Challenge-trg Recruitment

Challenge-trg Recruitment Employee Reviews

United Kingdom163 reviews

tescodriveragencywagepaymentshiftratelie

good company

very good very friendly very good pay. easy to get to. informative. good overtime. flexible working rota. friendly people who understand and listen to their colleagues.

Warm job

Very bad agency by bad management, no answer any question by phone no respond for what we need.this agency change your role in job as what they wont without ask you.

Insights into Challenge-trg Recruitment

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Good

Good. Working conditions were tough. Management were friendly flexible and approachable. Good pay as well. No negative experiences with the company .

Stressful but worth it

A really good place to work for starting off or getting back on your feet, management could've been a little better, great overtime opportunities. Great pay and great staff

Thoroughly enjoyed working here

I did genuinely enjoy working for Challenge TRG. Pay was great, static shift pattern and working alongside some great people. I would recommend working here.

Agency no good

Worked on the 7-3/3-11 shift. The am shift would always be ‘cancelled’ due to low volume or you would be sent home at 10am after getting there at 7am. On days we’re shifts would be cancelled they will offer you a holiday to cover it but then don’t process the holidays so you don’t get paid for it. They will text you every day what your shift is, usually 3pm-11pm turns into a 4pm-10pm as they will just send a message on the arm pack and tell you finish your pallet and go home. I left yesterday due to not getting a full weeks wage in over 10 weeks and this putting me in financial difficulty so have had to get another job where hours as more perm. Not an ideal job, rate of pay is good but when you’re only doing half the hours you’re told you’d be doing it doesn’t make ends meet. Since they’ve introduced a bonus system the work place is very hostile and you can expect to be verbally abused on a daily basis if you’re being too slow picking your products by other workers. However, if you complain about this managers tend to use the excuse of ‘they’re just trying to get their rate that’s all’.

Great office to work for

I have worked here for almost 2 years, Challenge TRG is a great place to work, they went the extra mile supporting me through a difficult health diagnosis and have continued to support me since. It is a positive place to work where each member of the team is valued and trusted to do their work, but support is readily available.

Great place to work, Great people, endless opportunities for training and development

Great place to work, friendly and approachable staff, great teamwork,Opportunities for advancement in current or new job rolesTraining available within the company through phoenix training services

Pros

great teamwork, work rewards, free parking, approachable management team, development and training

Cons

Fast paced and collaborative environment

As we approach peak time for our industry, our day is busy from the time we clock in. The greatest part of working with Challenge-trg is the support we get from the management and colleagues who are all eager to help.

Supportive workplace

Supportive management, willing to offer you help when you need it. Very understanding of your needs and trying to accommodate your requests. I enjoy working here because I am left in peace to complete my tasks for the day and I get updates on my performance regularly

Pros

Weekly pay

Exceptional Work Environment

I look forward to coming into work as the environment is extremely positive. I get along with upper management and my on-site coordinator

Productive and fun workplace

I have worked at Challenge trg for a number of years now, i have always found the business to be helpful, and the job role to be rewarding. career progression is available and they try to promote from within where they can.

Pros

The people are really welcoming and friendly

Okish

They are ok, so far discussed shifts with one week in advance have been respected.The problem is the pay, they pay less than other agencies for the same job at the same company, or at least that's where i work.I do recommend them though, they have many jobs

Picking

Very hard work,they keep pushing people for targets that causes accidents in the warehouse.After 12 weeks they get rid of you rather than give you permanent contract,this place is full of Eastern Europeans and they are very rude to new workers.

Pros

Cons

Waste of time

Poor

F*ng horrible messed up my payment a lot of times, when calling them about payment they ignored my calls but have the audacity to tell my my starting time for next shift as I’m calling them. They need to relax a bit as they put pressure on you about picking rate even on your first week, management and communication was poor also getting a holiday was a myth and you need have a doctors note if you’re sick for them to believe you which outrageous. No sick pay or holiday pay…one of agency team leader was very good and always helping out but the other one like to act like she’s a manager.

Pros

Nothing to say here tbh they really ruined my mood to work there

Cons

Breaks too short, by the time you get to the canteen and heat up your food you’re already looking to go back

Alright

not a bad job for what it is, pay is great but the people there aren’t, the warehouse is constantly full of broken trucks and people who can’t be bothered.

Long days and hard work

Warehouse work - 12 hour shifts with short breaks every 4 hours. The money was alright but by the end of the shift you were just left in pain. A lot of the technology isn't good. A lot of broken headsets or headsets that don't understand you properly. You'd think the company would invest in things like this as it'd make people a lot more productive.

Bad company

Not a secure work , cancelation and replacement every day, you agree on something then they change and if you are fine with it ok if not just replaced.

Poor managers

They pay a really good hourly rate with most there contracts but the management are shocking. Try to get hold of somebody over the telephone only to be hung up on, told to ring a different number, or be told you'll get a call back which never comes. Email and you get no reply. The wages are bang on time (Friday) however they come underpaid missing many hours. Not worth asking a question as they won’t have the answer or the answer will be incorrect. Quite a few employees with a arrogant tone when they talk with you. All in all avoid. Terrible organisational Skills and even worse communication.

It is what it is. Its warehouse work

Not sure what to put only just started the job but for what I've seem they are number focused on your picking so if your not comfortable with rushing don't think there is a place for you here.

Hire and Fire mentality

I would not recommend anyone to this agency when your face does not fit they fire you without notice as their zero hours contract allows it ,they are constantly on your case with the pick rate targets and they hire a fresh batch of workers every month or so because the new workers run about daft to impress them which puts health and safety at risk, out with the old in with the new that is their policy.

Pros

sometimes free stock that is going out of date

Cons

not knowing what day's off you will get for the week ahead until late Friday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Challenge-trg Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement