CH&Co logo
CH&Co

CH&Co Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Good company

Good company, good management, Great communication. Good salary and great opportunity to grow if you choose to do it. Supportive management and good environment.

To be avoided

All Hospitality companies have a had a difficult time due to COVID, Ch&co must have been one of the first to demand staff take four weeks unpaid leave. They went through 2 painful redundancies of support staff which has left the few remaining as disengaged, heavy workloads with unrealistic profits and no job security.

Pros

The team spirit with colleagues

Cons

Unachievable work loads, staff have been reduced too low and it’s all about volume and bottom line profit

Avoid

Worst company I ever worked for. The managements are under qualified, rude, unprofessional and treating the employees in poor manners, I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Productive and fun work place

I have learned many different aspect of hospitality services, the online training was essential to deliver the best customer service possible and also work in a safe environment. The hardest part of the job was to lift heavy boxes upwards or downwards the stairs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment with most of the staff members.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

We were short in staff while busy times.

Big company to work for

Really enjoyed my time at Ch&co great learning opportunities good pay and life work balance was excellent. I had a small but exceteam working with me more like friends than work colleagues

Pros

No evening or weekend work

Cons

Limited order capacity

good place to work

good place to work. based out the tower of London . summer and school holidays are bissy. never worked at Christmas or new year working with the beef eaters.

Pros

working with the Yemen worders

Cons

average says work

Unreliable

Made everyone redundant even though we could have been furloughed. There are much smaller companies that still have their staff furloughed. Really bad senior Management.

A tough year in hospitality but CH&CO are working hard to rebuild the business and grow for the future. Great team, lots of people and a very inclusive culture. Amazing opportunities for career development. Open management team.

Pros

Free/discounted lunches in offices. Great opportunities. Team spirit

Cons

Some complexity but the team are working hard to make things better.

Great company to work for

Food focused company with a passion for customer service. Huge training and development opportunities for all. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for CH&CO

A great company to work for

I joined the company in 2015 and have been through some fantastic training and development which has led me to getting a number of promotions. Love the culture of the business where they care about people as people with a huge focus on your own personal development.I work with a fab team who are always there to support and encourage people making my role really enjoyable.

Pros

People and culture

Jobs at CH&Co

See more jobs

Great place to work for career advancement

Pros

Great people

Nice place

Brilliant place to work really love it. Really busy during breakfast, nice and smooth during lunch and once everything is done, relax and wait for next day.

Rubbish company

Would not recommend to work for this company.. you are just a number not a person!!! They Do not care if short staffed aslong as there’s food ... No communication between staff and management... worst company I’ve ever worked for!!!

Pros

Cons

Rubbish management

Unrewarding

if you want to feel unappreciated, overworked & continually judged, then this is definitely the company for you. absolutely nothing positive to say regarding this company.

Pros

going home

Cons

going in

Disappointing

Things started very well but when your face no longer fits you are quickly isolated and forced out. Shame the company feels it appropriate to answer all reviews with a generic response copy and pasted.

Absolutely AVOID

I would not recommend this company to anyone what so ever. A time wasting, rude, lying company who do not pay you for the job role. WORST company I have ever worked for in 8 years of my career.

Pros

Nothing at all

Cons

Untrustworthy, liars and time wasting.

Fun place to work

Started off as weekend barista and worked my way up to commis chef. Fast paced and friendly team with lots of opportunities. Plenty of training given and always someone else there to lend a hand.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Hours can be long

Head chef

Tuped over to so called ch&co went off with a breakdown ended up doing work for two units instead of my own. All middle mangement always standing on other people to get to the top. Don't do it to yourself stay away.

The best job ever job

The best team where I had the chance to learn a lot of new things the team member all the time ready to explain,to help you.It is the first place where I was worked happy,no one shouting ..is was a good experience for me.Now I have to leave this wondefull place because of redundancy.Corona virus change our life.

Bad experience

Don’t have expectations. There is no support from managers. Politics works, it matters who you know. Doesn’t matter what you know. Overall unprofessional.

All about profit over staff

Don't waste your time with ch&co all management do is lie, lie and lie. Every under management will do anything to reach the top. If you love the catering industry work some where else STAY AWAY.

Pros

Cons

No support
  • CH&Co