CENTRAL ENGLAND CO-OP

CENTRAL ENGLAND CO-OP Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Customer Assistant2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews

3.2Pay & benefits

Can be confusing understanding how they operate. Great team!

Coop can be a little confusing when you first start with all the different societies. It also confuses their own members about what cards can and cannot be used so don't feel too bad. Due to covid i didn't have a formal induction and instead did a few basic modules on a computer. I felt this left me at a disadvantage starting with the company. My team however were absolutely fantastic! A well organised, friendly and some very hard working people. They welcomed me very quickly and made me at ease. You can be yourself and have fun at work.Scheduling and hours were a little all over the place. I think this is down to the current culture of retail as a whole. By having staff on minimum 8hour contracts, im assuming to save money... there can be large gaps in the rota which they expect staff to fill at a moments notice. Companies need to understand that this can work both ways, once a colleague has worked their 8hours a week they are under no obligation to do extra. This can be detrimental to the team and leave people feeling like they have to fill the hours in fear of 'letting people down'. I also noticed weekends (busiest time for retail) is were staff was lacking most. I was on an 8hour contract but mostly working full time hours thanks to overtime. I had asked for a more substantial contract but told they only provide them to team leaders and management. That said, talking to my manager my contract was increased to 18hours. Remember If you don't ask you don't get!Pay can also be a little confusing as worked hours and overtime have different cut off dates. When you first -

Pros

Quick staff discount @ £1 fee Team

Cons

Inconsistent rotas and hours, Cut off with pay.

Friendly

My experience is limited as I only worked there a short time, though everyone I met was friendly and I settled in quickly. Not a high pressure job at all, and a lot of the time it was very quiet.

Pros

Friendly, supportive and relaxed

Cons

Extra shifts were not fun, as the store was often too quiet!

Insights into CENTRAL ENGLAND CO-OP

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CENTRAL ENGLAND CO-OP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement