Challenge-trg Group
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Challenge-trg Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom144 reviews

It is what it is. Its warehouse work

Not sure what to put only just started the job but for what I've seem they are number focused on your picking so if your not comfortable with rushing don't think there is a place for you here.

Hire and Fire mentality

I would not recommend anyone to this agency when your face does not fit they fire you without notice as their zero hours contract allows it ,they are constantly on your case with the pick rate targets and they hire a fresh batch of workers every month or so because the new workers run about daft to impress them which puts health and safety at risk, out with the old in with the new that is their policy.

Pros

sometimes free stock that is going out of date

Cons

not knowing what day's off you will get for the week ahead until late Friday.

Insights into Challenge-trg Group

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Quite laid back

Pretty much left alone to get on with runs.Being agency can get dropped shifts.Agency guys decent lads.But of an us and them culture with some of the full time guys.

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Dropped shifts

Easy work but can become boring

The work is easy enough. Everyone is trained to be an order picker and then after a few weeks you are offered to do more training on more complex tasks like loading, goods in and driving a forklift

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Agency workers are sometimes treated poorly by tesco staff

Good agency to work for

Always helpful, filling in your own hours on their website makes it so you always get paid on time. They leave you to get on with your Job. Work was sent via mobile app.

Pros

They leave you to get on with the job

Cons

Great payers but management are shocking

They pay a decent wage throughout there contracts but the management are shocking. Try to get hold of somebody over the telephone either to be hung up on or be told you'll get a call back which never comes.Although the wages are bang on and never have to chase and always paid on time.Just bear in mind if you got questions that need answering you'll be better speaking to your own back side..

Pros

Decency pay

Cons

Poor management

Agency treated badly by Tesco clerks

Worked at TRG for 3yrs, only left to get a full time position at Tesco but the grass is not greener on the other side, wish I'd never left agency to go to Tesco, agency work is a lot more relaxed and the agency drivers are a better bunch of guys, actually thinking of going back to TRG.

Pros

Free coffee.

Cons

Get runs Tesco drivers don't want.

No sense of human

Very competitive for performance. You have to work as an robbot. You don't have time to even drink water because of performance and time because of each assignment. If you pass out during your shift , no-one bother to check on you unless someone saw you.

Pros

Good payment

Cons

Short break, lack of communication

Dasnt carry about worker

Very poor company ,manager dasnt care about workers,they cancel shift one hour before start time ,no friendly atmosphere wery bad runs short distans .

Cons

Short time working guaranted 6 hours

Money For Old Rope ...

Excellent place to work. Was asked when I was available to work each week, and my shift days and start times were granted. Good money if you get the hours, but nights can be quite quiet regularly, so expect to be sent home after 1 run. Get paid a minimum of 6 hours if sent home, but normally I can put in a good 10 or 11 hours. My weekly average is between 40 & 50 hours.Good fleet of trucks, most are up to 3 years old, but avoid the 63 plate DAF trucks, Ive broken down 3 times and needed recovered with them. They seriously need scrapped. I cant believe a company of this size are still using them. All in all ... Its a good job and place to work, go at your own pace, there's nobody on your back, Its just Money for old rope ...

Pros

Picked my own shifts ... No stress ... Good hourly rate ... Easy work ...

Cons

Avoid the 63 plate DAF Trucks, unless you like breaking down ...

Stress free good paying job, would recommend

Been working for TRG and Tesco Livingston for a while now. Great workplace. The pay is good if you put the hours in. The most likely rota you will be offered is 4 on 3 off. Working Friday to Monday. It is a relaxed environment with no stress at all doing 1,2 or 3 store deliveries each shift at your own leisure. I can guarantee you won’t find a better job to pay LGV job out there.

Pros

Stress free job

Cons

Some of the trucks are 63 plates and In bad shape

Productive and fun workplace

I would recommend, diverse cultures, professional and responsive management, you can meet a lot of new people, you can have a warm meal on cantine everyday.

Very bad work place

The starting hours are good only if you give them bribes,and do special work for and behalf of the site manager if you have a problem at work they don't help you

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor payment

bad agency avoid avoid avoid

worse agency ever.Many times payments are late or wrong,and after a while they will pay you less then is advertised. If you ask about it,you’ll get same answer “take it or leave it”

There was no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Nice way to get people onto this government funded scheme. Promise jobs with wages around the £12-£14 per hour mark for night shift work. Saying there's "plenty of work", just got to complete this "initial assessment"..Finished the assessment, passed everything. To be told I'd receive a call by "tomorrow" from the recruitment team with available positions.We all know tomorrow never comes. But I guess we done them a huge favour in completing that course with the money the government put in their back pockets. Still looking for a job though! And still waiting for that call....... LolBut thanks anyway 👍🏼

Pros

Good refresher courses.

Cons

No job prospects, no follow up call.

warehouse operative

the managers make the job so unenjoyable, continously targeting specific people and not others for the same things which is just sheer favouritism been with them for 2 years and always tried my best to achieve the goals they set out to just be targeted during covid 19 and sticking to government guidelines in which they dont believe in

Pros

pay

Cons

everything besides pay

Its ok

I worked with this company to work for Tesco distribution. Trg are good bit tesco distribution in avonmouth is bad. Hence made my experience terrible and contributed to the rating.

Very bad agency

Very bad agency,they tell you what you suppose to do otherwise you go home They thret you if you don't come to work to do an extra shift they will let you home 2 weeks when you want a fix start time they tell you that you can leave if you don't want to

Easy work poor management

4 weeks of my life I won't get back.. Office have No people skills.. Will treat you like a school kid by texting and calling multiple times a day to make sure you are going to turn up for work.. very high turn over of drivers will expect you to do extra shifts without consultation then try to blame you for their lack of incompetence when you tell them no

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Poor pay bad attitudes

A normal day at Challenge can be busy and fast paced. I learned a lot about recruitment and have gained many skills. My work colleagues are fun and everyone gets along which makes everyday better. The wasnt really a 'Hard part' of the job as everyday was challenging as everyday was different.

Pros

Lots of out of work activities

Cons

Dreadful company to work for avoid at all costs

Horrendous company to work for with extremly poor managment. All about profit (Lowest paying agency around) and have no care about the staff that work for them. Always issues with payment and impossible to actually get hold of anyone to sort. Constantly made promises that are never actually followed through with with excuse after excuse given. Heavilly in bed with stobarts (try to push all drivers this way at super low rates) with all other clients supplied secondry to them. Avoid at all costs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Challenge-trg Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement