Centaur Travel

Centaur Travel Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews

Employment

No respect for driver issue and do not explain any complaints if any get sent in plus have no due care and attention towards employee health and safety

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, I was paid fairly for my work, great home-work life balance. No commute to work as got picked up. I enjoyed my school runs and meeting new people from all walks of life.

Pros

No commute to work Good home-work life balance

Insights into Centaur Travel

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Below par operator.

Company is good if you're in between jobs. Recruitment is very quick. Nice managers and generally good workforce. Poor communication amongst those higher up. Differences in pay between drivers on the same contract.

Pros

Management less on your tail, and lets you get on with the job.

Cons

Long-ish hours not reciprocated with pay, Poor communication, Vehicles not the best presented for fairly new (4-5 year old) fleet

Great collegues

A professional but relaxed atmosphere with great colleagues. Varied job - you get to meet and visit lots of different places. I found everyone supportive.

exciting

not wt I accepeted , your are not given right info at interview hours not explained properly every day is different no proper intro or trainning given to new starters

Cons

salary, managment is beyond terrible

working with disabled kids is great, im lucky enough to not have hard ones. salary is rubbish and they always find a way of either not paying you or lowering the wage. management isnt so great either

Pros

passengers, some times

Cons

everything else

good feeling helping people

This job was very worth while as you are helping familys with their children making sure you get them to and from school and making the childrens day enjoyable when you see their faces when they are telling you what they have been doing.

Pros

just helping children to go school

Cons

not enough hrs

Enjoyable working relationship with all members of staff

There is no such thing as a typical day a work. Each day presented new and interesting challenges when working with children and young adults with special needs. I always found my team workers helpful, polite to work with. Worked in a very hands on position. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are always polite courteous and helpful when dealing with all aspects of challenging and abusive behaviour.

Pros

free transport

Cons

having to work only in term date

Meeting different people with special needs is so rewarding & everyday different. Taking these people to different destinations can be challenging but very satisfactory when you see the smile.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centaur Travel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement