Chanel

Chanel Employee Reviews

It wasn’t the best paid, but you work on commission. So you have to work hard and be target driven. You get great discount on the products. I loved working for Chanel and was proud to work for them. It was a shame with the current climate that I had to leave as I would have still been with them.
Pros
They looked after you and great discount.
Cons
Wasn’t the best paid.
One of the best companies I've worked for. Highly recommend. Great management and colleagues. Training updates and progression and performance reviews makes you achieve perfection.
-Regular training-Strong brand culture-Regular meetings-Closeness between head office and shop floor-Many opportunities to develop your skills-Internal job opportunities and development
Pros
Wonderful luxury experience experience
Cons
Your job becomes your life (not really a con when you really love the brand)
At this particular shop the counter manager was extremely well organised, enthusiastic and helpful! Making the busiest time of the year to run so smoothly so for that reason was a great pleasure to have the opportunity to be a part of this team !
The management in John Lewis is disgusting. They have had a high turn over of girls due to the manager and her behaviour. If you are thinking of applying for the Chanel position within John Lewis Trafford centre I wouldn’t bother, the management are quick to get you out.
fantastic teams within the brand. benefits and perks are good also. the stores are nice to work in and its a relaxed but fast paced enviroment. training is a fun experience too.
Pros
nice products
Cons
no weekends off
L'histoire de la maison Chanel occupe une grande place au sein de l'entreprise et il est très plaisant d'y travailler.
Chanel as a company has a great reputation for caring for its staff, Sadly I ended up with a management team whose main aim was to stop me advancing. As a result, I felt constantly under pressure and, despite it only being a simple retail job, was constantly called and disturbed on my days off.
The shift pattern put on the consultants at Birmingham Airport was shocking. One weekend off every 6weeks is no work life balance and then to be dictated to when you take your holidays. No wonder there is a high turnover of staff. The staff that are being employed are not Chanel quality because of this reason
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours on a rubbish shift pattern
Lovely to work here, good experience gained in luxury working environment. You gain experience working with skincare, fragrance and beauty (makeup), (nails) etc.
An engaging work environment that constantly taught me about everyday working life as well as the highly revered and intense nature of high fashion. My colleagues were open and extremely inviting to my presence in the boutique.
Una experiencia excelente. Mejoré enormemente mi servicio al cliente y la organización de un equipo de 50 personas.
Working at Chanel you get to meet so many different characters, some may be not as pleasant as others but is always worth it! Working at Chanel you had so many good benefits such as 10% off any item you wanted to purchase.
Team work essential when customers enquired about Chanel products. Make up sessions booked and arranged accordingly. Staff rotas adhered too. Record of sales for each member of staff. All in all a great company to work for and lovely staff within Debenhams.
Pros
Chanel products
Cons
Helping the customer to choose the right products which suits them best, in the same time to show how the effective the product. Also I am really good at link sale, able to sale multiple products for a single customer. I love to help the customer to experience different styles of make up that is suitable for them. I can select right color foundation to the clients, helping them to create a new fresh look this way they will be persuaded to purchase the product. Also my Monthly sale figure is always above my standard target.
Pros
I have worked for Chanel as a Christmas temp for the past 2 years. I really enjoyed working with Chanel. I liked working with Chanel products and the clients were always a pleasure to work with. The only negative I would say is the management and also working in a beauty department with lots of girls can get very school-like. Apart from that, I would love to work for Chanel again.
Pros
Products and clients
Cons
management, long hours, work place
A typical day at work including serving customers, making recommendations about fragrances and explaining different fragrances to customers. I learned a lot about the different types of fragrances on the Chanel market and how to describe the different tones to each fragrance.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Long Hours
Overall a good company to work for, interesting heritage. Good training provided, products are amazing. I would recommend working for the company, its a great company to work for.
even though i was only a Christmas temp at Chanel, it was so much fun and the girls that work there are so lovely and always happy to help, management were fantastic and so lovely couldn't have ask for a better work experience.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
Jai été très satisfait de mon expérience professionnelle chez Chanel London
The shop is busy most of the time Lovely colleagues on the shop floor When it's busy that is the most enjoyable part of the job standing long hours...
Pros
discounts
Cons
standing long hours
  1. Employee reviews