CDS Ltd

CDS Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews

depotdriverwagemonthrecommendlongweekmoney

Fast paced

Good place to work, salary could be better. Self employed positions so no contract as such but you still have to sign something. Van rental is on the High side

Worst company I’ve worked for

Very unprofessional and it’s a lot of work they expect you to drive 1 hour away with still 170-180 stops with 260 parcels Lead driver didn’t have a clue how to run the business and other drivers just not nice people I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here

Insights into CDS Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Hard work

Had the luck of the draw with a decent manager rest of them don’t care just want you to meet targets that aren’t achievable 150+ plus drops a day with 200+ parcels van overflowing can work around.

Usual company taking advantage of people under the guise of being self employed.

Long hours, high expenses, no job security. Easily disposed of. Unrealistic expectation of its drivers. No breaks, overloaded vans, having to pre in bottles. Very high rental costs for vans and outrageous expenses for repairs( over four times the cost of private repair quote). Their intention to make money from you in anyway possible. The actual jobs quite enjoyable though.

In real situation there is No chance to earn £49.000 a year , New Units

In real situation there is No chance to earn £49.000 a year , New Units . Working hours is a lot longer than I’ve told on Interview , no tolerance to personal circumstances , Managers looking for any chance to reduce paying Bonus and never saying Truth

Cons

Expect to have 11 hours basically

Great team, supportive manager, good pay

Working as an away driver so staying in a hotel with some other drivers,Everyone helps each other, it's a good atmosphere with the team and the manager is what you want and need. Super helpful and approachable.

Pros

Pay The team My manager

Cons

Away from home and family

Work-pay-life-balance

I have only 10 months workings for CDSG but I can say it's the best company I worked for so far...Amazing team..Amazing management! Never had any problems. I recommend 100%.

Professional and friendly place to work

CDS is a great place to work. I am very happy in my position here. CDS offer progression within the job and are always willing to help their staff....

No respect, threat you like a rubbish.

Guy's stay away, not worth it. Good shifts if you kiss managers a**, otherwise pump you to the limit. Some drivers work short double pay shifts, some loooong single one. If you have good licking skills you're be abble to work Saturday and Sunday as well. If you don't respect yourself please apply.

Absolute rip off

The company don't stick to there own contract and try ripping you off when you leave by adding charges to invoices that are totally wrong. Then hold onto your money for fines/van damage even though it says in there contract they only can hold £500 for 28 days. 80% for damage and 20% for fines.. lads that work there are sound. Some of the management are fine but I think they need to redo there contact and stick to what is says

Pros

Drivers

Cons

Money owed

14 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please email us at cdsrecruitment@cdsgl.co.uk so that we can look into your pay queries asap. We look forward to hearing from you.

Friendly environment, good communication with the managers

I am working for CDSG for more then 3 years, I never had any problems with the payments or with managers. they are very friendly, always helping you when you have a problem on the road or about something else. Great place for work, flexibility, you choose the days you want to work. I really recommend this company.

14 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your hard work for CDS.

Fun work place

Been 2 years now with CDS out of the Coalville station.Great self employed work place,with flexibility towards schedule and good pay too.If you are a fast paced person and enjoy working out this is the place to be

Pros

Flexibility/good pay

Cons

sometimes late starts

So glad I made the change

So glad that I took the chance (despite rumours) to work in a booming sector.No shortage of work, and the rate of pay is extremely competitive.Self employment has given me the reigns over my schedule and finances, so has not been scary.

Pros

Good always outweighs bad. Friendly and helpful team. Job freedom. Enjoy driving

Cons

All weathers

14 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying the work and are feeling the benefits of being self - employed too. We really appreciate your hard work!

Young people in fast growing company

Have joined 3 years ago and since my life changed. Just will not use any cliche to describe about the job. But honestly when a person is work paced this company, or the people here, are seeing your potential and award you for your work done.

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This is so great to hear! Thank you for your hard work and commitment to CDS.

friendly environment and good communication with management

it's been great working with CDS as the I get to learn new thing everyday the team is very supportive and always happy to help, well focused management to provide good customer service.

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your hard work and pleased that you enjoy working for CDS!

Productive place self employed freedom

Self-employed role gives you freedom and flexibility. Hard work but rewards are great. Finish early if you are quick Well structured app delivery system. Extra earnings available

Pros

freedom to rota yourself

Cons

late finish

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your hard work and dedication to CDS.

Worked for CDS for around a year and a half, have great fun with the team…positive atmosphere at the depot. Always meeting new people and enjoy working towards meeting realistic targets. Always support from my lead driver if I’m struggling which is great. Wouldn’t want to work anywhere else.

Pros

Amazing pay

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate your hard work and it is great to hear your Lead Driver is supportive! Thank you from all at CDS.

Changed my life

After not being able to do my job through COVID I became depressed so I decided to change my career path. I applied for CDS and I haven’t looked back. If you want a job that is fast paced and keeps you on your toes, gives you opportunity to process and meet new people this is the job for you. Also pays well and get paid on time every week

Pros

Good pay, always busy

Cons

Physical job

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoy working for us. We really appreciate your hard work.

Read before agreeing to work for this company

First of all if you do not own a van you will have to rent a van, can choose a short wheel base or long wheel base, if you choose the long wheel base you will earn around £20 - £30 more per day, sounds good ay?, keep reading.The van rental is £210 per week, then they will charge you £10 per invoice this will cost you £10 per week, then the insurance, they say that the insurance is included within the £210 per week, but if anything happens to the van you will have to pay the astonishing excess of £2,500. As well as this you will be paying for the fuel, guys and girls this is not worth it. Very little money, don't forget this is a self-employed role so there is no benefits at all.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Cons

Van rental, insurance, rate of pay, expectations of how many parcels you need to deliver.

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy working for us or feel that you earnt enough money. Unfortunately, we are unable to cover van damages when the driver is liable. We wish you every success with your future career.

No work life balance

Absolute disgrace, how a company can still get away with what there doing, when you leave you will not receive what your owed in wages they will tell you, you will have to wait a month, but then you still DO NOT RECEIVE PAYMENTS

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As a company, we pride ourselves on always paying the right money, at the right time. I am sorry to hear you didn't receive your pay - please do email us and I will look into this for you alongside our van manager who can advise if there was any van damage owed. The email is cdsrecruitment@cdsgl.co.uk I look forward to hearing from you.

Good place to work for

Been with them for over 4months, leave because I live too far so spent too much time to get there. Management is really helpful, keep truck nice clean and tidy. Paid day rate up to 12hrs

Pros

Clean trucks, easy work usually swapping a trailers, no handball required

28 October 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working for CDS.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDS Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement