Cera Care

Cera Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cera Care selected this as a representative review
No two days are ever the same, quick pace, you will need to work well in a team and by yourself. Work colleagues are supportive and always at the end of the phone. The office run an open door policy even through covid (with new restrictions) this makes you feel so welcomed and valued the management team always make time for you no matter how busy they are they will stop what they are doing pop the kettle on, listen and make time for you. Best part of the job is meeting so many people and helping them remain at home with a little help. Excellent pay and get the hours I want around my availability
Pros
supportive team & good pay
Cons
some days can be long
Not enough staff , those who work full time are frequently on a 15 hour day, with short breaks. It often feels like you are just call fodder, every holiday you request is denied, there is a culture of favouritism When I got Covid as a result of being exposed in my role and was quite ill, there was no concern about my health, in fact I was abruptly talked too about ringing in when I got a positive result and none even bothered to check I was okay until they wanted me to work again They say they care, but they really don’t about you
Pros
You meet some lovely people
Cons
Long hours, office / coordinators / managers do not care about you
20 April 2021
Hello,It is extremely important to us at Cera that all all staff are treated with respect, care, and enjoy a supportive environment at work. We appreciate that our dedicated carers are at the heart of everything we do at Cera, and are extremely saddened to read about your experience. We would very much like to discuss your experience in further detail to investigate the issues you have raised. If you are happy to do so, please contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, who will be happy to hear your feedback. Thank you.
Don't take a job with this lot come across as being nice but they are not the first time you say you are unable to help you will see their attitude change your fine if you say yes all the time they will push you to your limit without even a thought for your wellbeing plenty better places to work
Pros
Service users
Cons
Poor pay, no life, long hours
6 April 2021
Hi, We do our best to foster a collaborative approach at Cera and to build a network of support around each individual. We are saddened to read that you did not experience this, and we would like to discuss the issues you faced further, with a view to improving teamwork throughout the company, wherever is needed. Please do contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, if you would be happy to provide further feedback. Thank you.
The managers are amazjng and supportive, theirs always an opportunity for more hours. Its good pay and a great job to do. Everyones always friendly and easy to get on with.
I only recently started working for Cera. It is my first experience working in the care sector and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to make a difference. We make it possible for our clients to maintain independence and dignity in their own homes. Without our daily service visits most of them would have to go into care
Pros
Pay about national average
Cons
A typical days work at Cera is very rewarding speaking with lots of different people from different backgrounds and you build up great relationships with the people you care for. The job has taught me so much how to be a lot more understanding of different circumstances and that hard work gets you far. Management are always on hand if you have any questions or need help or support. The workplace culture you are typically working independently which is why you are supported so well from management. I wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as the benefits out weigh early mornings as the people you visit are so happy to see you it makes the job feel super rewarding! I would not hesitate in recommending working for CERA at Nottingham as they are a brilliant employer.
Pros
Great Pay, Flexible hours
Cons
nothing.
Amazing job to have!! very rewarding and great progression!! staff and management are very supportive and helpful. great communication throughout the company, would highly recommend.
Disorganised negative environment. Your fed repeated lies from the incompetent office staff and the managment is laughable. They take no responsibility and blame those beneath them. God forbid you should be signed off sick. Expect to be spoken to like dirt and bullied until you return. Your rota is changed non stop with no communication even during a shift. Care is a brilliant industry but just do it somewhere thats decent.
Pros
Cons
Managment
23 February 2021
Hi,We appreciate that our dedicated carers are at the heart of everything we do at Cera, and are extremely saddened to read about your experience. We're committed to providing compassionate and exceptional care for our service users, and a supportive workplace for our carers. We would be grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk. Thank you.
Overall my experience of working at CeraCare was poor, the care sector is in need of extra support. The pay is low and you feel as if the management are always on your back to cover shifts. (no thanks, or appreciation).Within this branch the staff office are very rude, unapproachable and couldn't care about you as an individual.
Pros
Pride in looking after the service users
Cons
Poor Management, Low Pay, Unappreciated, Harassed
23 February 2021
Working for this company is a hot mess, no one cares about the workers some days you are ram packed with calls and some days you barely have any, personal matters are not cared for if you call in sick or call to say you're car broke down they will instantly act like you're lying and make you feel guilty there is no thought given to the rotas management is absolutely useless, working for this company has left me with severe anxiety and depression, most of the staff stick around for the sake of the lovely service users but unfortunately I can't recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Service users
24 February 2021
Hi,Thank you for your feedback, we are really concerned to hear how you feeling. It is important to us that everyone in the Cera family works in a supportive environment and so we would really like to speak to you about your experiences. If you are willing to do so, please can you contact us via comms@ceracare.co.uk to investigate the issues you have raised .
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cera Care?
Management at the Nottingham facility are awful. I complete my training which they hadn’t even set up for as they didn’t know we were attending. Once having a job there I completed 1 shadowing shift due to the lack of communication for hours from the company. I was also left stranded out of my location area at a bus stop for 2.5 hrs after them telling me they’d book me a taxi home as it was a job out of my area. I had emailed them, texted them and even phoned them. When I phoned them I was told that they would get back to me which never happened. When I then phoned up after not receiving a call back it was all lies spilling out of the management’s mouth about the situation. 2 and a half months down the line I haven’t been paid for the shift that I have completed even after being told I would be back in December and January. An absolutely awful place to work. I wouldn’t bother working there as they are absolutely awful and left me in a sticky situation as a young adult with my own rented property and I was hardly able to make ends meet with hours, work and time I have wasted at this company and not being paid for the hours when I could of been doing something better to have a enjoyable life style and better pay.
Pros
Absolutely NOTHING
Cons
Management are AWFUL
3 February 2021
Hi there, We do our best to foster a collaborative approach and to build a network of support around each individual. We are saddened to read about your experience. Just to reassure you on the quality of our recruitment process, our recruitment and training process has received industry recognition, including the request to supply the technology we use to the Department of Health and Social Care for their Every Day is Different campaign in 2020.We would be really grateful for the chance to speak further to ensure that all future carers feel valued, well trained and part of a supportive team. If you would be happy to do so, please contact comms@ceracare.co.uk to allow us to investigate the points you have raised.
I joined Cera in 2020 during lockdown and found that Cera stood out from other companies by a mile. My first impression was that this is a team of incredibly hard working people who really believe in the work they are doing. Months later this hasn't changed a bit! We're encouraged to think differently, to approach challenges creatively and leadership actively encourage ideas. I would recommend working at Cera.
Pros
A meaningful career. Great People!
I started at Cera in October and despite working remotely for the whole time I've been here (so far), I've felt very welcomed into the team and feel like we are a strong department, managed very well. The atmosphere is very inclusive and I'm looking forward to when we can all return to the office to experience the company culture in full! From the beginning, I've been given interesting, varied work, and have been trusted to contribute creative ideas and think independently. There seems to be opportunity for career development, and managers are fully supportive of their teams learning and progressing. Cera's mission is inspiring and it is obvious that everyone in the company, from leadership down, genuinely cares about improving the care industry and making a difference to people's lives.I've loved my experience here so far, a great company to work for!
If your face fits then there on to a winner. If not then be warned. Office staff will share your private information to others, lack of empathy for others.
3 February 2021
Hi,We value all employees at Cera and aim to build teams with longevity in mind, so we are sorry to hear that this may not have been conveyed during your time in the company. Thank you for bringing your points to our attention. We would be grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk. Thank you.
Very supportive staff 24/7 out of hours brilliant management understanding. Listen to concerns and problems good keep you up to date with training. Work as a big part of family only down side is there will add extra service user on you without permission hours are very long but can be long days and short days.
Pros
Support there when needed
Cons
I only worked for Ceracare for a short while however they were the worst company to work For. I received one days training which I felt was inadequate for the role I would be carrying out. They badgered me to do the online e-learning every day even though I had other commitments to work around. Also For my practical training I was informed I would have to travel quite far at the last minute, I wasnt reimbursed for any petrol costs I incurred.They are so unorganised that I didn’t receive a rota in advance and phoned me an hour before I had to be at a clients house, when I spoke to management regarding this I was fobbed off several times and they had a real attitude about it!. Also they paid me late and again when I chased management they didn’t care funny for a care company. Do not work for this company!
7 January 2021
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you did not enjoy our recruitment process. We take all feedback onboard and will provide your comments to our recruitment team.Just to reassure you on the quality of our recruitment process, our recruitment and training process has received industry recognition, including the request to supply the technology we use to the Department of Health and Social Care for their Every Day is Different campaign in 2020. We would be really grateful for the chance to speak further to ensure that all future carers feel valued, well trained and part of a strong team. If you would be happy to do so, please contact comms@ceracare.co.uk to allow us to investigate the points you have raised.
Having decided to give care work a go i found that I have really enjoyed my time with my service users unfortunately as a company there is no appreciation for staff in any way especially at this difficult time. Days can be rammed full with calls so you end up with hardly time for a meal through the day starting early and finishing later and later. Pestered on any time off you get to cover constantly then when you end up ill due to working so much your made to feel guilty. You don't get paid for extra time needed in a service users home due to waiting on ambulance ect even though they say you will be. Office staff are ok until the time you can't cover then they have an attitude towards you would never reccomend this company to anyone .
Pros
Service users
Cons
Office staff, ridiculous work loads, pay, lack of appreciation
23 December 2020
Hi, We are very sorry to hear of your experience. It is extremely important to us at Cera that all all staff work in a supportive environment, especially during this difficult time.We would very much like to discuss your experience in further detail and get to the bottom of any issues that need to be addressed and resolved. Please do contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, who will be happy to hear your feedback. Thank you.
I felt from the moment I started with the company they messed me about as I was only on a zero hours contract. Once I passed all the necessary e-learning it was like they didn’t care anymore. I was told the training would be in Leeds however had to travel all the way from Beeston to Huddersfield and when I got there the training room wasn’t even ready. Also I only had one days training which I personally don’t think is sufficient for this kind of work. The woman who the agency paired me with whilst shadowing was lovely and showed me all the right things to fill in which had not been covered in the training. Whenever I have spoken to the office they didn’t even know who I was, they gave me a shadowing rota however I didn’t know what days I was doing the following week, they phoned me an hour before I was due to be at the clients house. I phoned the office to find out and they just fobbed me off saying they’d phone me back. When the manager finally phoned me back she was unapologetic for the way I had been messed about so I expressed how I felt how disorganised the company were and handed in my notice.I have not been paid for the hours I worked either and again the manager was unapologetic regarding this and failed to phone me back as promised.Overall the company is disorganised and the management are rude and unprofessional.
Pros
It would have been rewarding
Cons
Poor management, lack of organisation
23 December 2020
Hi,We value all of our employees, carers and office staff alike, and aim to build teams with longevity in mind, and are extremely saddened to read that you have not had a positive experience with us. We would be grateful for the chance to speak further so we can identify what areas we need to improve in to make sure that everyone feels a part of a strong team. Please do contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, if you would be happy to provide further feedback.Thank you.
I’m saddened to have to write this but after months of uncertainty, with colleagues losing their jobs and now I’m having to reapply for my job I have to speak up. Since being bought by Cera we keep getting lied to by the management team. I wouldn’t recommend joining this company as there is no career progression as they hire and fire before you get to two years service. Job certainty is not there and i feel sick going to work.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Poor communication, culture of fear, poor pay.
I have worked for Cera Care for a short while after moving over from my last company. The company are open and transparent and care about all their employees and do their best to thank you for a job well done. They realize the challenges faced not only in the industry but in the whole of the country at the moment. I feel happy to come to work and know I can pick up the phone should I need some support.
Pros
Flexibility and transparency
Cons
Covid
laindon branch (formerly known as Mears). Managment are rude, unappreciative and argumentative.Very unorganised shift patterns, all they care about is how many calls you can slave away for. They are not considerate nor are they supportive during personal issues. You almost feel uncomfortable in communicating with them. Very little work life balance and the hours become very unsocialable at times, a lot of travelling and sometimes you dont even get time for lunch. you end up working so much to reap so little. I would avoid this branch if you want peace of mind.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Awkward shift hours, poor pay + allowance, unsocialable
  1. Employee reviews