Charles Russell Speechlys

Charles Russell Speechlys Employee Reviews

lack of progression and dull work. Unable to put my degree to use and viewed as lack of experience and not given alot of reponsibility. feel abit inadequate .
I work in a department that has very busy periods and then normal periods . At busy times, we can be working 10 -12 hours . This busy time seems to have stretched almost to every month end and can be very challenging . My contractual hours are supposed to be 9.30 til 4pm but my current position requires me to work way beyond that . The management team are not very approachable nor understanding and have unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Good salary package
Cons
Long hours, demanding management team
The work/life ethic here is excellent. Everyone speaks to each other and you are treated as a person not a commodity. There is always someone there should support or clarification be needed. Everyone works in a ‘family’ yet with a very professional capacity.
The environment can be pressured but I found my time there such a good experience. The team I was with was very much a family affair as in they were all very helpful and understanding and very much my friends.
Pros
Exceptional friends
Cons
Fee earners expectations of what can be achieved.
Busy workplace with little support from management. Ever changing priorities and shifting focus. Good social life available with twice yearly firm wide events.
Good culture and growing firm that is very inclusive. Work life balance is good and a friendly and accommodating workplace. Would recommend people to work here.
unfair lawyer ratio to secretary quite stressful environment - unflexible with childcare issues The same as working in a aCity law firm - busy, unfair work balance between secretaries
Excellent work-place and people are helpful. Was leading the Integration project, where-as integration of all microsoft application to third party application i.e. WorkSite(DMS), Interaction(CMS), Elite Financial, Process Master(Case management system) and reporting tools. Technical Lead/ Team leading team for new projects and enhancement.
Company undergoing new Administrative team structure and will be having new databases implemented in September. Lots of working practices undergoing review. Workplace culture - very sociable and great teams to work with Supportive colleagues Interesting incentives - Free Friday breakfast - social events such as trying out new hobbies/skills
I thoroughly enjoyed working at CRS as I was part of a great team. Due to relocation to Bristol to be closer to my family I would have stayed working at CRS.
Pros
Made good friends and enjoyed my role
Cons
I do not feel there are any cons
An amazing chance to see behind the scenes of one of London's Largest Law firms. I enjoyed the team I was working with immensely and absolutely loved my job role. I was supported by the management throughout the entire time I spent working there; I never felt intimidated or alone. The whole organisation had a friendly and welcoming feel, alongside sleek professionalism. The hardest part of the job was definitely having the get the central line in the middle of rush hour! The most enjoyable part was the team who I was working with. They made me feel at ease and welcome.
Very busy working environment, excellent business practice and working culture, excellent law firm, great rewards