Center Parcs

Center Parcs Employee Reviews

United Kingdom379 reviews

centrepasslovelycenterlodgeperkvillaguest

Relaxed and satisfying

A relaxed environment and the department I work in my colleagues are more than willing to help and pass on knowledge. Management communicates well and they are there if you need to talk to them.

amazing colleagues

Can be. difficult with holidays and a tense atmosphere colleagues make the days go better no real opportunity for progression and can feel under appreciated.

Insights into Center Parcs

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Lovely place to work

Great place to work, it is hard work on change over days, but I prefer being busy, surroundings are nice, and staff benefits are great, used the facilities many times.

Fun workplace

Friendly staff and good environment to work in.Maintenance department is a good place to work.Just trying to fill the 150 characters so I can see other people's reviews

Great company

Best of all leisure employers in the area. Hours/ balance can be difficult but no different to any other job. Good training and progression available

Not terrible

It's cleaning. So it is what it is. Can't say cleaning toilets is the most thrilling of jobs. Management are amazing and other staff make the job worth it. Benefits are brill with 60% off hols and free day passes

Fairly relaxed, poor management

For the most part staff members are great but management and departments need to communicate better. Plenty of perks which are fine but that comes at the price of low wages for people with qualifications

Pros

Perks, discounts

Cons

Bad management, low wages

Beautiful environment, great people to work with and a clear business strategy.

Very customer focused, clear processes and procedures good communication.Responsibilities not reflected in salary and work schedule isn’t flexible Very good training program for new starters but limited due to work pressure once completed.High expectations relating to performance and behaviour.Excellent customer service provided at all times.

Pros

Good benefits great environment

Cons

Inflexible working, salary should be more reflective of the role

A great company with a 'we are family' culture

It is a fast paced environment, but that is because it is within hospitality!You need to be prepared to work a mix of weekends and possibly weekends, plus bank holidays.It is a company where I feel valued and we were looked after really well during the pandemic.I would highly recommend working at Center Parcs - great community plus great benefits!

Great job security

I've been at CP Woburn Forest since it pre-opening in 2014, and I'm still here. In that time I've had career advancement in the shape of secondments and promotions. The culture of CP is unique and it's a wonderful environment to work in, and even better on days off using the facilities and sharing my benefits with friends and family. I've worked in Leisure and Housekeeping and loved each of my roles. My hours are consistent and guaranteed and I'm always paid on-time. The company really looked after us by going above and beyond on the furlough scheme during the lockdowns and protected my job role. I have recently just completed an Apprenticeship through the company which was all paid-for by them - which is something I've never had offered by previous employers. I've been here for 8 years so far and can't imagine not working here.

Pros

Staff Discounted Holidays, Free Day Passes, Free use of leisure facilities, Staff Parties, All expenses paid Apprenticeship

Cons

The busiest time for our industry is when everyone else is off, so you will be expected to work most Bank Holidays and School Holidays.

Nice place to work

Beautiful place to work with good benefits and good opportunities. Staff are friendly and lots of activities to do on day passes. Opportunity to progress career also

Good little job

If your willing to put the work in, it's a great little job! Most team leaders are easy to get on with and will help when needed.Typical I get put on a team with one who was not this way! And as I believed in helping the rest of the team when they needed it there was around 6 of us who got put on different teams very often! So wasn't always on the same patch.

Pros

Day passes

Cons

Poor team leaders

Working in Outdoor Activities meant no two days were the same! Each day was exciting and working with guests was lovely! All the people are amazing and the company is rewarding too!

Fast paced and stressful

Good workplace culture where there's lots of young people to mix with. Only issue was the long working hours later on in the day that meant that you were working unsociable hours.

Pros

Meet new people

Cons

Long Hours

Good experience

I worked here before the pandemic, and decided to leave once it reopened as I was constantly being moved between departments. The work culture is good and I had some great colleagues and managers. The higher management could have been better on the other hand. There are some amazing staff benefits which is definitely a pro, but the salary itself wasn’t the best. I did love my job at the start, but unfortunately the dynamics changed after lockdown which is not the company’s fault either.

Work you hard

This is fast paced work and extremely hard, you feel like a dog. When people are off sick you get double work load yet expected to do it in the same amount of time as your daily work load. They don’t allow extra time if guest have left a lodge in terrible condition. I don’t think the managers have any experience in these roles because what is expected isn’t realistic. It’s back breaking. No job should require pain killers to do the work. It’s quite stressful getting the work load done in the amount of time. Your so sore, you can’t think straight. Really terrible. Many new people don’t like last long. I think managers need to rethink the system to keep staff and treat them better.

Pros

Beautiful location

Cons

Fast pace, back breaking, Managers expect too much, You have to cover staff shortage in the same amount of hours but not rewarded for it

Lovely staff

Overall Upbeat lovely place to work, fast paced lots of training 10 plus weeks, Hard labour expectations high for what you have to cover in the time you have.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Hard labour

Supportive environment with opportunities for career progression

The company cares about its staff, this was especially apparent throughout the pandemic. The culture is friendly and supportive, the working environment is stunning, nature and wildlife every work day never gets boring. The staff benefits available are amazing.

Pros

The company benefits; discounted holidays, free access to the Spa, free day-passes, lots of opportunity to develop and progress

Cons

Workload can be high

Happy and friendly place to work

I've had a few jobs in my time but this is about the best. Friendly staff and management always there if you need any help. Really nice surroundings as you approach work gives you a good feeling not that not another day feeling.

Pros

Lot of perks cheep holidays. Day passes discount on anything you buy

Cons

Not enough staff parking.

not for me

Micro managed, depts not working together.....sometimes not enough time to get villa ready for next guest.... Lunch time all end back at one of the villa, where trying to have lunch and listening to a staff brief in my time!

They'll work you so hard you'll forget what a family life is like.

Constantly understaffed back of house, told you'll be payed overtime, but then don't get payed what you've worked. You'll be leaned on to work extra shifts, and told you're not a team player if you want to spend time with you're family on your days off. They'll deliberately spread your days off out so they get the maximum amount of days out of you without a day off. When you go on annual leave expect to have worked 12 days straight before you go away, then expect to work 12 days more once you get back.

Pros

On site parking, and you can use the facilities, if you can stand being there on your days off.

Cons

Long hours, don't get payed right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Parcs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Center Parcs with

Learn about Center Parcs in popular locations

• Center Parcs
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?