Celtic Manor Resort logo
Celtic Manor Resort

Celtic Manor Resort Employee Reviews

productive work place

a typical day at work would be fun or really stressful depending on the event and the amount of people. i learned how to deal with customers and how to work independently.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

stressful

Bullying

Management is difficult to understand and they don’t motivate employees at all It’s always hearing after hearing and emails flying all overIt’s just a mess

Pros

Nice uniform

Cons

Work is too much

Wouldn't reccomend

Absolute mad show of a work place, if you are new you get bullied, don't teach you anything but expect you to know everything, honestly wouldn't reccomend anyone to work here as its every man for himself, one of the managers are also very touchy feely

Pros

Free food

Loved the place

I worked on the security department of the resort and I loved it when I was there.The only reason I left was due to COVID related redundancies which was a real kick in the shin for me.Worked in an amazing team and met 100s of amazing other staff throughout the resort.Sure some departments can have their own clicks but as long as you’re open to meet new people then they’re friends for a long time.The perks are amazing! (Cheap golf too if you’re in to it ;) ).

Pros

On site meal, discounts galore, free stays, cheap golf, good people, world class facilities

Cons

Some of the shift patterns were a knee to the nuts but it was a part of security life.

Avoid at all costs!

I worked here for 2 years as a reservation agent, the way shifts worked is I would work 9-10 days in a row without a day off and not doing a day overtime, would be 5days from week 1 and 5 From week 2, pay was terrible, all depended who you were where you made it. Final straw even though I was good at my job was being told to sit down when I needed the toilet! A email would go out to the whole team every morning of mistakes people had made the day before even nee starters .. just to shame them. View of the resort have completely changed its all about money and not about people, very false culture, even the way guests were spoke about. Avoid avoid avoid.. I may also add I decided to leave myself I was good at my job, hated the environment!

Pros

Discounted rooms, Free sandwich at lunch, turkey and wine at Christmas

Cons

Long hours, false people, unfamily friendly and being treated like a child

Unproductive and disrespectful management

Low wages long hours no respect from management, customers are not there priority and neither are the staff just money grabbers that only look out for themselves.

Pros

Cons

Doing 2-3 jobs from being understaffed

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Un trabajo muy dinamico he intenso . Te respetan tu posicion es decir que si estas de terapeuta no tienes que dedicarte a la recepcion o hacer otros trabajos que no son de tu competecias .

Pros

Atractivos beneficios, y flexibilidad laboral

Cons

no pagan los breaks

Nice hotel

Nice hotel to look at but unfortunately they do not care for the staff. Work over the contract ours for no benefit and treated like a crook if you don’t except there forced additional ours.

Pros

Looks good on a CV

Cons

The list is to big

Great Job

Only my relocation made me leave here, since then I've gone from one dead job to another looking for similar qualities in a job that no other employer can compete with.

Pros

Dead easy job with plenty of perks

Cons

Mainly unsociable hours but that's hospitality.

Review

Excellent work atmosphere, good training is provided. The job is very demanding and the hours are usually quite long so there’s not much time for yourself.

Pros

Good training

Cons

Hourly rate

Jobs at Celtic Manor Resort

See more jobs

Good

Not a bad place to work with a lot of different but friendly faces. Some good benefits included in the job role. Overall a good community and environment to work in.

Good development

If you prepared to work and want a career in hospitality this is a great place to learn and also to bring in your ideas to advance your department. Work hard and efficient for the team and it will be seen It is a very busy place

Pros

Great further development is offered take up or ask for it, canteen food in Resort is good and included, lots of great benefits in general, have a good plan and present it well and you will be listened to, lots of friendly people

Cons

A few people are too long there, therefore do not want to accept required change, to advance work of individual positions and the department

Horrible work environment

Horrible toxic environment. Management paid well but line staff paid terribly very unsocial hours with unfair rota system and toxic environment. HR are lovely and try to support

Not 5 star

Horrible place to work, long hours with very little time off and managers do nothing but take all the thanks for your hard work. Senior management was very good but under him was not good.

Fake people

SEEMS a nice company to work for but as time goes on you see the true colours of management and other drones further down the line. The whole structure and fabric of the place relies on snakes and rats in every corner.. management has only ever become management in this place by merely stepping on toes.. and tell tailing. No room to expand only way to show willingness is to be fake and smiley and stab people in the back at any given chance. Maintenance seem to do very little work always hiding in office area or changing a bulb atmost. Avoid snakes unless you are 1 is my advice

Management great!!!

Had to cover agency for cleaning, At first was difficult, however the following weeks getting to know staff and the building have been very accommodating.Its very hard work but also rewarding. Management work so hard and are extremely supportive, it's a great place to work.

Overworked and understaffed

Whilst the cheap rooms and discounted restaurants are a nice perk, working 8/10 shifts in a row just because they can rota you like that and unapproachable management makes the perks seem quite lame in comparison. some of the staff were nice to work with, but overall the job would only suit someone who wanted to be married to their job. Poor wages and being short staffed all the time takes its toll too. Also, the management (from my experience) dont mind partaking in idle gossip and often talk about their staff to the team when they aren't present.

Pros

Cons

Too many shifts in a row, two faced management.

Alright to work for if you don't have a family or a social life

It is an alright place to work for as long as you don't have a family ....or you are extremely flexible. Would recommend working here as long as the above doesn't apply to you.

Pros

free lunches....not the best

Appalling pay

Appalling rate of pay here surely with the cost to stay at this place they can pay more than minimum wage?¿ 80% of the workers are foreigners that seem to be happy getting peanuts for pay nevermind brexit will sort this 😆

Pros

Free food

Cons

Appalling pay

Amazing team to work with

With a large and great team to work with, plenty of opportunity to move around internally between different departments. A good place to start and progress in a hospitality career.

Pros

Free Lunches and Good Discounts

Cons

Long hours / weekly rota

Management don't care

I worked here in Housekeeping Two supervisors were great . Some others were quite nasty . Shortage of Maid trolleys , hooverrs . Staff not sharing equipment and bullying from management and other housekeeping associates. I often ended my shifts being upset by how some other staff spoke to me no respect . I was pleased to be offered a job with the Celtic Manor. My idea of how it would be was quite different to the reality .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celtic Manor Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement