Chailey Heritage Foundation

Chailey Heritage Foundation Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom18 reviews

Lovely place with some cons

The young people are lovely but very short staffed there, pressuring, but always overtime available and extra hours. Very rewarding but not always appreciated as staff

Ok place to work

Pros- the young people Cons- hours, constantly short staffed Other people who work there are nice but so many good staff get taken for granted and end up leaving

Pros

The young people

Cons

Long hours, always short staffed

Insights into Chailey Heritage Foundation

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energising work tasks

More to learn

Great place to be educated in care work. Much training to undertake and many situations to use the training in. Opportunity to make new friends and learn from their great experince in the caring world. Promotion is available for those able to cope in high pressure situations - more money but a world more of responsibility.

Pros

Smashing setting away from the rat race.

Cons

Gets busy

Badly managed and bullies

The young people are absolutely amazing, they make Chailey! unfortunately the managers are only out for themselves and they bully support staff and people lower then them, there is no care for the staff you are very over worked and very underpaid and not thanked, acknowledged or spoken to unless you’ve begged for a meeting. unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend at all. Stay away.

Pros

The young people

Cons

Bad management and bullies

A bubbling pot of gossip and politics

Would you like a care job where your manager and colleagues don’t care? Where most employees are burning out at various rates? Where you’re not trusted to do your job well?

Pros

The Young People

A great place to learn.

Very fast paced, on the go. A great place to learn and to work with children and young adults with multiple disabilities and abilities. You need to have good attention skills and be able to make quick decisions. The role is to look after very vulnerable students who’s everyday needs and educational needs must be met. A great and rewarding place to work.

The foxes are guarding the chickens!!

Absolutely the worst management in any workplace I've ever had. Examples of things I've seen managers do. 1. Take credit for others’ work 2. Don’t show appreciation or give recognition to employees 3. Micromanage 4. Are unable to trust staff 5. Plays favourites 6. Don’t provide clear or realistic direction 7. Are unavailable or avoid conversations 9. Unable to listen and respond to staff feedback 10. Don’t lead by example 11. Lack humility or self-awareness 12. Manage with fear, not fairness 13. Are complacent about poor performing or toxic team members 14. Don’t follow through or recognise their own responsibilities 15. Don’t live up to workplace values The school is OFSTED outstanding, everything else should be on special measures. Toxic, bullying work environment - don't work here unless you are really desperate you will regret it.

Senior Support Worker

Promotion was readily available, good training on offer. Work life balance doesn't exist at Chailey. The hours are long and the work is exhausting. Forget about weekends in this job. However the kids are fantastic but very complex. Shifts are more often than not short staffed and this causes burn out for staff. Management are not supportive and unapproachable.

Never wanted to leave a place this bad

The kids are the reason staff stay until they break due to poor management, politics and other staff members. The kids welfare is never put first only those in charge. The delegation and selection of either new staff or promotions are very poor. Staff who are hired are really awful at there job and yet will receive a promotion due to being perceived as a hard worker by management who never see them work. I feel so sorry for the kids and wish I could have stayed longer

Such a rewarding place to work

The kids and their families at Chailey are so truly inspiring, can put so many things into perspective. Theres even a farm so I can go and see the pigs and goats in my lunch break.

Pros

Onsite cafe with fantastic Coffee

Hard work and rewarding

This is a good job to have, and you'll make some good friends while doing it. It can be stress full and hard work but it is worthwhile. It is for someone who can think quickly on their feet and can keep a calm composure in a high toned situation.

N/a

I have been happy to work here for a long period of time. I would recommend Chailey Heritage to anyone wishing to be part of a caring environment and wishing to suport YP with complex needs

Bad management and badly run place

The kids and the staff were all lovely but the management are terrible and is badly run place. I have worked there for 5 years until i was made redundant. Not just me, the other 4 housekeepers and 6 domestic staff were ALL made redundant too and it was very upsetting time. The management don't care, they just want to get rid of us even though we ALL worked hard in this place so doesn't appreciated us at all, not even a thanks. Im in a much better place now i have a new job, while this place is going downhill.

Great job, sad to leave

I worked at chailey for 14 months whilst studying for my nursing degree. Chailey is a wonderful place to work, the kids are amazing and I received excellent training to support my studies. I worked in both school and on the bungalows which was great as I got to see both sides of the role. I will return once I have finished my studies!

Pros

The Kids, Staff

Cons

Can be challenging

Badly managed

I'm an ex employee and I left. Chailey is badly managed and staff are not supported in a very challenging role. Management are hypocritical and unprofessional. It's run by bullies who sadly don't think about the welfare of the chldren. Most shifts are understaffed and the turn over of staff is really high.

Pros

The kids

Rewarding role

Chailey Heritage Foundation is such a rewarding organisation to work for. The young people really make it the place it is. The role can be challenging but it's worth every effort. Excellent training and induction available with ongoing support available from management and other members of staff.

Pros

Supportive staff, rewarding role

Cons

Shift and working hours

Very rewarding and friendly

I cant tell people enough how much I love my job it is so rewarding when you see the smile on the young peoples faces because they are happy to see you or because you have made them happy for what ever reason that may be. It truly is the best feeling in the world to know that your work means something. The hours are good and the wage is average, I do a lot of overtime one for the extra money but because I really do love my job and also it helps out my manager which in return my manager helps me when I need a favour from her.Going to work at Chailey was the best decision i ever made.

Pros

lots of support

Cons

a lot of paper work

Social Management - Challenging

I have been a Nurse for 14 years and I miss the Clinical Nursing which this Social Job does not have. I have not had a manager since beginning at Chailey Heritage as the Senior Manager went off on long term sick when I started and has not returned. I have found this job a challenge, but have given it my all. I have come to realise my skills and love of Nursing cannot be carried over to this non-clinical role and have a strong desire to return back to a Clinical Nursing post.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chailey Heritage Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement