Hard to get shifts
Joined during my time furloughed and ended up staying. By far the best car company I've ever worked with. Manager geniunely show care and compassion towards staff and clients and support the team in their roles.
Pros
Bonus shifts, pay rates, flexibility, caring, good management.
Cons
I've worked in alot of different sectors of care in my 5 years on the job and Cavalry without a doubt were the best care agency I ever worked for they're a very friendly family run business and really care about their staff unlike most care agencies
Pros
Friendly staff, good money
Cons
I’ve been with Cavalry Healthcare since February 2020 and it’s been such a great experience, to start with the induction day which everyone dreads because they always end up being really formal, for the first time in my experience of inductions this was by far the best, it was fun and staff and management had a great day. Then going out into field the support you have behind you, Cavalry always wanting you to grow and climb the ladder with the amazing opportunities they give, for example complex care; tracheostomy, PEG and internal feeding, medication management, seizure management training and so on. All this they offer. I became a Senior Care Assistant in June 2020 as I already had my level 3 in health and social care and also medication management training with cavalry, they made it happen. I have had the up most incredible support from all the team which I’ve never had EVER. Cavalry Healthcare ltd is a company I will forever recommend! When it comes to Profits and caring for those in need they will always choose the people! I’d give a higher star rating if I could ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Cons
I wouldn’t waste your time with these cowboys they offer you the world in terms of shifts but they very rarely deliver and there is no opportunity for career progression.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Hardly any work
Official response from Cavalry Healthcare Ltd
4 January 2021
Hello - I'm really sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. I wonder if there's been some sort of mix up? We have loads of shifts which is why we're pouring our energies into a recruitment campaign at the moment. I'm not able to see your name on your review, but if you'd like to email me directly (kate@cavalrycare.co.uk), I'll look into this for you and get you sorted with shifts! All best, Kate, Director, Cavalry Healthcare
I have worked for a couple of agencies, and found they all run the same. However when I joined cavalry it was so different! Management actually care about their staff, they go above and beyond to help you, they are so nice alongside keeping their professionalism. They create an amazing work - life balance, they listen to your availability and make sure you always get the right hours you need, wouldn’t recommend working for any other agency as this one changed my work life and got me into an amazing job.
Pros
Always amazing training offers ! Lots of courses to do, and for free!
Cons
Cannot think of any
What a company to work for! I've worked for Cavalry for about a year now and its an honour to be part of the Cavalry team. Loads of support available when necessary, great pay and everyone is just so kind. I've worked for a few agencies and Cavalry are, by far, the best!
Cons
I signed up with the Agency side Cavalry as a Healthcare Assistant in June and I cannot recommend them enough. It's like a big family, that I am proud to be part of. Everyone is friendly and always ask how you are. Training is excellent with a dedicated suite and facilities. I have now been working with the Complex Care Team for a few months as a Support Worker and I am absolutely loving it. I feel well supported and appreciated. Any issues are dealt with swiftly and it's a pleasure to be part of the Cavalry Complex Care family. If you are looking for a flexible and supported role in Health care then look no further, you won't regret it.
Pros
Flexible shifts, excellent rate of pay
Very approachable, understanding , hours to suit various locations . Bonus shifts , days and nights . Weekly pay . Always work available if you have transport
I Love working for Cavalry as I receive lots of offers and can be flexible with my hours at the same time enjoy my work. Staff are very professional and amazing in organizing shifts and there are always ample amount of working hours available.
Pros
Lots of Job offers
Cons
Can’t think of one
I’ve worked for Cavalry now for just over 2 months, they are a fantastic company to work for, they are always there to support you, there is always plenty of work, at my interview I was made to feel at ease there was no pressure, it’s true what they say we are like a family. There rate of pay is great much better than the previous agency I worked for, so looking forward to my future with Cavalry.
Pros
Fantastic Rate of pay, work when you want
Cons
Honestly I’ve found nothing to complain about
Absolutely love working for calvary, great company also great support from management. Always have shifts daily sent to you, pick and choose where you want to work, you get paid holiday pay in with weekly wage.Support is 100% there from management if you have any problems woth shifts or where your working, help with transport if needed.Would recommend to everyone.
Pros
Work when and where you want, great pay and other benefits
Cons
For me there isnt any cons
Enjoyed working here and you can make your own schedule I would say the only downside is you may have to travel to get work and may not get work every day. Pay is good and I only ever had 1 problem which was sorted out.
Pros
Good pay and sorting own schedule
Cons
Long hours and traveling to different locations
I started working for Cavalry at the end of March 2020 after being made redundant from my previous role. I was worried about starting a new role especially at the start of lockdown but was welcomed with open arms by the Cavalry family and haven’t looked back since. Cavalry is a great company to work for as everyone works together as a team to achieve the best possible care for the clients we support. I hope to work for Cavalry for many years to come.
Cavalry - the most caring company I have worked for. I was inducted and out on shift within a week! .The office is open until 10pm making it so easy to speak to the team. Lots of training available to progress within the company and you are valued. I have been with Cavalry for a year and there are so many shifts available. The minibus service to get staff to care homes is another amazing perk;
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Cavalry have such a lovely team , everyone I have spoke to regarding shifts is so nice and pleasant and do their best to get you booked in with shifts. I have worked for the past 5 yrs with another agency and I see a massive difference! The cavalry team have a pleasant manner that is second to none !!!! This company actual cares about the staff and I would recommend this agency to anyone.
Pros
The company cares about their staff and about giving the best care.
Worked for this company for over a year now. I don't have any grumbles about the company apart from you have to be glued to your phone sometimes just to get a shift as they go really quick. Been a bit slow and not many shifts in my area and I have to travel pretty far to pick up some of the shifts on offer. In all a good solid company that seems to genuinely care about its staff.
Pros
Bonus pay for last minute shifts.
Cons
Got to be quick to pick up shifts
A kind hearted, family run business. Will always go out of their way to accommodate your lifestyle. And always a delight to speak to whether on the phone or over a fantastic coffee or two.
Pros
Great coffee etiquette. And a pleasure to meet with and speak to.
Cons
N/a
One of thee best companies I have worked for. One if not thee best agencies to work with and for. Complete support from all management and office staff so supportive. Approachable understanding professional agency.