Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews for Receptionist

I worked in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and at its previous location the old Westminster Hospital for around 20 years. It was fast paced, challenging, constantly varied with lots of contact with the public which I loved and an opportunity to work with a wide range of colleages. For me, never a dull moment and although at times very pressurised, I enjoyed it and would love to be back in the healthcare environment again.
Pros
Varied and interesting with good opportunities for career advancement
Cons
Could be extremely demanding and often you put in a lot more hours than you would ever be paid for.
Checking in patients. Creating and locating case notes, Registering patients, Meet and greet patients and other members of staff. I learned how to manage difficult people, the hardest part of all was locating missing files.
Pros
Meet alot of people
Cons
Needs varied tasks.
in the morning, prepping sets of notes of consultants to use in clinic. In the afternoon; booking , rescheduling appointments and answering all telephone queries or sitting clinic reception. I learned a lot about all aspects of medical administration, dealing with complaints also worked independently and as part of a team. As well as training new colleagues and learning from experienced ones. The hardest part of the job is to deal with angry patients due to long waiting times: clinics often run really late. My secret is too always remain polite and nice to patients. I often offer hot drinks or water. The most enjoyable part of the job is when patients or doctors recognize my efforts verbally or by offering me presents. some people also say hello outside the hospital and are very nice.
Pros
free drinks offered by doctors
Cons
carrying heavy notes to clinics