Centrica

Centrica Employee Reviews

United Kingdom575 reviews

Business Analysis at British Gas

Featured review

Centrica selected this as a representative review
It is a great organisation to work, I was part of one of the major transformation project over 400 million, SAP CRM, and this was implemented in Agile approach with blue sky approach. There were 40 Scrums and I was supporting 3 scrums. Sales process, Services, backend processes. Typical Agile delivery process, I was also trained to be Agile BA, and Product Owner roles. User story requirements backlog was created, and ok with Scrum teams, dev, test, and UX. Daily stand ups, resolve impediments, prepare backlog for future sprints, and attend dependency forum to plan dependency requirements between other delivery teams in other scrums. Fast phased approach in agile and dynamic delivery environment.

Short term gig

Great short term gig, the on site engineers you work with on nights are awesome and respectful. You get respect from on-site staff which doesn’t always happen as a security officer.

Insights into Centrica

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Misleading job deacription

Job description not accurate. Stressfull job, work-life balance not great , not paid enough considering requirements. Left after 3 months and feel like it was the best desicion I ever made.

Constant change.

This company is in a constant cycle of change and attempting to improve its current situation.Unfortunately it never seems to achieve its goals due to poor planning and low moral within its workforce of engineers. Most have either already left the company or planning a future elsewhere. Maybe if higher management focused on the engineers who deal with customers, to treat them with much more integrity and be valued far more.

Stressful and pressured

Centrica/British Gas is not a company you feel you can stand behind. O think they treat their customers and staff fairly badly. They want you to take ownership of complaints that you have no training to deal with and if you are unable and pass to the complaints team its frowned upon. They do not give you proper training for extra work that you will be expected to. The systems they use are very slow. The colleagues were mostly wonderful people, just a very stressful job with poor customer and colleague consideration.

Pros

Decent wages and sick pay

Cons

Lack of training, poor systems

Good place if your ready to graft

Can double your wages if your ready to graft for it. Always busy and overtime available, callout very worthwhile. Service initiative really tops up wage if callout not for you

you get recognition and awarded either financially or gifts

British Gas (Centrica) is an excellent company to work for,you are always feel supported every one works as one team helping each others, they treat their staff fairly, and go the extra mile to give the best service to their customers.

Terrible company to work for

Managers who have never worked in energy telling experienced advisors what to do and mostly giving incorrect information. absolutely zero support youre just told to take calls and not trained well enough to deal with the systems. No one cares either, they dont care about their customers and if you spend extra time helping customers youre quizzed on it and told to get rid of calls like this.

Awful, treated engineers like a number

I left because they changed my contract to pay me less and expected more from me, which I had to accept or leave the company right in the middle of a pandemic. The management do not listen to staff and do not trust engineers, hence the introduction of ctap which caused alot of stress and mental health issues amoungst staff.

The worst place ive ever worked

This company is awful to work for. Ever changing senior management, consistent threat of redundancy, poor lack of humanity for staff. Awful. Felt so mentally drained for years.

was great at first but now its bad

worked there for 8 years, the salary started off great but over time with no wage increase it was not worth it, constant complaints and poor service was making the job a nightmare. it was so poor I was the last to leave, yes the manager my co workers all gone and replaced with new faces. managers not supportive of taking complaints and genrally the work atmosphere now is everyone is unhappy./

Pros

the only pro is shift pattern but that can be a con as they wont let you move

Cons

the job itself is terrible, constant complaints and poor systems

Busy, interesting and fun

Always things happening in such a busy market space. Great work life balance and bosses who innovate and empower. Plenty of lateral and horizontal job mobility within the company also.

Great people, poor company

The people at your peer level become family but the culture is poison.The money is good and there are opportunities, but they come through interview and who you know not hard work

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Sole destroying

Needlessly complicated, stressful and would not recommend to anyone

Really awful place to work, management is nightmares and completely toxic, the divide between management and those below is ridiculous, and you get the feeling they look down on you. The job itself is difficult, and often I felt like a councillor, it was difficult, and talking to vulnerable people while being told off about KPI's was horrid.

Every day was stressful

The company is the worst place i have ever worked for they have no consideration for there employees safty as long as the job gets done it's all about how much money they can make for their shareholders and the hours are ridiculous they don't seem to be bothered that you have a family life and don't care

Pros

No pros at all

Cons

Would not recomend them to anyone

Poor managementGood benefits and salaryFast pacedHigh call volume

Customer service role expect to answer a lot of calls, job is fairly simple. The managers/ team leaders are terrible, only a couple good ones who actually help. Most of them need to get off their high horse and do what they’re paid to do. Overall centrica do offer a lot of benefits and a decent salary to match with it. No job progression in centrica

Pros

Benefits Work from home

Cons

Management Call volume

Testing but rewarding

Overall an excellent place to work. Personally I breve there is a good relationship between the various trades within the company making it a pleasure to work there.

Pros

Salary

No job satisfaction

Not very well organised.Lack of coordination.Not being able to complete a task because of the lack of materials.Lack of information for task's to be carried out.Lack of forward planing.Job had some satisfying moments.

Pros

Lots of over time.

Cons

Bad rates of pay

Decent job, but bad leadership

Only job i've ever had where the team leaders are useless and absolutely clueless about company procedures and giving advice when dealing with customers. Definitely a motto in centrica "its not what you know, but who you know" in order to get somewhere. lack of care for new starters and tl's only care about their stats.

Great Work Life and family life

Centrica has really shown that hey care for its staff, making sure they are flexible to looking at its staff personal commitments. Have to say they approach to taking care of its staff metal health is also so good.

continuous changing work environment not helped by regular layoffs

No training provided whatever.We are reliant on an IT dept to support us. They do not respond to our requests and no action is taken.Morale is rock bottom as our capacity to meet customers' demands has been wrecked by the engineer strike.High workload performing analyses on poor company performance with little ability to act on the findings.

Pros

Meeting customers face to face.

Cons

High workload. Unsympathetic insincere management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centrica. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Centrica with

• Centrica
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?