Charlie Bigham's

United Kingdom49 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Great Place to Work

Since i ha e started working here, that is 4 and a half, years ago, i progresed in my career very nice, and this is because i have received all the trainings and backing from my managers to help me acheieve this goal. Friendly environment, with free take home meals as a bonus and cheap meals in the canteen. I would recommend everybody to take this job because the sky is the limit, and the management team is here to help you whenever you need.

Pros

Free meals, good salary, nice shifts available

Cons

Supportive, welcoming, friendly, great benefits and can really build a career

From the first contact to arrange an interview my experience at Charlie Bighams has been fantastic. I have worked at many places in different industries over more than 30 years since leaving school and Bighams is the best by far.Subsidised meals, free take home fridge, great parties, an owner who really cares and makes sure his team do as well - the list could be longer!Highly recommend working here as you can opt for a shift that suits you best, earn premiums for doing lates or weekends and if you want can develop a career supported by the massive amount of training that is made available

Pros

Cafe, free meals to take home, training, support, bonuses, pay

Excellent training and benefits. A company that looks like it's growing.

This is a good place to work: a good team and nice culture. There is a good level of training provided. The days can be long but you get regular breaks (which are paid)

Pros

Lunch costs £1. Free food to take home. Nice people.

Cons

Can be hard work

Production

Busy place but good working environment. Good team around and cheap food in the cafe. Could do with bit more stability as lot of new people around but overall good place to be in.

Pros

Food, people, excellent shift patterns

Cons

Could be busy

An great place to work - much improved

Bigham's has changed it's shifts and pay structure, which is much better for the team. They've started training managers and really looked after people through the pandemic.

Pros

Cafe. free food

Cons

You need a car, or a bike

Fun work place

Best company with best people. Everyone it's nice.its a good chalange for everyone who works for Charlie Bighams . I would definitely recommend this to my friends or to someone else.

Pros

Free lunches

Production

I enjoy to work there but the only problem there is the menerger never don't listen and every time don't pay normal money, every month they stop for my payment money and after the make repayments I pay again tax what is not fair

Cons

Long hours less money

Hygiene Team Member

Great place to work with lot of opportunities around. People and management are very friendly and helpful. Excellent food in staff canteen and benefits for the employees.

Pros

Subsidised cafe, free take home meals, development

Poor

Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to..... take care of your employees and they will take care of your business “just say how it is” or “simple as it is” best advice given for this FACTORY the reason for me writing this review is because it gets monitored by management and Charlie bigham himself and management are offended by the fact the truth comes out on here any normal run company would have seen these reviews and done something about it instead of complaining about the bad reviews. When Charlie himself comes to the FACTORY management tell him everything he wants to hear I personally think that they need to look at themselves to why they don’t meet there goals they want to achieve. You are never treated fairly if your face fits then you are safe but if it does not you won’t get know where here we get treated like little children at nursery with a little passport (stamp/sticker book) for being a good little boy/girl which are rearly given out only if you are a favourite and teams are taken out for a night out for a excuse for management to get drunk. It is frowned apon if you call this place a FACTORY and not a kitchen management do sit on there behinds don’t help they only do something when it goes wrong and that’s when you see them even though it’s there fault for not putting training plans for people so it’s like being at school they expect high standards and no mistakes we are human mistakes are made no matter what happens you will not always get it right things go wrong that’s life but they don’t seem to understand -

Pros

Made some good friends

Bad place to work

Hectic disorganised chaotic working environment caused by bad management. Language barrier can be a problem. General overall environment not a good place to workNever get you overtime or bonus paid and they work it out to be that you owe them overtime.They threaten you with your job if you don't agree to overtime.A soul destroying place to work at times.

Love this job

Get your self to this place amazing job and benefits ...great people that work there..I worked hard there but didn’t work to my fall pretenaul..get job there soon as you can as you would miss out and regret getting job there..I miss Charlie bighams

Pros

Food in cafe is great

Cons

That I left Charlie bighams

Productive & non monotonus workplace

-Good place to work -good benefits -amazing colleagues -learnt management -physicality is very demanding -very friendly co-workers -most enjoyable part of the job is that everyone is treated equally

Pros

monthly bonuses

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlie Bigham's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

Compare Charlie Bigham's with

Charlie Bigham's Reviews by Location

• Charlie Bigham's
  • Pay & benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?