Cera Care logo
Happiness score is 77 out of 100Above average

Cera Care Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Expecting better…

The job itself to visit different clients and feel like you’re making a difference is highly rewarding and enjoyable, and I love being a carer. Unfortunately, I just don’t like being a carer for this particular company. On a typical day you’ll be given too many visits with little to no travel time, with management telling you there’s nothing to be done about it. Lack of organisation and communication between staff members which leads to many problems and several people getting stressed which causes an impact on their quality of work. I feel this company can do a lot better when it comes to their priorities, we’re a care company, but who cares for the carers?

Pros

Salary is ok, extra on bank holidays. Lovely people to visit, you feel rewarded. Every day is different

Cons

Office constantly ringing to ask for overtime, little to no travel time, paid for each visit - not an hourly rate. Stressful days especially if someone goes off sick, your schedule gets completely messed up

7 June 2021
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We would be really grateful for the chance to to discuss your experience in more detail with a view to making improvements wherever necessary. if you would be happy to do so, please contact comms@ceracare.co.uk.Thank you.

friendly team to work with .

Cera care are very caring company to work for , looking after staff and clients needs. very happy environment , good retention of staff , open door policy by the management .

Pros

flexible working, excellent support from higher management, Good team culture.

Flexible, Compassionate and Professional

Joined the Kings Lynn branch as a domiciliary carer in Novemeber last year. All staff, managers and other carers are super friendly and approachable. They work my hours around my family life, so I can do as little or as much work as I need (as long as you're available available work at least alternate weekends.) They offer plenty of support for any work related issues and are compassionate and easy to talk to. The rates of pay are very good for the industry. Overall, lovely, friendly and professional company to work for.

Pros

Paid milage, friendly collegues, good pay

Cons

Can be some long days

Great company to work for

i have worked for cera care for over 12 months and they have been great. Always supportive and trying to improve how care is managed. Great new tech to help support care

Pros

great new ideas

Cons

long hours but this is care

Team work is excellent

Stoke and Staffordshire branch are the friendliest branch you will ever walk in, even when the branch is busy they look up and acknowledge you. The professional carers all the way up to management team are very approachable. We have appraisals and supervisions these make us feel valued. Anyone wanting to progress within the company cera care is for you.

Pros

Great team

Happy Working Environment

I am happy working at Cera Care, my job is to ensure that all clients receive a visit from a care worker, solving problems, this can be stressful at times but rewarding when i achieve an outcome. I have gained knowledge on the different changes that have been implemented whilst being with Cera Care. i receive job satisfaction knowing the clients are happy as our main aim to allow them to remain at home with the care we provide. I find the office staff very helpful and we all work well as part of a team. the rewards that the care staff receive are good as this boosts their ego and makes them feel valued.I would recommend Cera Care as a good company to work for.

Pros

Job Satisfaction, Rewards

Cons

Stressful on Occasions

our work place

working at cera care can be challenging , competitive , rewarding , frustrating , but overall enjoyable . i have worked at cera care for a good few years and while the job is challenging , and sometimes difficult , having to balance the needs of service users and carers , to be able to pair people with carers who are likely to click with each other , by juggling holidays and things that arise from people just being people . but i enjoy my job i love being part of a caring team who work together for the needs of our service users , it is a rewarding self satisfying job knowing at the end of the day , you're best has been done to do all in you're power to keep service users in their home to continue with their lives safely and happily .

Pros

Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons

Challenging at times

Cera Care is a Great Company!

I enjoy working for Cera Care as you do get looked after and it makes you feel valued as an employee. I have gained knowledge especially around digital transitions that have been made through the company which you receive full training on. our main goal is to ensure our service users receive the best care possible to allow them to remain at home. we all work well as part of a team as well as independently and if ever there is a problem we all work together to ensure it is resolved as quickly as possible. the on-call is shared amongst the office staff each week to ensure it is fair system.I would recommend working for this company :)

Pros

Job Satisfaction, Feeling Valued, Teamwork

Cera Care always the best to choose

Dealing with problems and staff which can be stressful on both accounts,whilst trying to maintain a good level of dignity and sense of humour. My job is to promote Cera Care in all areas if it be care or employment making everyones life a little bit easier. Delivering quality of care at all time and keeping the staff happy and feeling that they are valued at all times. I enjoy my job and always up for a challenge and always find a solution for a problem.

Pros

Meeting new people and sharing views

Cons

Can be stressful but also rewarding

Brilliant!!

The office run an open door policy even through covid (with new restrictions) this makes you feel so welcomed and valued the management team always make time for you no matter how busy they are they will stop what they are doing pop the kettle on, listen and make time for you. Best part of the job is meeting so many different people and no day is the same. The teamwork in and out of the office is wonderful!!! Excellent pay and get the hours I want around my availability

Pros

Friendly service users. Not forgetting how wonderful the Branch manager is!!

Jobs at Cera Care

See more jobs

Lovely atmosphere

I love working for Cera care. The management are fantastic and helpful and very approachable. The company are very reliable and have good communication with the care staff in the community always making you feel like part of the team.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Lots of driving

Never told me when I went for interview that I would have to go to different areas . I enjoy doing the care but when you take into account the amount of miles you cover in a week you don't have much left by the time you buy your fuel I was promised I would be kept in an area near my home but this did not happen. I got told it was needs of the company .I had to drive a lot of miles before I started work When I tried to explain to office about my situation they did not seemed interested and was not very nice yet at the start I thought yes they seem fine and care about the carers oh how wrong I was the coordinator appears fine but time will tell . If you want to see the country side it's fine if not better to look elsewhere

Pros

Coordinator and service users

Cons

. low wages. Lot of miles some office staff not very understanding

25 May 2021
Hi,We value all employees at Cera and aim to build teams with longevity in mind, so we are sorry to hear about your experience. We would very much like to discuss your experience in further detail and get to the bottom of any issues that need to be addressed. Please do contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, who will be happy to hear your feedback. Thank you.

Challenging yet rewarding career.

If I am being truthful, the job is very stressful and challenging, yet extremely rewarding. To be able to help the vulnerable and elderly each day, along with their families, brings me such great pleasure. My manager is lovely, I think she has a great managerial attitude, which gives us all great freedom, yet she will always ensure our work is completed to an exceptional level. To be honest, if it wasn't for my office staff and branch manager, I don't think I would continue to work at Cera Care. Unfortunately they have promised us a bonus, making us work even harder to reach targets during an already demanding and pressured time in a pandemic, yet once we have reached these targets, our bonus has been taken away from us. Additionally Cera Care have wanted to prioritise their technical side, giving our staff new work phones, with a new app (the app is amazing for both us in the office and for families of the service users), however the actual phones the care workers use for work, seem to be quite bleak at times, with many issues arising. This consequently makes our jobs harder.I don't think we get paid a fair salary for the stress of our jobs, it is very demanding and we do have to do a week on call once a month too, which is very consuming. I guess we struggle with this a lot more, as with our previous company, our on call wage was a lot higher, and then once we transferred to Cera Care, this seemed to be another thing that got taken away from us.

Pros

Management, office staff, flexibility

Cons

On call, salary, stress

25 May 2021
Hi,Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would be grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk. Thank you.

Great caring company

Great company to work for, communication is really good and they know how to look after staff and service users , really good detailed training and cera app is really informative and easy to use

Pros

Work mobile, open office, friendly staff

Great company to work for

I would recommend Cera Care to anyone wishing to work in care. I feel that I am supported and valued. I have great colleagues to work with and I know I can always speak to my manager if I have any worries or concerns.

Pros

You get to meet some amazing service users, Great team to work with, I'ts also nice to be provided with a work phone, as the previous care company I worked for didn't provide these.

Cons

On call duties can be stressful

Fantastic company on a mission, they take care of staff

Care company that actually cares!! I feel well looked after day to day, and there's a clear focus on protecting and supporting our users. The tech takes away a lot of admin, which frees us time to focus on users

Pros

Variety, close team, opportunities for additional training

Cons

Could do with clearer line to management

yorkshire south and west branch

I have worked for cera care formerly mears for over 8 years i have gained so much knowledge around care the company has been up grading my knowledge and confidence throughout my time here i have been supported through difficult personal emotions by the office team throughout we work as a big family and anyone joining would be welcomed with open arms

Pros

Team work

Workplace and colleagues

I have been working in the Care Sector since 2017. I have a very supportive manager and work with a Great bunch of colleagues. No two days are the same. We all work together as a Team ensuring the Service Users get the best care and support. We are like family to some service users.

Pros

Free Uniform, Work Phone, Access to Life Works.

Professional and like working in one big family.

I started with Mears then moved over to Cera care.Since working for Cera there has been big changes for the better. A better system to record daily logs and has moved with the times.I work with a great bunch of people and they all feel like a big family. If there is a problem i no who i can go to for support and advice.Uniform is smart, work phone provide.Chance of offer to do NVQ i have completed both mine through the company.If you are looking to start a career in care then Cera care is a great company to work for.

Pros

Smart uniform, work phone, bonus, Nvq

Best place I have ever Worked!!!

I absolutely love my job! I have worked here 7 years now and I could never imagine working anywhere else.Everybody is so supportive and approachable. The office are very friendly and understanding of family commitments. They really care about their staff and service users.We are a great team. All of us, management/office and care workers.Highly recommend joining the team :)

Supportive and Caring

This year I have worked for the Stowmarket branch for 17 years. I love my job because everyday is different.I have been given the support needed to work my way up from being a Care Worker to a Care Coordinator.In the Stowmarket branch all work colleagues are very supportive and there is always someone on the end of the phone. The branch offers an open door policy, we welcome all staff and always make time for them.I love working in domiciliary care it is so nice meeting so many different people in their own homes and listening to their stories.I would highly recommend working in care, seeing the difference you can make to peoples lives is so rewarding.I also have found that Cera Care really do appreciate their workers and value their employees.

Pros

Supportive, welcoming, encouraging, well-lead

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cera Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement