CHARTWELL TRUST CARE

CHARTWELL TRUST CARE Employee Reviews

No one day is the same, on some days there are challenges but the work environment is enabling, there are opportunities for training and career progression. The wellbeing of service users is at the heart of the service and care that is given to them.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Upper management are very unprofessional and foul mouthed.Wages are never right and when you ask for them to be corrected you're spoken to like rubbish by the management.Staff scared of losing their jobs as seeing others probation being ended for no reason and not offered any help if they are struggling like with all the extra hours they want you to do . If your face don't fit they get rid of you in a heartbeat The heating or hot water never seemed to work in the home where I worked, and residents were wearing hats and coats in their roons and couldn't shower even after the boiler was supposedly fixed by the handyman there Staff morale low as pushed to breaking point.Glad to be out as worst place I have ever worked. Avoid this organisation as its soul destroying.
Pros
Cons
Everything, Avoid!
Pulled from pillar to post, don't know if you are coming or going. The management are appalling and if your face does not fit or you are not best mates with the Head of operation you are done for. Mistake after mistake is made and covered up and brushed over. Majority of the homes are in bad repair and not looked after.Avoid at all costs!!
Badly managed. Wages are a joke as never right. Long working hours, however I knew this when I started.Do not rely on being there long before they get rid of you with their excuses.
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
The management at Chartwell are an absolute joke, two faced and corrupt , not a people’s person company at all given it being a care company, if your face don’t fit in there little click your out the door.
Really enjoyed my time working here. The training we received when I started was amazing and helped me so much when I started in the role. My manager and team leader I found supportive and helpful and could always be contacted.
Pros
Variation of people work with
Cons
Chartwell Trust supports adults with mild to severe learning disabilities, mental health issues and challenging behaviour, therefore some shifts can be challenging but not in a negative way, it means we get to utilise the skills we have been trained in, in order to support individuals to live their life as independently as possible, there is ample staff to support service users, ie there is 1;1 support for many service users, not like some care homes that have 3 staff for many individuals. The hours can be long (long days are available) but that is through our choice, we are never forced to work long hours, as I've stated above I genuinely look forward to going to work and don't mind the hours at all!! This is the first job I've worked at that I don't clock watch and I miss being there when I have time off!I joined Chartwell as a support worker with no intention of changing that but I was actively encouraged to become a Senior then a Team Leader, I was also given the opportunity to become a Trainer, which has given me confidence, I would never have been able to stand up in front of a classroom full of strangers and deliver training, Chartwell has enabled me to fulfil this goal. I thoroughly enjoy my role as a Team Leader and Trainer. I get a huge amount of support from my Deputy Manager, Manager, fellow Team Leaders/Seniors and Head of Operations. From my experience over the few years I've worked for Chartwell the staff are friendly and approachable, we are one big team!! any workplace will have staffing issues but they are quickly rectified, to encourage a positive working - more...
Pros
Friendly, welcoming, a great place to work!
Cons
I have been at Chartwell for 6 months now and it can be Challenging but it is all worth while. They have career progression and you can get quite far in a short space of time. I have had no issues with my manager. Yes it can be stressful but all care jobs are and you really do make a difference and get rewarded for it.
Pros
Carer development, servicer users are happy
Cons
when doing long days it can be tiring
Chartwell have been a lovely company to work for so far. I have advanced my career and completed many qualifications and have advanced through the career paths.Pay is fair and certainly not the worst in the care industry either. Our service users are fantastic and through Chartwell I have worked in residential homes and supported living all over the county. When I have had personal issues Chartwell and the upper management have been fantastic at supporting me and giving me the time needed including days off at short notice.Every day is different and job satisfaction is high
Pros
Service users and team spirit
Cons
Long hours at times and would be better if shifts were split 12 and 12 rather than 10 and 14
Nice friendly staff apart form the odd one. Service users are cared for and receive excellent support. Management team are always on stand by and regularly visit the homes. Training was face to face and indepth.
Pros
Caring and supportive management
Cons
Can be long hours, some service users can be challenging to work with.
Chartwell Head Office has a very friendly atmosphere. The staff and management are always on hand to answer any questions. The work place is relaxed. Theres a smart casual dress code Mon-Thur with a dress down day on Fridays.
Pros
Good work/life balance, friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Great company to work for, very easy to get hold of if i have any queries. Joined and placed into a job within a few weeks, staff are very friendly and helpful and we work together as a team, management are very approachable and always help and advise. Residents are very well looked after and the homes are clean and tidy. All the training is provided to a high standard and a full induction is given.
Pros
Seeing the service users happy
Cons
The job can be demanding sometimes
I have been working for Chartwell for a few months and its a really nice place to work. The staff at the homes are really nice and work well as a team. Head officer are supportive and friendly. Service users are the best part of working for Chartwell and they make my job worth while. The pay is good, if you have an NVQ qualification you are paid more.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Long hours can be challenging
Having worked in my previous role for some time, I was apprehensive to start anew, particularly after seeing some unfavourable reviews.However, my first month has proved to myself that I have made the right decision. I have hit the ground running, with excellent support from my managers and peers, without ridiculous expectations from the get-go, allowing myself to find my feet and get to know the companies policies and procedures.I felt valued from day 1, and I have been given all the resources I need to be able to meet the requirements of my job role. The communication within Chartwell has been far more efficient than I have found in previous roles, with the general feeling of a humanising approach.I am looking forward to continuing being apart of the fantastic care workers learning and development for hopefully many years to come
Pros
Sense of feeling valued, resources required available, huge amounts of potential
Cons
None known
I can honestly say that taking the position here was exactly the right move for me. I work with great people and I have been given everything I need to do my job properly.
Pros
Great team, great work ethic
Cons
nothing
I am new to the business but it definitely worth joining the business. There is a variety of people and the team ethic is excellent. It has to be said this is not your average company but there is trust and value to what you are doing. The nature of the business means there is challenges to the working day but it is nothing that can't be supported.The work is done in a flexible nature and the done with a family orientated.
Pros
Family culture
Cons
none that I have experienced.
Ii have worked for this company for nearly 17 months, and have worked in a majority of the homes around Leicester, and each home has been a pleasure and enjoyable experience, supporting and caring for service users daily needs and supporting them on a daily basis to be independent, i am based in one of the homes in Leicester, which has a friendly and positive atmosphere, staffing teams work to a high standards, CQC report is of Good rating, Food Hygiene a score of 5*, the home is clean to a high standard, this is down to the staffing ensuring the service users live in a clean environment. Management are very supportive in all aspects and are always available for you to communicate with. the most enjoyable part of this job, is seeing the service users happy and healthy on a daily basis, and working alongside a great team within the home.
Pros
seeing the service users happy and healthy, employee of the month, support from higher management.
I have been with Chartwell now for nearly 10 weeks and absolutely love my new job. My work is varied and the service users keep me really busy. We have loads of flexibility of what we can do with the service users and because of this most of the time my work is fun.My Team Leader supports me and ensures that I get feedback on how I am doing and they have also trained me on how best to diffuse challenging behaviours which has given me more confidence.I am looking forward to enrolling onto my Level 2 Health & Social Care which after completion will mean I get an increase.So far, I cant speak highly enough of my experience.
Pros
Work with a variety of different people in a supported environment
Cons
On the odd occasion the service users don't want to engage and do much.
Made redundant a month before minimum time to get redundancy money. Said company didn’t warrant a caretaker once I had completed all decoration and garden make over apart fr every day running of maintenance. Then they started using outside contractors paying them mega money.
Pros
Worthwhile job doing something for the customers.
Cons
Diabolical company.Naver knowing what they are doing.Only in it for profit.
The management is appalling! They do not care about you, when talking to them about any issues you have or when your looking for support they Do not care about you at all! Introduction was poor as-well as the training. Personally they got rid of me due to suffering with anxiety they tried to sugarcoat it but that is 100% why, and instead of supporting me and helping me they got rid of me because In other words its easier for them. The only pro to working there is the residents, once you know the residents and their routine they are a dream to support. They are rubbish when it comes to paying staff wages, 99% of the time they underpay you. Only a few Staff members are lovely and will help you if you need any guidance but also there is some staff who are forever slating other staff members and also everyone is in everyone’s business. Some advice for future employees, please please make sure you have a good support system outside of work coz the management will not care and only ever look out for yourself and make sure your doing your job effectively and don’t worry about anyone else.
Pros
The residents/ most staff
Cons
Not paid enough/ management
I worked in one of the supported living units and all I can say is that if you value your mental health and physical well being, then avoid this company at all cost. I had been with Chartwell for a number of years and I have never worked for a company like them and don't know where to start. Recently a new team of supported living managers had started and this has seen a lot of old staff leave due to the new managers being very difficult to work with. The staff teams are worked to the bone and if you complain you are told like it or lump it and if anyone makes an objection then you are simply told 'it's in your contract'. Managers appear to not want to engage with staff positively or resolve issues. They seem to not care about the staff teams, and the only time you hear from them is when something bad happens and never to say thank you for all your hard work. They also take on very very challenging service users, which they don't state at interview and this means you can be injured frequently whilst on shift. With one lady quite recently being seriously hospitalised due to a service users highly challenging behaviour. Staff turnover is also very high and they use lots of agency workers to fill the gaps. This means that somedays, there will be more agency on shift than regular staff, which makes for very difficult shifts, due to the agency staff not having sufficient experience with the service users. The Rotas are terrible and usually come out wrong and need to be amended a few times before they are correct. It is also quite common to get next month's rota a day - more...
Pros
Cons
Very challenging service users, wages always wrong, terrible managers.