Champions Life Academy

Champions Life Academy Employee Reviews for Fundraiser

Not for the weak heart

A typical work day involved conversing with 80 to 100 people. The aim was to allow them see what you're selling and get them to sponsor the charity. The team I got put into were an amazing bunch of people that helped me realize the pros of keeping a positive mental attitude at all times. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job; it's the people. You never know what to expect when you knock on a persons door i.e. what kind of day they may be having. They can either contribute to your happiness or try to take away from it.

Pros

Free accommodation

Cons

Long work weeks;10 days before a break can be had.

Brainwashing

You work 50h/week up to +60h with 1 day/2weeks. (11h/day on a weekend). You have no spare time for yourself, because either you are working or exhausted. It's outside, whatever sunny or rainy, with 30min break for lunch. You pay for everything, rent, food, gas etc, in other words you lose money when you come there. There is no payslip. You learn basic sale skills through the first 3-days, and have to learn a script, and you train how to deal with people and gain confidence. Each week you have 2 meetings, 1 with your region where the 3 bests of the week are rewarded (with small gifts) and then quotes about happiness and do your best for telling you to don't give up and having more and more donors is great and "winners don't quit". The 2nd one, is with your team to sum up the week. Plus in the middle of the journey they decided to not pay you when you are sick, or in a graduation, so you can be paid 5£ for a week (true story).

Pros

you make friends (teamworkers or at the door), confidence, sales skills, good cause

Cons

salary, long hours, living conditions

Slavery

Rubbish, this internship is borderline illegal, you get worked like dogs and sacked if you don't agree to their slavery. Waste of time, its a scam if you ask me!

Pros

Cons

Everything from management, salary, work hours, 1 day off in 2 weeks

Work hard and Play Hard enviroment

The day begins with a team meeting before heading out to field, at the meeting we go through what our goals are for the day and how everyone is feeling. This is just a simple starter to the day to get our minds jogging for the day. We then head out to field where we are door knocking for 6.5 hours on a weekday and 9 hours on a weekend. In our team we have located location managers and accountants that keep the team in tact. The hardest part of the job will be the physical, mental and emotional challenges that are thrown at you. Physical challenges include the long hours, mental challenges include the amount of knowledge you have to consume on a daily basis and your learning curve and emotional challenges are dealing with rejections on the door or having a bad day but having to overcome that and carry on. The most enjoyable part is being able to rely on your team for support at the end of the day and seeing a noticeable change in your results. This is through recording individual statistics at the end of everyday and through that you can see the progress you make everyday which motivates you.

Pros

It's for a good cause and teammates are amazing

Cons

The emotional challenges can get to you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Champions Life Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement