CER Education Recruitment

CER Education Recruitment Employee Reviews

Efficient and slick recruitment. Minimise red tape. Good communication. Online portal makes timesheets easy. Paid weekly. Worked in Southport,. Would work for them again.
I worked for CER for about 4 or 5 months as a cover assistant and a teaching assistant in both primary and secondary schools across Leeds, Wakefield and Ossett.CER were very professional and dealt with great care and attention to support me through the process of re entering the job market after a few years out. I have now been offered a permanent position at one of the schools I was placed at through CER. Fantastic recruitment team and I am grateful for the opportunity I was given to show what I could do. Thanks for everything.
Pros
Varied experiences, regular work offered, great support from CER staff team
Cons
Only get paid the hours you work
CER found me a placement straightaway as an admin assistant within a school. They have since found me a temp to perm position as a PA within a school which meets all the criteria I was looking for within a role. I have always found them to be very professional and helpful. CER kept in regular touch while I was on a placement and and kept me notified of other upcoming roles that I might be interested in.
Pros
helpful, keeping in touch
Very pleased with CER from the start. The schools I have been placed with have suited my skills and experience and I have always had my needs and concerns attended to by the staff dealing with my placements.
I have found this company to be very committed to doing the best for its employees and are great at keeping a line of communication between the school them and me
Pros
Communicating to employees
Cons
None thatvi have experienced
This is my second year with CER and I have found the recruiter to be the most helpful, supportive and flexible person to work with. I am a retired teacher and only wanted hourly paid part-time employment and I have had more than enough work offered to me in my specialist field.
This is one of the best agencies I have worked for, consultants are really helpful they try their best to help you to any level and ensure that when you start work it fits around your routine. Very quick with the interview process also starting work literally straight after.
Pros
Long contracts
Cons
Term pay only
In the short period of time i have worked with CER i have found all their staff very attentive and active in securing employment for me.I have found their staff incredible friendly especially as I am new the concept of agency employment. The workplace culture is not a situation CER can control but on the whole I have some very positive working environment.Thanks Guys your time and efforts are very much appreciated.LT.
Pros
good communication
Cons
life is a journey so lets embrace our challenges.
I am a primary school teacher and I initially signed up with 3 agencies in Sheffield. I am now just working for CER. The team is very professional and helpful. They are led by an outstanding Managing Consultant, who is efficient, understanding and has helped me to find suitable work in both long and short term assignments. CER has helped me to maintain a really good work life balance and to regain a love for teaching again.
Pros
A great Primary team led by an outstanding Primary Managing Consultant
Cons
I really enjoy it .All the staffs r friendly . helpful understanding .never have a problem .they also listen to u .respond quickly .great people to work with and being apart of them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CER Education Recruitment?
The consultant staff and management team are amazing. The HR staff are always available and prompt to respond to your calls/queries. Until I got settled into a long term role, I had regular work and was always paid on time. I have no problem recommending this workplace to any that apply.
Pros
Flexible working hours, friendly work environment
CER have consistently got me good job posts and listen to what I require. They are supportive and give good feedback. In addition, they worked persistently hard to process all my qualifications and checks.
Pros
Listening and Response skills good
Cons
Only posts in Hampshire
Doing supply with the agency really helped me with money and seeing different schools to the point that I am now employed by a school where I have done placements at. Getting paid weekly was amazing to go to. Some of the schools you get sent to are amazing, some are awful, but they put a note on the system so you don’t get sent there again. Darlington branch really good at making sure they don’t send me too far for when I need to be back. Only downside is getting up and waiting for a call if you aren’t booked into a school for a few weeks.
Pros
Money
Cons
Waiting for a call to not get one.
CER sent me into numerous schools, always calling with ample time to reach the school that day. My consultant regularly checked up on her teachers including throughout lockdown over the summer term of 2020. Where possible and appropriate they offered guaranteed pay contracts which was a welcome safety net in this business. I would have happily continued to work for them had I not moved.
Pros
Flexability
I've had a great relationship with the team at CER, primarily Jasmin who has looked after me from the start. She has always checked up on me to ensure I am happy in my placement, and has created great opportunities and pushed me to be my best. She has secured me a job in a great school which could potentially lead to other roles. I am forever grateful and I know the support will continue whilst I am working in this long term position through CER. Thank you CER for being the best. :) x
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not secure income but that is the nature of supply, not just CER.
Supply teaching is for people who want independence, flexibility and variety. CER provides good choice of short term/ long term contracts. Supportive company. Many consultants were teachers. Treated like a professional.
Pros
Supportive, flexible on pay depending on contract, positive, knowledgeable about education
Cons
Have to budget for school holidays as pay is term time only but you get holiday pay in your income
I would avoid at all cost. There are much better education recruitment agencies to work for in the North East. The negativity starts at the top with the MD, no respect whatsoever for staff. MD belittles people which makes others feel very uncomfortable. Their response to Covid-19: only Education recruitment company in the NE to make employees redundant and not furlough them. Total disrespect for employees unless you are making ÂŁ1000s.
A typical recruitment environment, where a fun work/life balance was necessary. A true meritocracy, where a typical 9-5 culture was prevalent. Ideal for gaining experience.
I was offered a job nearly 16 weeks a go and I am still waiting to start. I am already willing to hand in my notice and begin looking for jobs else where. Obviously they have not tried to solve this issue.
i would really recommend working for CER as they do make sure you get the best possible hours and salary they can get for you. The con is that they can cut your job short at any point due to funding
Difficult to write a review when the contact with other office staff is just for 'cover' purposes . However, they staff are always very polite and friendly. A very nice touch is some of the training that has been made available for new staff - also gives us a chance to meet with each other too so that if we run into each other at school, at least there is a familiar face!