Charlie Bigham's

Insights into Charlie Bigham's

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness

Hit or miss

There is so much more room for improvement in this place by far, there is a massive lack of training and communication in this place! Management need to look actually step back and see the issues as they don’t know what there doing from all levels, there was one manager who actually seemed to know what he was doing but left and no wonder why what a shambles

Pros

Cheap food

Cons

Hectic

Bad management

Bad environment to work. Because there are too many differences between the departments and people .Unreliable and unsupportive management.

Brilliant training and benefits

Nice and friendly place to work, in great modern building with natural light surrounded by nature. Training is very professional and gives me a real opportunity to learn new skills. Management is very friendly and approachable and you are encoraged to feel part of the team.

Pros

Subsidised meals and free food to take home. Really nice friendly people

Cons

Fast paced and hard work

Supportive, welcoming, friendly, great benefits and can really build a career

From the first contact to arrange an interview my experience at Charlie Bighams has been fantastic. I have worked at many places in different industries over more than 30 years since leaving school and Bighams is the best by far.Subsidised meals, free take home fridge, great parties, an owner who really cares and makes sure his team do as well - the list could be longer!Highly recommend working here as you can opt for a shift that suits you best, earn premiums for doing lates or weekends and if you want can develop a career supported by the massive amount of training that is made available

Pros

Cafe, free meals to take home, training, support, bonuses, pay

Excellent training and benefits. A company that looks like it's growing.

This is a good place to work: a good team and nice culture. There is a good level of training provided. The days can be long but you get regular breaks (which are paid)

Pros

Lunch costs £1. Free food to take home. Nice people.

Cons

Can be hard work

Production

Busy place but good working environment. Good team around and cheap food in the cafe. Could do with bit more stability as lot of new people around but overall good place to be in.

Pros

Food, people, excellent shift patterns

Cons

Could be busy

An great place to work - much improved

Bigham's has changed it's shifts and pay structure, which is much better for the team. They've started training managers and really looked after people through the pandemic.

Pros

Cafe. free food

Cons

You need a car, or a bike

Avoid at all costs

Terrible management, operations team have a jolly most of the day and don't care about the actual workers, we are just numbers to them.Shift managers aren't much better, they cover up problems instead of solving them. Most of the people can't understand you and insult you behind your back.People advance to management when they can't even manage themselves Just avoid this place at all costs

Pros

Cons

Terrible people skills

Fun work place

Best company with best people. Everyone it's nice.its a good chalange for everyone who works for Charlie Bighams . I would definitely recommend this to my friends or to someone else.

Pros

Free lunches

Fast paced and productive environment

You have to ask the workers to speak English..since they speak only their language.Very often you feel discriminated if you are from other country,not all the workers are nice and friendly with you.Many times they tell you to do things..and after they say you do wrong..so you'll have problem with the team leader.Many people left from this job because of that.If you are not Indian-Goa...it's difficult to find your place there..you feel marginalized.The good thing is that the company has a cantine with fresh hot food just what you need after the cold in the production area.The old manager was very polite with everybody no matter of nationality,and always opened for suggestions.

Pros

Inside cantine with fresh cooked hot food

Cons

Felt discrimination

Cook

This place was a shambles. Nobody speaks clear English. the training is garbage. a lot of toxic colleges and just a really bad place to work. Stay away.

Pros

Nice view

Cons

Working there

packing

How to start?The black sheep in there come as a"GINGER".The "PIN HEAD" told us in the meeting about the corona virus we should keep the 2 meters apart.got downgrade because i did not keep my training when i have to be close to people 20 inches to have training Did not make sense to me. Felt very bad in there.I left the job in there because i was feeling descriminited.Horrible place to work for But the good news are if you are a licker,yesman,or a puppy this is the right place for you i have seen people become SHIFT MANEGERS in one day without any qualifications thats why its so many accidents in there. Most managers dont have any qualifications what its very bad for a company selling premium products like the PIN HEAD said Childish place no union just migrants workers being slaves

Cons

you have to pay for your lunch BUT take 15 mnts to go up and down

First bad experience in this company

They treat workers like dogs n the management is not well organised I recommend not to apply in Charlie Bigham, There are so many food companies but this 👎

It's getting to be a great place to work

Most reviews giving poor feedback are from when the site had just opened and everything was chaos. Lots more staff sticking around now, bonuses being achieved more often than not, and management listening to operatives more. It's not perfect but it's getting better

Pros

Bonus, cheap meals, team nights out, good people

Like Disneyland

Too many So-called people in charge to really people who can’t speak a word of bloody English even in the Metro set a English test if the management in the workforce as good as the product it be a brilliant place to work but sadly it’s not the case

Pros

Free fridge

Cons

Bad management

About the Best Place to Work and Learn

This is about the best Company to work for. There is a great opportunity for one to Learn, Grow, and Develop a career. I joined the company from a teaching background as an Operative. I thought I will just be there for a few months and go back to Teaching. Behold, I got stuck in a nice way. Nice and helpful Team mates, enough training and best practices. I stayed for 10 solid years moving up the scale from Base Operative, Assistant Team Leader, Team Leader, Assistant Manager and Team Manager Positions. A lot was learnt. Since Leaving Charlie Bighams less than 2 years ago, I have had 2 other jobs and none of them compares with Bighams. And the good thing is that once you tell prospective employers you worked in Charlie Bighams, they pay more attention to you. The name "Charlie Bighams" is more of opportunities door opener. I would not know how staff are being treated in their new Factory in Wells, but we were well looked after in London. My wife still remembers the yearly family Summer Parties. I will definitely recommend that place as a place fit for working and will gladly go back there at certain stage of my career if what matches my ambition comes up.

Disorder everywhere

You can see this disorder everywhere, assembly section is good, culture of work and people are nice, but packing and managment section dont know what happen in company, they have so nice canteen, you can eat really good dinner for nice price.

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Disorder

Production

I enjoy to work there but the only problem there is the menerger never don't listen and every time don't pay normal money, every month they stop for my payment money and after the make repayments I pay again tax what is not fair

Cons

Long hours less money

Hard work

People in the offices get treated like kings and queens weekends off and bank holidays off whilst the kitchen staff get treated like slaves and get spoken to like dogs. Office staff get massive 4 figure bonuses whilst the people downstairs who do all the hard work get littery nothing. Useless teamleaders who dont have a clue and will always blame someone else if things go wrong. Always moving the goal posts and lack of communication between management. Charlie please read this review.

Pros

Free food now and again

Cons

Bad managers

Fantastic place to work

Worked in production under a fantastic management team friendly faces whenever you walk in the door making a fantastic product. I think there is lots of room for growth

nightmare factory

OMG.... Really if it were my good name.. Mr Charlie Bigham.. I would look at your support team and get rid of most of them as they are lazy and incompetent. 300 plus staff turn over in less than a year.. speaks for it's self. there is a major problem. if youvare in with the click and enjoy standing in the canteen looking down on the hard workers making rude remarks.. then hey its great... management total lacking, states its not a blame culture. . witch hunt definitely. people person can't keep things in confidence , manager's don't manage . no constancy, one rule of one and another rule another depending on who you are. speak up and point out failures and you are out the door... fall out of Grace and you are out the door.. have an opinions you are out the door.....

Pros

ran as fast as you can in the opposite direction

Cons

every thing there us more to life than subsist lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie Bigham's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Charlie Bigham's with

Charlie Bigham's Reviews by Location

• Charlie Bigham's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?