CDP

CDP: 9 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Productive and professional workplace

Due to the environment in which the engineering intails the start of the shift was a number of safety checks. The process always started with loading steel rods weighing up to 2.5tns onto a overhead crane then dropping them into acid baths to remove the rust. With ever steel rod it come with a S.O.Ps with informs you to what procedure. Then it gets restraped and sent to line which it will get shaped, most of the steel will end up as oil pipe and be use in the north sea among others places all over including Brazil Indonesia and China.

Pros

Good work place, excellent rate of pay

Cons

Working the night shift

A good place to gain work experience at entry level, fun and dynamic work environment

A fun place to work with supportive work colleagues and managers. The NGO is the international NGO with 8 overseas subsidiary offices. There are some difficulties managing the overseas offices but this is also the challenge that you will not find from working with the local UK companies.

Pros

Good place to gain new experience as things are constantly changing

Cons

Work can be too demanding with many deadlines. Long hours

Insights into CDP

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

fun work place

its was a fun place to work and get skills, i specially enjoyed seeing everything and everyone during the day and week specially the meetings and learning the ropes

fun busy

1) put delivery's away 2) rotate stock 3) prep food for the day 4) maintain hygiene clean surfaces 5) serve food with finesse 6) running of the kitchen productively fast pass of work team of 4 chefs 1 kp

Pros

staff food after 8 hours

proffessional driver

multi drop delivery, removals, collections, customer service, vehicle maintenance,local, national

Work experience

I did my work experience at a paper and toiletries supply company in Hull, during this time I worked as an admin assistant dealing with invoices, inputting data, talking to clients and faxing.

a fun and enjoyable workplace

a typical day included calling and computing, i learned how to be better at it and passed with my intermediate skills in sales and telesales, the management were nice and fair it was enjoyable, my co-workers i knew before hand from my dad and it was fun seeing them again, the hardest part was calling someone up for real and getting my first sale, the most enjoyable part of the job was learning it was intense and fun and really brought it for me.

Pros

learning

Cons

in liverpool

Personal

I enjoyed working for CDP (Council of Disabled People). Although I was one of the executive committee members I enjoyed working as an advocate visiting disabled people at there homes to help with problems e.g:- monitory or shopping,heating. I also was a chairman for the Coventry Sickle Cell & Thalassaemia Support Group duties were to organise monthly meetings at St Peters Community Centre in Coventry and visit members for moral support.

Challenging and educating

CDP taught me lots of different skills. I worked with a range of service users with diverse needs, from housing issues to mental health issues. I enjoyed undertaking assessments and meeting a lot of different characters. Putting services in place to benefit people was very satisfying. All the staff at CDP are very supportive. It was the ideal place to undertake my Practice Placement 2 for social work as it offers a range of different groups, from parents and carers of substance users, to parents of children in foster care/adoption.

Pros

very supportive staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about CDP in popular locations

• CDP
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?