Challenge-trg Group logo
Challenge-trg Group

Challenge-trg Group Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

There was no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Nice way to get people onto this government funded scheme. Promise jobs with wages around the £12-£14 per hour mark for night shift work. Saying there's "plenty of work", just got to complete this "initial assessment"..Finished the assessment, passed everything. To be told I'd receive a call by "tomorrow" from the recruitment team with available positions.We all know tomorrow never comes. But I guess we done them a huge favour in completing that course with the money the government put in their back pockets. Still looking for a job though! And still waiting for that call....... LolBut thanks anyway 👍🏼

Pros

Good refresher courses.

Cons

No job prospects, no follow up call.

No sense of human

Very competitive for performance. You have to work as an robbot. You don't have time to even drink water because of performance and time because of each assignment. If you pass out during your shift , no-one bother to check on you unless someone saw you.

Pros

Good payment

Cons

Short break, lack of communication

Dasnt carry about worker

Very poor company ,manager dasnt care about workers,they cancel shift one hour before start time ,no friendly atmosphere wery bad runs short distans .

Cons

Short time working guaranted 6 hours

Money For Old Rope ...

Excellent place to work. Was asked when I was available to work each week, and my shift days and start times were granted. Good money if you get the hours, but nights can be quite quiet regularly, so expect to be sent home after 1 run. Get paid a minimum of 6 hours if sent home, but normally I can put in a good 10 or 11 hours. My weekly average is between 40 & 50 hours.Good fleet of trucks, most are up to 3 years old, but avoid the 63 plate DAF trucks, Ive broken down 3 times and needed recovered with them. They seriously need scrapped. I cant believe a company of this size are still using them. All in all ... Its a good job and place to work, go at your own pace, there's nobody on your back, Its just Money for old rope ...

Pros

Picked my own shifts ... No stress ... Good hourly rate ... Easy work ...

Cons

Avoid the 63 plate DAF Trucks, unless you like breaking down ...

Stress free good paying job, would recommend

Been working for TRG and Tesco Livingston for a while now. Great workplace. The pay is good if you put the hours in. The most likely rota you will be offered is 4 on 3 off. Working Friday to Monday. It is a relaxed environment with no stress at all doing 1,2 or 3 store deliveries each shift at your own leisure. I can guarantee you won’t find a better job to pay LGV job out there.

Pros

Stress free job

Cons

Some of the trucks are 63 plates and In bad shape

Productive and fun workplace

I would recommend, diverse cultures, professional and responsive management, you can meet a lot of new people, you can have a warm meal on cantine everyday.

Very bad work place

The starting hours are good only if you give them bribes,and do special work for and behalf of the site manager if you have a problem at work they don't help you

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor payment

bad agency avoid avoid avoid

worse agency ever.Many times payments are late or wrong,and after a while they will pay you less then is advertised. If you ask about it,you’ll get same answer “take it or leave it”

warehouse operative

the managers make the job so unenjoyable, continously targeting specific people and not others for the same things which is just sheer favouritism been with them for 2 years and always tried my best to achieve the goals they set out to just be targeted during covid 19 and sticking to government guidelines in which they dont believe in

Pros

pay

Cons

everything besides pay

Its ok

I worked with this company to work for Tesco distribution. Trg are good bit tesco distribution in avonmouth is bad. Hence made my experience terrible and contributed to the rating.

Jobs at Challenge-trg Group

See more jobs

Very bad agency

Very bad agency,they tell you what you suppose to do otherwise you go home They thret you if you don't come to work to do an extra shift they will let you home 2 weeks when you want a fix start time they tell you that you can leave if you don't want to

Easy work poor management

4 weeks of my life I won't get back.. Office have No people skills.. Will treat you like a school kid by texting and calling multiple times a day to make sure you are going to turn up for work.. very high turn over of drivers will expect you to do extra shifts without consultation then try to blame you for their lack of incompetence when you tell them no

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor pay bad attitudes

A normal day at Challenge can be busy and fast paced. I learned a lot about recruitment and have gained many skills. My work colleagues are fun and everyone gets along which makes everyday better. The wasnt really a 'Hard part' of the job as everyday was challenging as everyday was different.

Pros

Lots of out of work activities

Avoid at all

They don’t make the payment on time never just keep saying we will call you back and they won’t then blame the company for timesheet not being sent. My advice is to avoid this agency!!!

Dreadful company to work for avoid at all costs

Horrendous company to work for with extremly poor managment. All about profit (Lowest paying agency around) and have no care about the staff that work for them. Always issues with payment and impossible to actually get hold of anyone to sort. Constantly made promises that are never actually followed through with with excuse after excuse given. Heavilly in bed with stobarts (try to push all drivers this way at super low rates) with all other clients supplied secondry to them. Avoid at all costs.

Ok if you are a new license holder

A lot of managers have got their favourites unfair job allocation long waiting times at stores due to poor load planning too many days when you are not required

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Unfortunately unstable work

A good place to work. friendly team and loads of opportunities. i have learned a lot of thinks from them. Also they offered me loads of courses.......

Good first job

Great for new drivers, but sometimes hard to get more than 8 hours a day. Great working atmosphere with no pressure from management, as long as your work is completed safely.

Easy-going, well supported

Hours worked suitable for me. Helpful office staff. Delivering to all parts of the UK. Start times were afternoons or evenings driving to various destinations finishing the early hours next day.

productive and fun place to work

great team, investment in employees,social activities, approachble management, office based, free parking, healthy food options progression available.

Good

During my experience with working with Trg I have gained multiple skills and have been taught so many new skills. The people are easy to talk to and always happy to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Challenge-trg Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement