Cera Care
Happiness score is 58 out of 100

Cera Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom443 reviews

Positive Outlook Good Team Work

Making a difference to peoples lives providing care that is consistent, with a compassionate approach, going the extra mile to provide a good service

Pros

Everyday is different

Cons

Long Hours at times can be challenging

Stay bloody clear

I work for this company and the management aka care coordinators are absolutely c words they don’t care about staff they think because they are in a office they are better than everyone can’t be assed with them won’t be long till I leave

Insights into Cera Care

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Avoid

DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY cera care is the worst company I have worked for … the staff including one in particular are horrible and selfless …. If you need a day of due to emergency , illness or anything serious your laughed at and swore at told your a joke and the rest .. you basically have to choose between work or emergency and potentially get sacked for itThe pay also is a disgrace… so underpaid it’s unbelievable mileage also is a joke it’s not worth you time . For a start they can’t even pay you and when they do it’s less than half the hours you workConstant phone calls asking you to do more they run you off your feet Most full days without a break , sent all over the place They phone you at 6am asking for cover Oh I could go on all day Please avoid this company at all costs

Rubbish company

If i could give 0 stars i would. They dont even deserve 1 star. Management are lazy, selfish and disorganised they will ring you 20 times a day asking you to pick more work up (that was their calls originally) even on youre day off. Over worked and underpaid carers, i would work 15 hour days and i wouldn't see that in my wages. I was promised when i started that i would only be working in one place at a time, well thats a lie i was always going to different towns for different calls its beyond a joke of a company they take advantage of the carers who driveEven the staff here arent very nice. Always competitive and blaming something on someone else. Management dont listen when you raise an issue. All round not worth the stress of working for them so dont bother applyingPS: the bonus is a lie too, i never got it and neither did my friend.

Excellent place

Lovely place to work, very helpful and understanding, open door policy for all staff to speak to management. Manager is very caring and helpful, always looks after staff and clients with the same dignity and respect. Very appreciated in this department of work. Always helped when I needed more hours, which fitted around my home life. Good communication from all staff and management.

Pros

Extra hours when needed

Great company

I have worked for ceracare in the Derbyshire area for around 14 months. I feel i am supported in my job role by the office team. Good mix of home and work life balance, Office don't expect you to do all the hours. It's flexible working. Service users are well looked after. Pay rate is good, get paid 25p towards fuel per mile aswell. Full training provided before you start.

Pros

Friendly, good pay rate, 25p per mile

Great management and very supportive

I have worked for this company in the Derbyshire area for around 4 years. Management good, as a carer I feel supported by the office team. The hourly rate has just gone up, which is a bonus. We are now paid around the same as other care companies. It's like working as a big family.

They want your blood, dont care about you, or your home/ work life balance.

Managment only last a few months and move on, you are just a number to fill a shift. Awful company to work for, lack of support, no thought for your wellbeing, pay is rubbish, not appreciated at all.Beware ! Dont work for this company, they will drain you of all your self esteem and enthusiasm.

Led by an excellent Manager who cares about her team and our customers.

I've worked for Cera Derbyshire for one year, it was my first ever care position, and I love it. Although pay isn't great, the benefits of the job make up for it. A lovely, genuinely caring team led by an excellent Manager who is hands on and always has both her staff and the customers best interests at heart. Definitely a 'feel good' job.

Stressful overall terrible

A horrible company to work for couldn’t care less for the staff or the clients only after peoples money poor management and lack of communication between all staff can sometimes be rang in the middle of the night to see if you can work at 7am nothing good at all about this company.

Cons

Long hours no work life balance

Fast paced and unappreciated

Constant fluctuation of work with no paid travel time. High expectations of staff working without discussion and just expected to get e on with it. Little respect from management for their staff working on the ground.Pay doesn't reflect the level of responsibility, considering the charge to the customers, especially bank holidays and weekends.

Pros

No nights

Cons

No shift pay, only for the visits you do, no travel time or pay for while you're traveling

Best company I have worked with so far.

Amazing support from branch manager all the way to regional directors. Great team atmosphere within the office and also carers. They push you to succeed and provide with everything you need. Great carer retention and always offer them opportunities. Most importantly great quality of care and strict on following CQC guidelines.

Lovely company to work for

Cera care is a lovely company to work for, work around children and family life, on site training so no experience required. Paid towards mileage. Great, friendly staff. Work phone provided for rotas and logging how the clients are and what has been done during the calls. The management team work around you as much as possible if they have notice.

Caring and productive

I have been with Cera care for about 6weeks and I wouldn’t have any other company now as they are so friendly and easy to talk too. I have never done professional care but have looked after family members over the years and now I can truly say I absolutely love what I do and the company I work for

Hard Work but very rewarding!

Every day is a new day with helping those in need and ensuring that they have the best possible care delivered. I enjoy helping those who require support not just the service users, care staff also.

Pros

Great Team of Office staff, Care Workers and service users, mileage paid

Rewarding

Enjoy working in care. My first experience and I don’t think I will do anything else now. Fast paced but rewarding. Lots of different need and levels of care required. Never 2 days the same.

Rewarding job

Overall great place to work management are always on the other end of the phone and welcoming at the offices. Good bunch of service users on our runs always so greatful for our support. Only negative is 0 hour contracts but management always make sure you have the hour every week.

Pros

Good communication

Cons

0 hour contracts

Great team to work for

I started working in this job role in 2022, I receive all the support from management to complete my job roll to the best of my ability. I have worked for this company for the last 5 years and find it extremely rewarding. If you are a caring person than this is the role for you!

Pros

pay rate and paid training

Fantastic Team work!

I have been working at Ceracare just over a year now as was previously run by someone else. I have been with the same company since 2017 and really enjoy working here. The teamwork is great and theres always hours available if you need to top up your income. The job is challenging however very rewarding!!

Pros

Added bonus's, Carer of the month, Team meetings monthly, Always extra hours if needed, Flexible around my childcare.

Cons

Can sometimes be long hours however this is part of the job.

Cera Vie!

Cera is great to work for! Management is very approachable and accommodating to your specific needs if required.There is a good work-life balance as a carer.There are great opportunities to enhance your skills or develop your career within this sector. Training is provided to give you the basic skills to carry out your job requirements. Pay is good, it’s certainly above minimum wage, but in my opinion could be better.I have worked for various other home care companies in the past and this is genuinely the best I have worked with.

Fast paced job role but extremely rewarding

Community care is a fast paced environment and changes do happen all the time but this is to be expected when caring for individuals in their own homes. Staff shortages can make rota changes difficult and Central Government need to look at the overall salary for the sector. Great company to work for, salaries are competitive and managment team are approachable, understanding and there when you need them. We have a work family culture which enables us to be able to support each other in a time of need.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cera Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cera Care with

• Cera Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?