Cera Care

Cera Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cera Care selected this as a representative review
No two days are ever the same, quick pace, you will need to work well in a team and by yourself. Work colleagues are supportive and always at the end of the phone. The office run an open door policy even through covid (with new restrictions) this makes you feel so welcomed and valued the management team always make time for you no matter how busy they are they will stop what they are doing pop the kettle on, listen and make time for you. Best part of the job is meeting so many people and helping them remain at home with a little help. Excellent pay and get the hours I want around my availability
Pros
supportive team & good pay
Cons
some days can be long
If I am being truthful, the job is very stressful and challenging, yet extremely rewarding. To be able to help the vulnerable and elderly each day, along with their families, brings me such great pleasure. My manager is lovely, I think she has a great managerial attitude, which gives us all great freedom, yet she will always ensure our work is completed to an exceptional level. To be honest, if it wasn't for my office staff and branch manager, I don't think I would continue to work at Cera Care. Unfortunately they have promised us a bonus, making us work even harder to reach targets during an already demanding and pressured time in a pandemic, yet once we have reached these targets, our bonus has been taken away from us. Additionally Cera Care have wanted to prioritise their technical side, giving our staff new work phones, with a new app (the app is amazing for both us in the office and for families of the service users), however the actual phones the care workers use for work, seem to be quite bleak at times, with many issues arising. This consequently makes our jobs harder.I don't think we get paid a fair salary for the stress of our jobs, it is very demanding and we do have to do a week on call once a month too, which is very consuming. I guess we struggle with this a lot more, as with our previous company, our on call wage was a lot higher, and then once we transferred to Cera Care, this seemed to be another thing that got taken away from us.
Pros
Management, office staff, flexibility
Cons
On call, salary, stress
Great company to work for, communication is really good and they know how to look after staff and service users , really good detailed training and cera app is really informative and easy to use
Pros
Work mobile, open office, friendly staff
I would recommend Cera Care to anyone wishing to work in care. I feel that I am supported and valued. I have great colleagues to work with and I know I can always speak to my manager if I have any worries or concerns.
Pros
You get to meet some amazing service users, Great team to work with, I'ts also nice to be provided with a work phone, as the previous care company I worked for didn't provide these.
Cons
On call duties can be stressful
Care company that actually cares!! I feel well looked after day to day, and there's a clear focus on protecting and supporting our users. The tech takes away a lot of admin, which frees us time to focus on users
Pros
Variety, close team, opportunities for additional training
Cons
Could do with clearer line to management
I have worked for cera care formerly mears for over 8 years i have gained so much knowledge around care the company has been up grading my knowledge and confidence throughout my time here i have been supported through difficult personal emotions by the office team throughout we work as a big family and anyone joining would be welcomed with open arms
Pros
Team work
Cons
I have been working in the Care Sector since 2017. I have a very supportive manager and work with a Great bunch of colleagues. No two days are the same. We all work together as a Team ensuring the Service Users get the best care and support. We are like family to some service users.
Pros
Free Uniform, Work Phone, Access to Life Works.
I started with Mears then moved over to Cera care.Since working for Cera there has been big changes for the better. A better system to record daily logs and has moved with the times.I work with a great bunch of people and they all feel like a big family. If there is a problem i no who i can go to for support and advice.Uniform is smart, work phone provide.Chance of offer to do NVQ i have completed both mine through the company.If you are looking to start a career in care then Cera care is a great company to work for.
Pros
Smart uniform, work phone, bonus, Nvq
I absolutely love my job! I have worked here 7 years now and I could never imagine working anywhere else.Everybody is so supportive and approachable. The office are very friendly and understanding of family commitments. They really care about their staff and service users.We are a great team. All of us, management/office and care workers.Highly recommend joining the team :)
This year I have worked for the Stowmarket branch for 17 years. I love my job because everyday is different.I have been given the support needed to work my way up from being a Care Worker to a Care Coordinator.In the Stowmarket branch all work colleagues are very supportive and there is always someone on the end of the phone. The branch offers an open door policy, we welcome all staff and always make time for them.I love working in domiciliary care it is so nice meeting so many different people in their own homes and listening to their stories.I would highly recommend working in care, seeing the difference you can make to peoples lives is so rewarding.I also have found that Cera Care really do appreciate their workers and value their employees.
Pros
Supportive, welcoming, encouraging, well-lead
Great branch office people working there, but that hard work gets undone by head office and payroll. Been working there for about 3 weeks and no uniform has arrived. Also no ID card issued despite emails sent to head office. No reply back yet and I'm a month in nearly. This has to be the slowest and the most non responsive head office I've ever known in my working history.
Pros
Great branch manager that this company is lucky to have
Cons
Cant pay on time. Still no uniform or ID card. Slow and unresponsive head office
I have worked for them for a few years now it has its good days and bad days not much working life balance they are always on the phone wanting you out to cover its fine if you don't have a life outside the company but it's push push push all the time till you eventually say you will work the only time the deputy manager is reasonably nice is when they need a shift covered when you phone office for anything you are so happy if the co-ordinator picks phone up hate it when deputy manager picks it up .when you are on holiday they phone. the co-ordinator is lovely but the manager and deputy manager is not they need to speak to the carers and service users a bit better also if you are ill no confidentiality at all they let others know . you are out working to help for a few hours lucky if it covers your fuel .if you don't want a life work for them
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours not much pay no life talked to badly no confidential
Very lovely as you apply and train and then once you’re thrown into work, managers become rude and snappy, have no care for their staff. do not care about your safety or service users. Managers are lazy and No organisation with rotas or head up if they cancel or change your shifts and then blame you if it goes wrong.
Pros
Flexible (rare)
Cons
No heads up, no respect, very low pay, no communication.
6 May 2021
Hi, We appreciate that our dedicated carers are at the heart of everything we do at Cera, and are extremely saddened to read about your experience. We're committed to providing compassionate and exceptional care for our service users, and a safe and supportive workplace for our carers.We would be grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk.Thank you.
They come in with all these ideas without any real thought process or plans of putting them in place. They rush everything through without thinking through the implications on the services or staff. Procedures change without being communicated in fact I would go as far to say the communication in the company is non existant. Expected to promote their apps and no support or guidance when they don't work. Training on the Google system consisted of two hours and no proper training on team tailor just expected to be able to work a new 'streamlined' recruitment system(which was littered with issues). All about the numbers and bums on seats as that makes them look good. All the upper management care about is how they can make the most money at the cost and detriment of the service users, carers and branch staff. Redundancies throughout all the Scottish branches after promising nothing would change. Forcing terms and conditions on staff who are worried about their jobs which leave them financially worse off. Quite shocking when you think health and social care has only grown through the pandemic, even with the added pressure on staff from carers, seniors, care coordinators, administrators and registered managers. The carers, the operations teams and the branch staff are really fantastic but I wouldn't work for Cera care again even if I got the job in a lucky bag.
Pros
My colleagues just a shame about the company
Cons
I have a list as long as my arm
6 May 2021
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We would be really grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk. Thank you.
Not enough staff , those who work full time are frequently on a 15 hour day, with short breaks. It often feels like you are just call fodder, every holiday you request is denied, there is a culture of favouritism When I got Covid as a result of being exposed in my role and was quite ill, there was no concern about my health, in fact I was abruptly talked too about ringing in when I got a positive result and none even bothered to check I was okay until they wanted me to work again They say they care, but they really don’t about you
Pros
You meet some lovely people
Cons
Long hours, office / coordinators / managers do not care about you
20 April 2021
Hello,It is extremely important to us at Cera that all all staff are treated with respect, care, and enjoy a supportive environment at work. We appreciate that our dedicated carers are at the heart of everything we do at Cera, and are extremely saddened to read about your experience. We would very much like to discuss your experience in further detail to investigate the issues you have raised. If you are happy to do so, please contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, who will be happy to hear your feedback. Thank you.
Don't take a job with this lot come across as being nice but they are not the first time you say you are unable to help you will see their attitude change your fine if you say yes all the time they will push you to your limit without even a thought for your wellbeing plenty better places to work
Pros
Service users
Cons
Poor pay, no life, long hours
6 April 2021
Hi, We do our best to foster a collaborative approach at Cera and to build a network of support around each individual. We are saddened to read that you did not experience this, and we would like to discuss the issues you faced further, with a view to improving teamwork throughout the company, wherever is needed. Please do contact comms@ceracare.co.uk, if you would be happy to provide further feedback. Thank you.
The managers are amazjng and supportive, theirs always an opportunity for more hours. Its good pay and a great job to do. Everyones always friendly and easy to get on with.
I only recently started working for Cera. It is my first experience working in the care sector and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to make a difference. We make it possible for our clients to maintain independence and dignity in their own homes. Without our daily service visits most of them would have to go into care
Pros
Pay about national average
Cons
A typical days work at Cera is very rewarding speaking with lots of different people from different backgrounds and you build up great relationships with the people you care for. The job has taught me so much how to be a lot more understanding of different circumstances and that hard work gets you far. Management are always on hand if you have any questions or need help or support. The workplace culture you are typically working independently which is why you are supported so well from management. I wouldn't say there is a hard part to the job as the benefits out weigh early mornings as the people you visit are so happy to see you it makes the job feel super rewarding! I would not hesitate in recommending working for CERA at Nottingham as they are a brilliant employer.
Pros
Great Pay, Flexible hours
Cons
nothing.
Amazing job to have!! very rewarding and great progression!! staff and management are very supportive and helpful. great communication throughout the company, would highly recommend.
Disorganised negative environment. Your fed repeated lies from the incompetent office staff and the managment is laughable. They take no responsibility and blame those beneath them. God forbid you should be signed off sick. Expect to be spoken to like dirt and bullied until you return. Your rota is changed non stop with no communication even during a shift. Care is a brilliant industry but just do it somewhere thats decent.
Pros
Cons
Managment
23 February 2021
Hi,We appreciate that our dedicated carers are at the heart of everything we do at Cera, and are extremely saddened to read about your experience. We're committed to providing compassionate and exceptional care for our service users, and a supportive workplace for our carers. We would be grateful for the chance to speak further to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would be willing to do so, please can you contact comms@ceracare.co.uk. Thank you.
  1. Employee reviews