Chancellors Estate Agents logo
Chancellors Estate Agents

Chancellors Estate Agents Employee Reviews

Engaging job with great team

Typical day is coming in and doing a stand up to explain to the team of previous/present day work and to discuss any blockers. Then proceed with the days work. Great colleagues - very helpful and proffessional.There is a big emphasis on development.

Pros

1min walk from station, 5min walk from town center. So plenty of options for lunch!

Not worth the minimum wage pay.

The only positive thing I have to say about Chancellors is that I worked with some really nice and friendly colleagues - it’s a shame that they can’t keep them though. The staff turnover is so high that people come and go every few months. The training is extremely minimal and does not prepare you for the job. One of my colleagues asked for extra training and was given a ‘Welcome to Chancellors’ PowerPoint slide after working for the company for several months. This job is extremely stressful and mentally draining. I would NOT recommend being a Property Manager to anyone who has struggled with mental health or anxiety. You are left to manage upwards of 100 properties with no help from seniors, relying on those good team members to help you out (like they aren’t busy enough with their own properties). The salary is also 18K - 22K, don’t believe what they put on the job advert. The company is infamous for gossiping and a toxic workplace, although I only ever saw this from seniors and other head office departments. There is also no room for progression and they push you into doing your ARLA course forgetting to mention that your notice period goes up to three months and you have to pay back the money if you fail an exam or leave within a certain period of time (think this is two years). The course is basically just to tie you into the company and make it near to impossible to leave. Overall, definitely the worst job I had and wish I had left before I did. Not worth the pennies you get paid. Also have no parking onsite - everyone fights over the few parking spaces a 15 minute walk -

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Too many to name.

Official response from Chancellors Estate Agents

14 July 2021
Following your review posted on the Indeed website, we are very sorry to read your comments that you were unhappy with your experience working for Chancellors. Working within Property Management division can be quite challenging and the role and salary would have been fully explained to you during the interview and onboarding process, support from senior staff is readily available and additional internal training is provided. We do encourage staff to achieve there ARLA qualifications to help with their knowledge and to keep up with industry standards, when staff agree to start there ARLA journey they are issued with documents which set out the process, we are sorry if this was not clear to you. There is great opportunity for progression within Chancellors including internal moves to different departments which are encouraged to ensure we are using the skill sets of staff to their full ability, this was an avenue which could have been considered. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have flagged so please contact us at HR@chancellors.co.uk. Having reviewed your comments it is clear that you did not experience what we believed we provided, or set out to provide, so that you could have a long and successful career with us as others have benefited from. We have reviewed your comments with every member of the team responsible for onboarding and training within the division and have made a number of enhancements to our training and support structures which we believe will make it impossible for your perception of us to be repeated.

Long and rewarding career if you are committed to working hard

I joined the business 12 years ago as a letting negotiator and have progressed throughout the ranks to Regional Director Level. I have found my time at Chancellors rewarding. If you work hard and are committed this does not go unrecognised. Your career and progression is driven at the pace you set with the support of you line managers and you are financially rewarded inline.

Pros

company trips, ongoing training, industry qualifications supported, ongoing career progression

Cons

Must be a career driven individual, if you are not this industry is unlikely for you

Rewarding and motivating

For 16 years Chancellors has allowed me the opportunity to flourish within the industry. Superb training, motivating and energising approach and a brilliant reward package. Despite approaches I could not imagine working anywhere else. Ultimately you 'get out' what you put in and having started as a Negotiator in 2005 I can truly say that now, as a 'more mature' family man my decision to work with this award winning and expanding firm was absolutely the right one.

Pros

Too many to list

Cons

None, its down to your own motivation

Chancellors

Chancellors gives employees lots of opportunities for growth and development in their careers. It rewards hard work with competitions and staff trips. Company in house training is given and also training to achieve industry qualifications. Supportive Management and HR team.

Pros

Career development

Career Opportunities

Having worked at Chancellors for almost 10 years now, I can honestly say that this is the best company that I have worked for in all my time in the industry. There are huge opportunities for career advancement, with the company expansion program now in full swing, and more branch openings promised, together with cutting edge technology being embraced to keep us all ahead of the competition.

Pros

Great processes and cutting edge bespoke software system

Hard working and well rewarded

Chancellors is a fast paced company and you need to work hard, but your hard work is rewarded. You are able to progress swiftly and rewarded with commissions, bonuses and fantastic trips - I have been lucky enough to go on multiple skiing trips and most recently Dubai, Las Vegas and looking forward to going to the Bahamas laster this year.

Pros

Good training, clear progression transparency, commissions and award trips!

Chancellors

Chancellors is a fantastic company and provides great support and help throughout your working career. Great opportunity to progress in an estate agency environment

Pros

Great working environment

Productive, Friendly and Supportive Workplace

Since joining, Chancellors have been absolutely fantastic. The on boarding process was smooth and supportive. The recruitment team were nothing but lovely and were happy to help.The HR team have welcomed me in and guided me through my training and given me all the support I could possibly need and more.The work environment is professional, friendly and everyone works together as a team.If you are looking for a Company that you are able to gain experience with, develop your career and work with lovely people, I would recommend starting your career with Chancellors!

Pros

Friendly and Supportive working environment, Great Management

Cons

None!

Consistent and Reliable

Have had a great 6 months so far and was lucky enough to be offered job security during a pandemic. Great team environment even when working from home and have always had a lot of support from managers and supervisors - what more could you want

Pros

Flexibility within job role and understanding managers

Jobs at Chancellors Estate Agents

See more jobs

Good management & good place to work

Management are really helpful and don’t make you feel bad when you make a mistake. Really good environment to work in. Could be more clarification in the potential progression.

Hard work is rewarded

Chancellors has provided me with many opportunities for growth and development in my career. It is a high-achieving environment to work in and hard work is required and expected but is also rewarded with regular salary reviews and the opportunity of promotion, if you are keen to strive and adopt the company's ethos. There are various competitions and rewards throughout the year to keep staff motivated and just to provide some fun in what can be a pressured environment during peak busy periods of the year. Training is thorough and structured to help you to understand the industry in which you are working and to help you achieve success in your role.

Pros

Good training, reward days/competitions, nice people

Cons

Company software can take some time to learn, as it is bespoke

Rewarding , challenging , enlightening & highly recommended !

If you wish to learn the nuances of the Industry and have the best tools of the trade at your disposal , look no further. In my opinion , activity is not only recorded but rewarded. Incentives galore. Yearly trips abroad from Vegas to Dubai ! Clearly helps if you are a motivated team player who wishes to progress. Meritocracy has a place in this organisation. Transparent & open communication lines with management has always been a massive bonus for me.

Pros

Best vocational education, career progression, widespread uncapped financial incentives, team building. Trips abroad, Industry Qualifications

Cons

Christmas to New year off together with your Birthday!

Fast Pacing & Fun Workplace

One of the best property agencies around UK, and one of the best workplaces too. Professionalism and integrity are the 2 words that characterise this workplace. Chancellors was my first job in the UK, and they helped get through the new-starter fears, help me develop my skills and evolve as a person and as a professional.

Pros

Dress Down Friday

Not too bad

The start of my career at Chancellors was being based outside my area and having to work in Kidlington Oxford, the manager at the time was fantastic he made me a brilliant negotiator and helped me improve in many ways but my main objective was to go to my home town where I knew everything there was to know and I had a huge advantage also. I finally got transferred back to banbury however I was sacked due to the pandemic and was never given to opportunity to show my true potential. Very upsetting.

Great job if you enjoy fast-paced

Working within the property industry is not for the faint hearted however you can choose to work for a company which rewards you for the work you put in - which Chancellors 100% does!!If you’re a hard worker and enjoy a fast-paced, incentivised environment then Chancellors is an excellent company for that. The company rewards anyone who meets their targets and goes above and beyond which I always saw, not because I was lucky but because I work hard.Incentives include quarterly bonus checks, annual award trips, uncapped commission and great progression prospects.

Pros

Uncapped earnings, great progression, parking, competitive salary

Cons

Hard work- but you’re rewarded! So not really a con.

Overworked and underpaid

Poor pay for the amount of pressure put on you. Expected to make 50 outbound calls in a 3 hour window. Commission can be taken from you by anyone else In the company- if someone else books a viewing for a Sales Negotiator to attend and the viewer buys the house, you don’t see a penny. You’re asked to manage your own diary but everyone else within the company has access to your diary and can book appointments for you after hours or on days you’re not working. You won’t get paid mileage and are expected to cover a huge area at your own expense. Very cut throat environment and not a sniff of teamwork or support. Huge turnover of staff which says it all.

Cons

Really good place to work

Been with Chancellors for couple of months now and it’s been really pleasant! The Company is nice and my team is amazing!! Very helpful and supportive, I can always count on my team to answer any questions I may have. Atmosphere very friendly. My line manager has been training me since I started and the support and guidance has been great in helping me learn and settle in nicely.

Pros

Training, parking

Cons

n/a

I do not recommend working here

Chancellors is the definition of H.E.L.L . The company is more focused in taking money than client and applicant care. Regional and Management are rude nor have skills of leadership. The only skills is rudeness. Managers have a go for doing a mistake even though we are new to the job and have not had PROPER training. I would not recommend anyone to buy, sell, let their property through them. Many complaints on the phone about chancellors not being helpful and not answering their phone. You get in trouble if you speak to a client or applicant on the phone for too long even though your just trying to help as no one else is willing to help them. Do not learn the hard way like everyone else has.

Pros

Nothing :)

Cons

Local teams very good but regional director poor

This company goes though staff at a rate of nots,Targets are un realistic and measured against larger and better positioned offices.You do get a good guaranteed salary but have to pay for all fuel and car running costs approx 3k per year and you will never earn our the basic as you pay back any down fall from previous months.Training poor You are measured on call number from the same data each day,if you don't call 50 people min you will get reprimanded.Some times you are calling the same people every week who hang up or complain.You are targeted at getting a price reduction on properties 4 weeks after listing the property and also targeted at the longest contracts possible min 26 weeks.the company are more focused at taking money than client care.They say they care but they don't.

Pros

Good basic or guaranteed salary

Cons

Dont pay fuel or any personal car allowance

Chancellors Estate Agents

Majority of staff are nice however certain managers didn’t have very good leadership skills and were rude. The pay was average however did have some good benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chancellors Estate Agents. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement