CeX
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

CeX Employee Reviews

United Kingdom181 reviews

staffworkingmanagementjobworkpaypeoplecex

Running round for minimum wage

Really stressful, customers are rude and stink most of the time only good thing is the stuff you’re selling matches your interests. Standard till work and making sure the shop is tidy, changing prices when the system tells you to, putting stock out making it look nice.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Overworked

Awesome!

Training given from day one, everyone is super helpful! Progression is made available and your own pace to ensure your confidence. 5* would recommend.

Insights into CeX

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging

Laid back workplace,

Job is far too chill to be considered a job, feels more like being paid to hang out with friends. Management are lacking and hardly know how to keep a tamagotchi alive let alone run a store

Pros

Discount

Cons

Wage

good place

GOOD place to work easy goinggood product knowledge needed can be fun at timescustomers can be an upside or down side depending which way you look at it

Mixed feelings

Interesting place to work, it's a messy place to be with some feral sightings.Management are greedy and crooked.Some staff are helpful and friendly but most are not. Customers are usually extremely rude.

Very casual, mostly easy work

Easy job to do when working tills, customers can be problematic sometimes but generally nothing too bad. Testing items being bought in to the store is far more work for the same pay though so I wouldn't recommend becoming a tester if offered.

Look elsewhere

What to expect;The absolute bare minimum of training.Zero tolerance of mistakes and plenty of patronising telling offs due to minimal training.Never knowing what time you'll be going home each day - overtime is mandatory and is required almost every day.Lots of aggressive customers falsely led to believe their purchases were covered by a two year warranty. To be on standby for one of your weekly days off and therefore be unable to plan anything. High staff absenteeism rates mean a 50/50 chance of having to work on your day off.What not to expect;A lunchbreak or opportunity to drink until it's nearly time to lock up.Sanitary staff areas - toilets not cleaned for months, canteen literally filled with bags of decomposing rubbish. To have anything good you do remotely acknowledged.

Pros

Great for weight loss.

Cons

Never knowing how many hours you'll be given each week.

Great place to work First job I've actually enjoyed I look forward to going to work.All the team at the shop are lovely and I get on with everyone If you get the opportunity I would 100% say go fornitb

The Bear Minimam

Some stores are franchise owned. Some store are owned by Cex. My store was franchised.Minimam wage, rota was alway late, rubbish pay for next level up even tho a lot more responsibilityTo sum up: If you want ANY job and like gaming, then fine. But if wanting more money and quality then no

Wouldnt bother

I got fired despite making 1 mistake. I had no hints or help on how to do better and mainly spent time doing other peoples jobs as they couldnt finish what they were doing (which i never got credit for). They fire you for stupid reasons. I did everything correct and quickly, never complained, made efforts to get to know my coworkers, put my head down to work and even took on extra tasks to help around the store. It's a shame cause I liked working there and was starting to get used it, and settled into the job more. Yet I was fired over reasons that were pathetic and didnt even make sense, I cant even explain the reasons as to why i was as i still do not understand what i did wrong. People got stressed there quickly and would snap at you, especially one of the managers who was there. Awful place to work, especially when you're doing really well and yet still get let off for absolutely no legitimate reason. Its pathetic and I'll always be angry about it cause I did everything right and still got fired. All the people who worked there when I did hated it and some were even happy for me when I got fired, despite that I actually enjoyed working there. Again, pathetic and a huge lack of communication/help on how to improve. Just dont bother.

Fun place to work

Working for CeX is mostly fun at times. you feel rewarded after succeeding and management is, more often than not, supportive. Frustrating when it gets busy sometimes due to the nature of the work but overall rewarding. Fellow employee's are mostly engaging and supportive.

Good job

I worked here for a short time, enjoyed the job and felt I was making progress but was let go for not working fast enough when I had barely finished my training and feel I was not given a chance.

Pros

Good hours for work life balance

Cons

Not given a chance to work to where you should be

Fun working environment, great staff

My role at CeX was simple, Greet customers, attend to their needs and advise where needed, the standard sales assistant role you can expect.The work environment was enjoyable, the staff were friendly and fun, all of which I keep in touch with years later.

Pros

Great staff, Enjoyable working shift

Cons

Minimum wage

average

no progressionstandard retail environmentno benefits apart from staff discount poor managementaverage day would include sorting or trading in stock, making sure stock room was clean and tidy and till work

It’s alright

If your in the right store it’s a good laugh, but can be stressful if someone brings in a lot of old tech, it will boost your knowledge of tech a great amount, does smell bad tho, it will boost your confidence talking to all kinds of customers

Efficient work place but staff are chill

The work place runs really well as long as you follow general procedure and the staff are really chill. If you make a mistake however, it's often left for weeks before they bring it up with you which means you often keep making the mistake. Not great.

Fairly laid back place to work

Laid back place to work that only got really busy on the holidays. Pay is quite low but its alright or somebody who is just getting started out in the work world

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Low pay

Don't bother

Work colleagues can be cool but customers can be a entitled nightmare. You gotta have a strong game face to deal with poor people trying to sell their junk in.

not worth the stress

demanding manager, rude and uncoordinated communications between managers, supervisors and employees.Tasks given were timed but were impossible to complete in the time frame due to the lack of work as a team, meaning one person does all whilst others chat amongst each other.

Pros

no dress code

Cons

Lack of communication

fun place as first job

quite a nice place, you get to pick the music and the staff is friendly, management ain't that great; trying to minimalize every business cost.you also get the advantage of the 15% employee discount

Fun but badly paid

Bad pay considering the area and pace of the job. The manager was always kind and accommodating to everyone's needs. Prior knowledge of tech is extremely desirable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CeX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare CeX with

• CeX
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?