CH & Co

CH & Co Employee Reviews

Things started very well but when your face no longer fits you are quickly isolated and forced out. Shame the company feels it appropriate to answer all reviews with a generic response copy and pasted.
Food focused company with a passion for customer service. Huge training and development opportunities for all. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working for CH&CO
I joined the company in 2015 and have been through some fantastic training and development which has led me to getting a number of promotions. Love the culture of the business where they care about people as people with a huge focus on your own personal development.I work with a fab team who are always there to support and encourage people making my role really enjoyable.
Pros
Great people
Would not recommend to work for this company.. you are just a number not a person!!! They Do not care if short staffed aslong as there’s food ... No communication between staff and management... worst company I’ve ever worked for!!!
Pros
Cons
Rubbish management
Started off as weekend barista and worked my way up to commis chef. Fast paced and friendly team with lots of opportunities. Plenty of training given and always someone else there to lend a hand.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hours can be long
Tuped over to so called ch&co went off with a breakdown ended up doing work for two units instead of my own. All middle mangement always standing on other people to get to the top. Don't do it to yourself stay away.
Cons
The best team where I had the chance to learn a lot of new things the team member all the time ready to explain,to help you.It is the first place where I was worked happy,no one shouting ..is was a good experience for me.Now I have to leave this wondefull place because of redundancy.Corona virus change our life.
Don’t have expectations. There is no support from managers. Politics works, it matters who you know. Doesn’t matter what you know. Overall unprofessional.
I enjoy working as a relief chef for CH & Co. I would like to have more hours because it is not a job i can rely on financially. The staff that is working there have such an easy job, there will never be a space unless someone would leave. They are a joy to work with and i do like working.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cheap ingredients unfortunately because of budget.
I didn't want this to sound like one of those bitter reviews, but it's all true! I worked as a duty manager at a few venues in London. They don't pay expenses at all, so if you have driven into London - forget parking or petrol expenses, or public transport - they wont cover that, especially as the events usually finish late. My last jobs were late November 2019 on weddings and that was the end of the season. So I was expecting this work to start again in March 2020, however as we all know Covid kicked in. I eventually asked about being furloughed and they said no as I last worked end of November 2019. I explained that thats the wedding season and I am on the books with them, but they weren't interested and kept replying with the same message. Even though it wouldn't have cost them anything to furlough staff, they weren't interested. Event graduates who start are treated badly. I'm a lot older and although I believe in hard work, when you are younger in a new venue, training is essential. Not paying staff on time as always issues with pay day, They move pay day constantly so you don't know what day is cut off and then you have to wait 6 weeks for that payment. And then they will mess that payment up. SO getting paid is a constant battle. They don't pay suppliers, and suppliers contact you for payment! There is no support at the venues from management, so if you have an issue with guests or venue issues, like plumbing or gas running out, you are expected to fix it there and then, so no pre planning or advance checks of supplies. Very basic communication from - more...
Pros
Cons
too many
As manager I ensure that the staff are well looked after. If you keep the staff happy Thay will willingly Work for you when asked. We worked a roll over staff roaster.
Pros
Meal at work
Cons
Lots of office work running 2 sites. At the. Same time
A good company to work for let you get on with the job very good training program you do at your own pace Very friendly and chance of progression within the company
This company and they way they treat staff have always been a concern of mine, however in light of COVID-19 I can confidently say they are useless on so many levels and I hope that once we come out on the other side of this they suffer for how they have treated their staff throughout this entire ordeal. the CEO is a disgrace and should be ashamed of how he has treated such a dedicated workforce!
Vast number of employees asked to take unpaid leave with no warning - some people kept on at very low % of salary and expected to work 40 hour weeks. Appalling lack of care for their employees and zero transparency throughout.
Being made to take 4 weeks unpaid leave half way through the month no notice no warning shocked no considerations for rent financial security truly bad
shocking management for the south west no support no understanding or help with mental health awareness maybe just bad area manager but never again .....
A challenging role, but enjoyable with an overall objective of maximising cash to reduce risk to the business. Managing and developing a team to obtain maximum performance.
Not Applicable Would rather not leave a review We rely on advertising to provide you with free content! Our third-party vendors or we use cookies to access and use information about your device to ensure the proper functioning of our website or as required for: personalization; ad selection, delivery, and reporting; content selection, delivery, and reporting; or measurement purposes. Read more about any of these purposes or vendors that we use and exercise choices by clicking ‘Preference Center’ or ‘Show Vendors.’ You can change your mind and revisit and change your choices at any time by clicking the ‘Cookie Settings’ box that is accessible from
I wouldn't recommend working for CH&Co. No area support, No middle Management, no one cares organised chaos after quick mergers with other company's.
stressful place to work under management who had no time for their staff at any level. Expectations very high but no support given if or when needed...
Please avoid CH&CO as the management will bully you unless you're a brown nose. I was threatened by violence by my line manager in the training process as the man has zero patience & always looked to throw me under the bus. Whenever i raised grievances with the General Manager, she would automatically take my line managers side & i quote go on to say if "X says jump you say how high!" They also like to discriminate against people with disabilities such as myself & would not recommend anyone to join this company as no matter how hard you try, they will try & strip you off any credibility you believe you may have. Typical day for a KP would involve putting away deliveries, packing away kitchen tools & Utensils. The most enjoyable part was, certain colleagues whom are ufnortuantely in the same boat as you.
  1. Employee reviews