Celtic Manor Resort
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Celtic Manor Resort Employee Reviews

United Kingdom127 reviews

manorresorthotellovelyfreelongshiftstaff

Usually good, sometimes too chaotic

Some events are poorly organised and staff aren’t given enough time to set up or breaks are missed to meet deadlines. Management sometimes disappear for ages and staff are left without direction.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Missed breaks, lack of organisation

Not productive and bad workplace

Didn’t like the pay system and the no shifts. Was getting a shifts cancelled at 12pm at night just as I was asleep so I’d wake up with no work after preping and getting ready

Pros

Meet nice people

Cons

Pay

Insights into Celtic Manor Resort

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Hard work and not appreciated

Unsociable hours, no thanks and never appreciated. Money making machine and you are just a number. When joined just seen as the newbie nobody took the time to speak to me

Pros

Cons

Lots

Good first job

I worked part-time at the Tŷ Hotel. Was my first job as a 17 year old. Manager was very supportive with my A-Levels e.g. giving me reduced shifts during exam season. Staff was all lovely and was a very comfortable environment to work in. As it’s been a while, I can’t say whether or not this has stayed the same.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Lack of staff meant that I was often on shifts on my own

Fine

Not a bad place to work if you have an interest in golf, benefits are good, hours can be an issue and quite unsociable overall it was a decent few months

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad ot

Terrible working environment

At my time working here I was patronised, disrespected, overworked and underpaid. The "culture" they have there is an absolute myth and the staff are constantly slandering each other behind their backs in order to get ahead. Management is incredibly rude and also very lazy.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Ridiculously long hours Underpaid Toxic environment

Used for busy periods

The Celtic Manor is a 3 star hotel disguised as a 5 star hotel. I worked as a receptionist here and it is a complete shambles. They hire young people who don’t yet understand their rights as employees and hire people by enticing them in with higher wages, but during busy periods and then get rid of them.The Celtic Manor are known for dismissing people during probationary periods so they can’t fight back against it. This is a great job if your looking for extra money or work during summer or Christmas, but as a full time job it is not a safe option.

Pros

High wage Good hours Great supervisors

Cons

No job security Sexist dress code Bad upper management No training

Great depending on where you work

It can be very good as you can request shifts on the app that suit you and can hand them over to other people if you can no longer do the shift. Overall managers are nice and the people you work with are usually amazingMy advice is work around until you find a restaurant you like best and just pick up shifts there.

Pros

Flexible shifts/hours you want to work

Cons

Not secure (0 hour contract)

No comment

The cleaning manager and assistants are very nice, but the supervisors are a bad culture for the other staff on the team, you have to watch your back as they whisper very bad about others all the time - whether you are the manager or you clean the rooms - you are nothing for them.I worked for 3 months as a supervisor and despite the fact that I really liked this job and the people with whom I worked on my floors, I already had enough negative comments from other suoervisors who spoke very badly about me on my back

Cons

I give this 1 star 🌟 very under staffed no time for a break some of the management are clicky but not all of them a few are nice. management don't really care its just words if your face fits its great but if it doesn't your never going to go higher up the ladder I don't recommend this place.

Pros

Hours

Cons

Very busy at times no time for a break

Bullying

Management is difficult to understand and they don’t motivate employees at all It’s always hearing after hearing and emails flying all overIt’s just a mess

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Work is too much

Wouldn't reccomend

Absolute mad show of a work place, if you are new you get bullied, don't teach you anything but expect you to know everything, honestly wouldn't reccomend anyone to work here as its every man for himself, one of the managers are also very touchy feely

Pros

Free food

Loved the place

I worked on the security department of the resort and I loved it when I was there.The only reason I left was due to COVID related redundancies which was a real kick in the shin for me.Worked in an amazing team and met 100s of amazing other staff throughout the resort.Sure some departments can have their own clicks but as long as you’re open to meet new people then they’re friends for a long time.The perks are amazing! (Cheap golf too if you’re in to it ;) ).

Pros

On site meal, discounts galore, free stays, cheap golf, good people, world class facilities

Cons

Some of the shift patterns were a knee to the nuts but it was a part of security life.

Avoid at all costs!

I worked here for 2 years as a reservation agent, the way shifts worked is I would work 9-10 days in a row without a day off and not doing a day overtime, would be 5days from week 1 and 5 From week 2, pay was terrible, all depended who you were where you made it. Final straw even though I was good at my job was being told to sit down when I needed the toilet! A email would go out to the whole team every morning of mistakes people had made the day before even nee starters .. just to shame them. View of the resort have completely changed its all about money and not about people, very false culture, even the way guests were spoke about. Avoid avoid avoid.. I may also add I decided to leave myself I was good at my job, hated the environment!

Pros

Discounted rooms, Free sandwich at lunch, turkey and wine at Christmas

Cons

Long hours, false people, unfamily friendly and being treated like a child

Unproductive and disrespectful management

Low wages long hours no respect from management, customers are not there priority and neither are the staff just money grabbers that only look out for themselves.

Pros

Cons

Doing 2-3 jobs from being understaffed

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Un trabajo muy dinamico he intenso . Te respetan tu posicion es decir que si estas de terapeuta no tienes que dedicarte a la recepcion o hacer otros trabajos que no son de tu competecias .

Pros

Atractivos beneficios, y flexibilidad laboral

Cons

no pagan los breaks

Nice hotel

Nice hotel to look at but unfortunately they do not care for the staff. Work over the contract ours for no benefit and treated like a crook if you don’t except there forced additional ours.

Pros

Looks good on a CV

Cons

The list is to big

Great Job

Only my relocation made me leave here, since then I've gone from one dead job to another looking for similar qualities in a job that no other employer can compete with.

Pros

Dead easy job with plenty of perks

Cons

Mainly unsociable hours but that's hospitality.

Review

Excellent work atmosphere, good training is provided. The job is very demanding and the hours are usually quite long so there’s not much time for yourself.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Hourly rate

productive work place

a typical day at work would be fun or really stressful depending on the event and the amount of people. i learned how to deal with customers and how to work independently.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

stressful

Good

Not a bad place to work with a lot of different but friendly faces. Some good benefits included in the job role. Overall a good community and environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celtic Manor Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement