CBRE

CBRE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom262 reviews

Found 262 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,949 reviews
progressioncontractorganisationengineersitetrainingprogresscontractor

Fast Paced but you will learn

You will learn quick. High turnover in teams but they will give you opportunity for development. Salary is better than expected fair bonus system and they are keen to hybrid work

Toxic environment with zero accountability

This is comfortably the worst environment I’ve worked in. The management were rude and patronising and the business treated my particular team badly. Even people who were initially friendly began to show their disdain after a while and.. don’t bother anyone with questions… they’re already stretched and over worked… sorry I’ve got no sympathy for them, it’s the price paid for the life chosen. In summary, this is that typical city corporate that takes your soul and sanity.

Pros

It’s a paycheck

Cons

I don’t have the energy to list but above is the crux of it

Insights into CBRE

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Good Company to work for

No complaints , competitive salary , fast paced . Feel valued member of the team . Tools provided , van can be used for personal use , pension , tastecard

Great Workplace

It was a solid place to work. There is a strong emphasis on personal development. If you put in the effort then you will grow in your professional life.

Busy but worthwhile for those career focussed

This is actually my second stint at CBRE so I'm either a glutton for punishment or I actually enjoy it!It's an incredibly busy workplace at times but chance for advancement is quick for the right person.

Cbre

Overall it a good place to work if you have good management there a success, however as CS I believe they should be valued more and given a little bit extra and good management in local team.

Pros

1 hour break

Cons

Lot of audit and security to do billing

Firm but fair company

I worked for CBRE for 6 years until I had to Tupe transfer. I was promoted after 12 months as I was very driven and totally supported.I enjoyed coming into work every day and was supported as a home worker too during covid. Management made welfare video calls daily.

Pros

Excellent bonus scheme.

Cons

Best Job ever. Always looking forward to going to work, the atmosphere is just awesome. I can see myself progressing very quickly with the awesome leadership team at work.

Global company who has lost sight of its employees

Complete failure in management No leadership Very little help, support or understanding Rules and goals are constantly changed Progression is not existent along with a poor salary

Grunt work worthy

If you just want to be a grunt it’s a great company if you want to get careers advanced be ready to be stabed in the back repeatedly managers get bonus money for treating you like cheap labor recruiters will call you and promise you the world and then you will be left hanging over and over again it’s all about Quota and looking good for the man

Miserable and underpaid

Lack of organisation, training and respect, no chance to progress unless you friendly with relevant people. If you do progress higher a lot of pressure is on you.

Badly manage/ poor leadership

Bad place to work, bad management, 4 managers in 1 year. Don't know what they are doing and making it up as they go along.No leadership from the higher manager.Keep away

Best company by far

Fantastic environment. Fantastic management and very supportive of career aspirations.Over all the best place I’ve ever worked.Expected to work hard, but rewarded well for effort.

Avoid at all costs

Worked here for 2years. Started out okay then management changed. The place became toxic. Management treat you like school kids whilst having unrealistic workload expectations which when everyone is struggling they don't understand cause and try changing something causing more work.Not allowed to talk to colleagues about anything. Progession - unless your face fits (become a yes person) you have no chanceMy recommendation is to avoid at all costs!!

John Lewis and Waitrose FM contract - Glasgow

Least professional company I have worked for. No training, no site familiarisation, no PDA training, no help.There are engineers signing off multiple PM’s that are not being done and there is zero supervision.Management are ex JL or Waitrose so favour the ex JL and Waitrose tupe staff who are on enhanced contracts and seem to have flexi hours!If you want structure and a base level of professionalism - it would be best to avoid CBRE in Glasgow.

Pros

No tracker - so guys work 4/6 hours and go home

Cons

Everything else - management are on a vacation

Good place to work but beware the bonus

Great teams to work with, very supportive. Senior management is very good with clear vision. Socially very active and expenses policy is quite relaxed.

Pros

Good people, good social scene. Interesting high profile work and clients.

Cons

Opaque bonus structure and beware the bonus clawback clause if you leave for whatever reason, Presenteeism

Nice site to work on clean and new with easy parking good working hours

Worked as a contractor the site was large but clean and most people helpful and friendly the work was a little simple at times but the pay was good the management was relaxed would have liked to have worked there full time if possible but they took on another member from another site I would definitely work there again

Pros

Free drink machines and a nice canteen

Cons

A bit boring at times soft facilities manager was horrible

Large company, decent opportunities for training and progression.

Large company, decent opportunities for training and progression. Company protocols can be quite convoluted and complex, Sometimes feel like a number. Good work life balance.

Pros

Company protocols can be quite convoluted and complex.

Cons

Sometimes feel like a number.

Great company, good benifits etc, good work life ballance

Great to work for, salary good and good progression in place if wanted.Can defo move forward in your career. Loads of overtime and working hours are good

Pros

Good progression, salary good

Cons

Non all is well

N/a

Long hours, Decent pay and benefits Stressful work environment Difficult to progress, face has to fitLack of training and continuous development

Pros

Cons

Stressful

Unfortunately, if you're over 40 you're too old.

The Big Green Money Machine. Extremely corporate, its like Suits but without the expertise or experience. Atrocious IT systems make life a misery. Training is a dangled carrot to get you onboard but in reality the annual budget per person for training is too low to be of any significant use. I sourced and arranged finance for all my own training. Overly focused on being WOKE at the expense of others who don't fit a specifically target demographic.

Pros

Marginally better than being on benefits

Cons

Senior management team prefer metrics and box ticking exercises as opposed to recognising hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare CBRE with

Learn about CBRE in popular locations

• CBRE