Charles Taylor
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Charles Taylor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews

More of a number than a person.

Felt unappreciated and unsupported. Little to no regular contact with line manager and views rarely listened to. Concerns were seen as objections and opinions never sought.

Pros

Simply health cash plan and travel insurance

Cons

No respect from management, not treated as an individual

Good work life balance but poor management

Nice office place in London but not a great culture as senior management are very backdated and have team leaders wrap around their fingers from day one. Employee turn over is very high as people realise their mistake. Most importantly pay is well below market standards.

Cons

Poor salary offer, poor management

Insights into Charles Taylor

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Very nice place to work - everyone (bar a few) is very friendly and helpful. Can be stressful at times but then so can every job. Varied day to day work as dealing with different claims. Some people can be a bit rude but just stand your ground & stick up for yourself!

Demoralising, bullying and not supported.

This job is by far the worst I have ever experienced. Management are unapproachable when you have issues. Team leaders are bullying and micro manage. Controllers push the tasks of you having to take the abuse from angry customers. Your trained for 3 weeks and then told to do things in a way, They gossip about you and leaders speak to you in a condescending manner. This job is highly stressful and fast paced and there is no support (just gossip), my recommendation is to only work here if you are really desperate and need it as a stop gap. Just awful.

Productive and fun

Every day is different and I enjoy coming to work. I like the people I work with and go home happy . We have a lot to do at work and there is never a dull moment!

Medical Repatriation Team

Working in a big lonely office next to a pig farm, lots of flies in the summer, isolated from any shops or transportYou are given your job and shown ONCE how it works, after which you are pulled up by the managemenrt as soon as any goes wrong. No one to support you and you sit on an area of the office on your own and do the job.Stayed for 6 months and left, never will I return

Has the possibility to be a great company but doesn’t put staff first

Great perks with onsite gym/travel etc due to location.Immense pressure with no understand empathy from management.Company has no interest in work/home life balance.

Awful place to work!

If you like to be micro managed along with repetitiveness in your hard working day with little or no thanks and you are willing to put up with a lot for less than what you are worth then consider this! You are worthy of more so do yourself a favour and do not waste your time working for this unappreciative company who drain you of your energy and Resources. It's company is basically a 21st century sweat shop you will be worked as a battery hen!

Pros

None, not even a window than opens to let fresh air in.

Cons

Repetitive call centre work, dealing with rude individuals over the phone day in day out.

Extremely unfriendly and cold work environment

I worked at charles Taylor for an extremely small amount of time. After being there a day I knew I had made a mistake joining! They have a hot desk policy but everyone sits in the same seat everyday so as there wasn’t a seat for me around the area my team were I had to sit by myself away from the team. Not one person came over to speak to me and introduce themselves. Barely anyone smiles when they walk past. If you are looking for a warm welcoming company I can promise you that this is not a company you want to join.

Pros

Free toast every morning

Cons

Pay, unfriendly people, awful managers

If your face fits...

Promise you the moon on a stick when you at interview , dreamy offers of progression up through the charles taylor empire, promotion, career change ,additional training ect.The management on the claims floor act like a group of caring sharing older siblings, willing to help you navigate through the tricky world of travel claims, the controllers act like your best mate, laughter, fun and friendship is how it feels.The training month is okay to start with relaxed and chilled out, promising one feels. This is until that 1st day on the claims floor... All change please all change.No real help from anyone, school playground attitudes from apparently senior handlers , management not interested even when a customer demands to speak to one , they just get you to say and I quote " tell him there is no manager available". You are left to out to hang.If your face fits and management like you it seems you get given the slightly better roles and get to spend less time live on the phone, The issue is that they are not very good at hiding who they like and who they don't so if you have half a brain you will be able to work it out quite quickly, I did and frankly speaking things like that don't bother me and I didn't want to be friends with any of them to be honest.On the flip side, free tea and coffee, ice cream in the summer, a social club which is fun, the variety of work is ok though alot are quite repetitive, insentives such as most calls taken and you win 4 hours off work ect are quite good.Like I say if your face fits you could end up in a promising career if not .... Either -

Pros

Free tea and coffee, social club

Cons

Weekend working, poor management attitude z

Terrible Abusive incompetent inept management

This is the worst company I have ever worked for . I disclosed severe mental.hwalth problems at the outset and these were never taken into consideration, in fact I was treated with suspicion most of the time. Team management had no people skills and were quite bullying most of the time. If u got good compliments from customers management envied this and made things worse.even to the point of making up stuff about me. When I mentioned this to HR I was treated with an embarrassing level of incompetence. This place is a joke.

Pros

The exit

Cons

Management Dept heads bullying monitoring procedures damaging

Work Colleagues fun, management poor, no incentives to over perform

Work Colleagues fun, management poor, lacks direction, no incentives - to get max performance bonus of .005% have to excel. would not recommend, unappreciated. Over worked sometimes draconian work rules (no talking/laughing during work hours, breaks start instant you leave your chair so walking time to canteen comes out of your break time). If you always begin early but are late by a couple of minutes on one occasion you are expected to make up those minutes. Recommended a friend who got the job after I left (they were desperate for anything), felt very guilty about his working conditions.

Pros

Work colleagues

Cons

not appreciated for any extra effort either in thanks or salary.- taken full advantage of -

I felt discriminated, poor level of training

I have worked at CEGA and I loved the job but I cannot say the same thing about the rest of it like colleagues for example. Beside the fact that even the more experienced people than me, in there cannot advise you whilst on the phone with the customer, they talk behind your back about how you look, how you talk in one word: gossip office, probably this is their main responsibility. I was accused of being very rude to a customer and probably I shouldn't spoke the way I did but they didn't count in how stressed I was during that call because on training we were told one thing and in a real call it is different, non of the supervisors wanted to take the call for me as I was in a big difficulty. ( sorry but I cannot relate exactly the facts because of the confidentiality) Well, that was a warning for me, a couple of days after the call, a written one. I have admitted that it wasn't polite the way I conducted the call, I felt sorry and horrible for that call, I have apologized but this wasn't enough for them. Surprisingly, all of a sudden 2 of my colleagues, very "helpful", remembered, exactly at that moment, about a joke that I have told 2 months before and they were accusing me, in writing, of being racist. What a coincidence.... In my opinion they looked for something else to have a reason to do what they did. I never was and never will be a racist at all. They took my joke and turned it against me into racist speech which ended with my dismissal. What a great memory they have, to relate word by word what someone told them 2 months before...wow, well done guys.  -

Pros

Job itself

Cons

Environment, training, wage, attitude, the work place is too far from everything

Carrying out dictation work for Loss Adjusters.

Assisting Loss Adjusters, handling commerical/household property, liability claims between £2,500 to £1,000,000. Ensuring Loss Adjusters meet critial SLAs (service level agreements for key clients). A typical day would be doing dictation, answering main reception calls, filing, printing of emails, updating claims using the in-house software, diary entries of appointments in Outlook. Saving documents etc. on in-house filing job files (Sharep[oint), preparation and drafting up of invoices on a monthly basis. Work place was busy,

Interesting and versatile place to work at

Good team of people united to achieve desirable goals in business, friendly working environment, supportive management, good location, flexible working hours.

A pleasure to go to work

CEGA - friendly staff, classroom training, great perks, free parking, competitive salary, progression, shift work, incentives, training opportunities, and more besides. CEGA makes it a pleasure to come to work.

Customer Service Advisor

Not good for your mental health. Avoid.The management is poor and unsupportive. Training is good but not after the first four weeks. Not to be done in the long term.

Terrible company.

Absolutely the worst job I've ever had. The training is terrible then you are thrown on the phone with little or no help. Everyone is to stressed to help as well and on top of this youve really complicated travel claims to deal with. The hours are shocking and you're working late every other week and most weekends. You also have to do 6 day weeks and you never get the time back as promised. It really is an awful place so stay away!!+

Employee focused, progressive company

As a home worker, sadly I missed out on much of the key benefits of working for this company. But whenever I visited the offices, I was impressed by the general feeling of inclusivity, team spirit, an active social scene and overall sense of positivity. Standards are high though, so hard work and team effort is expected in return. A large company with, I imagine, lots of potential for professional growth.

Poor management/no progression

Poor management in this place unless your friendly and know people higher up as they only promote people they are friends with outside of work. Barely any chance to progress in this company if you do well or pay progression.the office is a place for a lot of gossip keep yourself to yourself unless you want your whole life talked about by everyone. Would avoid working for this company if you want to start a career

Did not like this company at all

I was taken on as a fee payer who had to be trained on the systems. Spent about a month with a guy who was very experienced. The systems were slow and kept bouncing out so I had to go back in and start again. I complained about this yet with in three months I was asked to leave. I was on a six month contract with them so they did pay me six weeks in advance however I felt I have not been listened to regarding system faults. Not a nice company at all. Ruthless.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charles Taylor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement