Cera Care

Cera Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom483 reviews

carershomecareurotausermedilinecarerlovelyrubbish

Toxic

Redundancies are always looming. No feeling of stability for your job. Poor communication from senior leaders. Favourites get promoted. Your voice isn’t heard when you make recommendations. Really disappointing for a care company.

Pros

Flexibility of working from home

Cons

No job security

Innovative & Supportive

New in post and the support from the team and central management has been amazing. Every day is a school day, staff development is key to our team success and the support you receive from each other is like no other place I have worked before. Everyone's focus in the team is to ensure we can be the best we can be at what we do and keep our clients safe by providing high quality support.Systems that allow front line staff to spend more time with clients while creating evidence of the outstanding work they do for our clients and alerting the office if clients need extra support to keep them safe at home and prevent hospital admissions where we can, by supporting them to get the right help at home.

Pros

Rewarding, Making a difference, Great support, Staff incentive schemes, Monthly rewards

Cons

Can be emotionally draining, because we care; Long hours;

Insights into Cera Care

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Came into a fast paced Registered managers post, hard work but very rewarding

Registered manager, lot of work had to be completed but have a great team.Support workers have worked so hard, office staff new and learning the job and keen to learn and support their teams.Higher management been great supportAllied is a growing business with lots of opportunities for promotion if you desire to move up the ladder.I am enjoying my post and it is a school day everyday.There are lots of different shift patterns for support workers to choose from.Walking routes are available as well as 24 hour packages.Communication and respect are very important in this job roles.It is so rewarding in all aspects when you see the difference you are making in peoples lives

Pros

Never a dull moment great team Allied Fraserburgh has become

Cons

Times can be busy

Staff are lovely to work along side

The staff are excellent, everyone works as a team. My job is very rewarding as long as I put the work in. Caring for people in their own homes, bringing comfort and support to people who need us.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Not a 9-5 job

Progressive, ever changing company I'm proud and excited to be part of!

I'm enjoying being part of a relatively new, progressive and fast growing company who genuinely care about their employees and service users. We have good foundations and support functions in place to further enhance the service our branches deliver. It is a fast paced job and changes from day to day which I enjoy the challenge of. The company really do work in line with their values and objectives and communication is very open in regards to the goals and objectives of the company. The different functions of the business work with each other. The are building the tech based upon what we do actually need in Operations and the UX Research team is effective in finding out what Operations need the tech and build teams to actually do. Our software does have the ability to minimise the 'day to day paperwork' that used to exist in Operations and it is changing the way in which we are able to deliver care to our service users. Our GROW reviews are effective in the sense that there are opportunities for progression and continual development within our roles - which adds to the fact that as an employee I feel valued. I'm proud to be part of the Cera Family and would recommend Cera to others. I also appreciate the ability to work remotely and hybrid when needed. It has really made a difference to me with work / life balance too!

Pros

Opportunity for development and progression, Smart Spending Employee Discount Scheme, Blue Light Cards, Birthday Leave, Supportive Leadership and Management Team, Excellent Support Functions, Work Life Balance - flexibility, Health Assured employee program. Feel valued.

Cons

Industry as a whole is not as competitive as other industries - this is NOT just Cera.

Productive and Fun place to work

We were bought over by Cera Care and have been made to feel part of the family. There is no issue they won't help resolve. I was new in my role and have been supported by every person I have come across.

Pros

Management Support

Cons

Work life balance

An amazing team to work for that's why I made it my career and not just a job.

I have been in the company for over fifteen years and worked my way up to branch manager 3 years and 6 months ago.I work with a totally dedicated team for which I am very honoured and proud to lead.The support we receive from all heads of departments is outstanding I can honestly say I have never felt alone or unsure of anything.I feel I belong to a company who listens and takes on board the views of the workers which in turn makes everyone feel valued.Training opportunities are outstanding and constant to assist with preparation for promotion or just to give full knowledge and understanding of the roles in which we work.I couldn't be happier and see myself here in the Cera care family for years to come.

Pros

A fantastic supportive team who all pull together as one.

Cons

Unpredictable working hours at times, Pay could be better.

Fast paced. Rewarding.

Working for Cera care has given me a lot of experience. The opportunity to progress. More than sufficient training. Cera are always looking to improve and welcome any feedback. Always feel supported.

Pros

Rewarding. Progression. Training

Cons

Work life balance.

Love who I work with

Amazing people to work with. Pay isn't good, especially with the cost of living at an all time high. Incredibly long hours and very very stressful. I don't think management realise how much goes into our job and how unfairly we're paid for it. The pay is the only thing I can fault. I work with a great bunch of people

Pros

Great team, lovely people.

Care giver

Great place to work. Always shifts available, friendly staff, lovely clients, regular training and much more! Office always approachable and understanding. Hardest part of this job is losing some of your clients!

Productive & funplace

Cera is a fast pace organisation where we all work as one team. everyone is super helpful and is keen to proactively resolve any issues. Workplace culture is enjoyable

Pros

hybrid working options

In my job role I am responsible for new clients and new staff, I have a lot of responsibilities and deadline but these are met and enable me to fulfill all my tasks. As an employer Mediline who are owned by Cera are brilliant, The registered manager at the Foston/Burton branch is amazing. My collegues go out of their way to help anyone that they can and support however they can.When I was a carer for Mediline I found the workload easy to manage and the staff and clients easy to get on with and enjoyed everyday, so much so that I evolved as a carer and progressed to Field Co-ordinator which is a role I love. The hardest part of the job is the emotional attachment that you inevitably form with the clients this is also the most enjoyable part of the job as you enjoy visiting them, caring for them and ensuring they are safe and cared for.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

long hours but this is manageable

Fast paced but rewarding

Home care is fast paced but rewarding, I'm no longing working for Cera Care but I enjoyed every minute I was working for them I would even go back, my company was taken over by another company so I didn't leave Cera Care, if you enjoy being a busy carer definitely go to Cera Care, I had a good family and work life balance, just wish us carers got paid what we're worth but that's across the board.

Pros

Rota

Cons

Pay

Fantastic team with very supportive management team

The team are great to work with and the manager and the management team are fantastic they are very approachable and supportive no matter how small or silly a question is they are happy to help

Pros

Flexible I need to work around my husband and this is not an issue

A very rewarding job!

I have worked for Cera for just over 12 months, I love my job it’s so rewarding. Office staff are extremely supportive and appreciate all you do. I love making a difference to our service users day. Yes there are times when extra cover is needed but never any pressure to take this on. We have a great team and work well together. Plenty of opportunities within the company to progress.

Pros

Flexible, rewarding

Cons

Mileage allowance low

Avoid Avoid Avoid

Company is a joke! No work life balance, Constantly getting calls asking you to cover shifts. Over worked. Mileage allowance doesn’t cover fuel cost, never kept in your area and constantly sent back and fourth between places.

Cons

Fast paced and fun environment

Cera is by far the best care provider I have worked for. They have fulfilled every promise made and have improved working benefits for my care team. Benefits include free eye care and a discount programme. Access to mental health support and carer reps. The branch team are fun to work with and go the extra mile to ensure the care team is well supported. I have been given lots of opportunities to grow and progress my career. I would highly recommend this employer.

Pros

Opportunity for progression

Cons

Can be long hours but you get out what you put in and I still retain a good home/work life balance.

Avoid

Worked for mediline burton for some time now and it’s shocking. Office staff come and go and never want to help the carers out. They slag the carers off behind there backs, constantly beg you to work outside of your availability, very rarely answer the on call phone or if you call in sick they then take you off for longer than what you need so you don’t get the hours just to be spiteful. They have you all over different places, calls times are a joke, no travel time, no consideration to service users and as long as it looks good on the computer screen it’s all they care about!

Okay at first

When I first started I was overwhelmed with work always extra. Not my hours have been cut and given to other people. Can’t afford to pay my bills and they refuse to give me any more hours.

Not very good

Management poor pay poor communication none Hours okay if u can get the same place . Will try not pay your starting bonus i got mine eventually holidays run from nov to nov no xmas bonus

Enjoyed my time here

Nice company to work for, thoroughly enjoyed my time there, would highly recommend. Never had any issues. Approachable management and reliable colleagues.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Can be occasional long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cera Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement