Challenge-trg Recruitment

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

tescodriveragencywagepaymentshiftratelie

Good and Bad

Good when you get the hours. Decent pay aswell but it's bad when you don't get the hours and you don't get paid. They ask you to take holiday when they have no work for you

Great agency

Good in payManagement helpfulLearning how to use LLOP and OLPFour days work per week , so you can have one more day family dayNeed work at the low temperature wearhouse

Insights into Challenge-trg Recruitment

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks

Hard work pays

Fair pay for a fair days work.Some days can be long, but that's logistics. If you don't mind a bit of graft, your wages will reflect that. Always pays prompt and on time.

Good

Good. Working conditions were tough. Management were friendly flexible and approachable. Good pay as well. No negative experiences with the company .

good company

very good very friendly very good pay. easy to get to. informative. good overtime. flexible working rota. friendly people who understand and listen to their colleagues.

Poor

F*ng horrible messed up my payment a lot of times, when calling them about payment they ignored my calls but have the audacity to tell my my starting time for next shift as I’m calling them. They need to relax a bit as they put pressure on you about picking rate even on your first week, management and communication was poor also getting a holiday was a myth and you need have a doctors note if you’re sick for them to believe you which outrageous. No sick pay or holiday pay…one of agency team leader was very good and always helping out but the other one like to act like she’s a manager.

Pros

Nothing to say here tbh they really ruined my mood to work there

Cons

Breaks too short, by the time you get to the canteen and heat up your food you’re already looking to go back

Good agency to work for

Always helpful, filling in your own hours on their website makes it so you always get paid on time. They leave you to get on with your Job. Work was sent via mobile app.

Pros

They leave you to get on with the job

Cons

Great payers but management are shocking

They pay a decent wage throughout there contracts but the management are shocking. Try to get hold of somebody over the telephone either to be hung up on or be told you'll get a call back which never comes.Although the wages are bang on and never have to chase and always paid on time.Just bear in mind if you got questions that need answering you'll be better speaking to your own back side..

Pros

Decency pay

Cons

Poor management

Dasnt carry about worker

Very poor company ,manager dasnt care about workers,they cancel shift one hour before start time ,no friendly atmosphere wery bad runs short distans .

Cons

Short time working guaranted 6 hours

Money For Old Rope ...

Excellent place to work. Was asked when I was available to work each week, and my shift days and start times were granted. Good money if you get the hours, but nights can be quite quiet regularly, so expect to be sent home after 1 run. Get paid a minimum of 6 hours if sent home, but normally I can put in a good 10 or 11 hours. My weekly average is between 40 & 50 hours.Good fleet of trucks, most are up to 3 years old, but avoid the 63 plate DAF trucks, Ive broken down 3 times and needed recovered with them. They seriously need scrapped. I cant believe a company of this size are still using them. All in all ... Its a good job and place to work, go at your own pace, there's nobody on your back, Its just Money for old rope ...

Pros

Picked my own shifts ... No stress ... Good hourly rate ... Easy work ...

Cons

Avoid the 63 plate DAF Trucks, unless you like breaking down ...

Stress free good paying job, would recommend

Been working for TRG and Tesco Livingston for a while now. Great workplace. The pay is good if you put the hours in. The most likely rota you will be offered is 4 on 3 off. Working Friday to Monday. It is a relaxed environment with no stress at all doing 1,2 or 3 store deliveries each shift at your own leisure. I can guarantee you won’t find a better job to pay LGV job out there.

Pros

Stress free job

Cons

Some of the trucks are 63 plates and In bad shape

Very bad work place

The starting hours are good only if you give them bribes,and do special work for and behalf of the site manager if you have a problem at work they don't help you

Pros

Cons

Long hours, poor payment

Ok if you are a new license holder

A lot of managers have got their favourites unfair job allocation long waiting times at stores due to poor load planning too many days when you are not required

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

Unfortunately unstable work

Good first job

Great for new drivers, but sometimes hard to get more than 8 hours a day. Great working atmosphere with no pressure from management, as long as your work is completed safely.

trg thurrock good place of work

Working out of Tesco distribution centre in Purfleet thurrock. Good variety of shifts available but mainly in the Afternoon. Long hours available if you can get a shift before 1300 and excellent rates of pay compared with other agencies. Management know there stuff here and helpful in most cases. Generally a good place to work.

not the best but okay.

had issues with paid, every single time. shifts aren't flexible and expect too much from workers straight from the off without that much training. would recommend if you have done this type of job before however for a first time warehouse operative, company isn't the greatest.

Superb to work for!

TRG are a brilliant agency to work for, they always try and work around personal commitments or certain shift patterns, money is great which is always a bonus and payed on time every time, even though people see the work Agency and panic or it’s not for me, no need with TRG. I’ve been working for just over a year and never had a single issue. I would highly Recommend over most other agencies. 👍

Pros

Free hot drinks and subsidised canteen

Cons

Just a personal thing of the commute some days, but the work itself I can’t really say much that is negative.

Relaxed day no oreasure and my driving skills have improved

I enjoy working trg you can pick your hours of work, theres no stress. Management treat you fairly hours are there if needed more. Colleges are nice to work with and a good canteen

Great company

Is a company that has friendly and supportive staff. Work is very easy and non stressful. It offers excelent payrates, good opportunities to make above average wages as a HGV driver and always on time with payments. Provide free DCPC courses, work uniform, even holiday gifts so you really feel that your work is appreciated. Highly recommend TRG Logistics

Enjoyable place to work

Plenty of work depending on your requirement and work all year round. Management team a happy to help you with your work/personal life The job is very physical but some days are easier than others which is better than other places I have worked. Pay rates have just increased to a fairer rate in the area and weekly paid with online pay system that is visible all the time. Overall a good place to work with plenty of training if you request it

My advice is to avoid this agency!

Salary calculated incorrectly EVERY WEEK! Always at a loss to the driver, never to the agency. They promise to work near Preston but send you 20 -50 miles away! You won't be working in one place for a long time, they throw you elsewhere, they are afraid that you will want to stay permanently. Challenge staff don't have empathy, they lie very often and do not respect drivers, even though thanks to us they have a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Challenge-trg Recruitment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement