Cheshire West & Chester

Cheshire West & Chester Employee Reviews

United Kingdom91 reviews

westsupportmeetingtrainingstaffskillyearteam

Good for long term

Decent org, gov org therefore longevity in the role and job satisfaction. Good benfots and opportunities for learning and development plus training Good opportunities to make friends

cleaner

really good, working in a school. fair pay and time goes fast. People I work with are really nice. friendly teachers and management is good. there is always something to do to keep you busy

Cons

unpaid break

Insights into Cheshire West & Chester

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Council Job

Started through a Chester based recruitment agency. Began with some data entry of invoices onto their bespoke systems.Was later switched onto another team of 11 people, got very little support from the supervisor & the majority of the team. There was only 1 person on the team that gave me respect & dignity!During my last few weeks of employment, was filing a lot of paperwork, but that soon dried up.My hours were flexible, and the pay was weekly through the agency.Unfortunately, there were too many clicks in the department, and if they didn't like you, they tried their best to get rid of you!

Not worth the bother

Council is full of older women in their 50s and 60s who look down on younger people and make you feel like you're out to steal their jobs when all you're there for is a chance to work and do your best! An office full of old bitter women is making the place such an unhappy atmosphere!

Pros

Kitchen to make your lunch.

Cons

Disrespected, unhappy atmosphere.

You meet a variety of people working for a big and stable organization

The work and people were generally very good. As you'd expect from a public sector organization, things were generally well-organized and employees were respected. There are a lot of council-wide training requirements which I found interesting but some people might find frustrating.My post was part-time and there's a fortnightly rota so that you work alternate Saturdays and the evenings were shared out. I would have liked to increase my hours to full time even if this meant working every weekend/evening, but the way the rotas were structured meant this couldn't be done. It might have been intended to make life easier for parents, but it was a disadvantage for me.

The very worst place to work in Cheshire

Absolutely hated CWAC from the very beginning. No understanding, no encouragement, poor management whose experience in the work we were doing was non existent. I was micro managed to the point of mental abuse and never trusted by my line manager who was completely driven by the business and targets, not the hands on work with vulnerable people!

Pros

Absolutely none.

Cons

Micro managed, poor support and management experience unless you made a mistake, then you were felt to feel inferior.

Childminder under Cheshire West and Chester

No support from the council for the past 6 years or no, hardly any training that fits the times childminders can attend. Very disappointing after all the support in the early years.

Good Council to work for

Worked for CWCC for 7 years now, ok salary and good work benefits such as sick pay and access to health services (physiotherapist, mental health support) if needed.Also have a pension scheme which is secure.I have had no problems working here I would recommend the company

Loved working for Cheshire west and Chester council it was a shame the place I worked closed down the staff and management were there for me if I had any problems I felt I could talk to anyone in my place of work it was like a big happy family

Poor management and supervision

A very stressful work environment, common to perform tasks well above pay grade with no or minimal supervision and little support if things went wrong. Management weak and supervision poor

Pros

Enjoyed working in City centre.

Cons

Long hours, a lot of work and responsibility without pay and poor supervision

Really Enjoyable

Could not have found a better team of people to work with, although covid restrictions, restricted contact, hellos and waves were part of everyday life.Management was excellent, which kept moral high during the most trying times.

Pros

subsidised meals, reasonable breaks, uniform.

Cons

It was a temporary contract.

Health care

Very good worked for company for nearly 14 years in the community for health care the company always looked after staff an paid well. Managers approachable

Family support worker

Worked for Cheshire West for over 10 years. Mixed reviews about working here colleagues helpful and supportive. Most management unsupportive and found the work distressing and beyond pay grade. Unless you are very resilient, wouldn’t recommend

Pros

Pay pension

Cons

Poor employee support

Great company

I enjoyed my time working for this company as a mid day assistant in a primary school in ellesmere port. I was made to feel welcome. I learned alot from the staff at the school and attended training courses.

Allways change management

Quite a stressful job as a supervisor and highly competative. Seems to restructure every 3 years. Why try and fix something if its not broken. Frustration at times but overall a good employer. Training is good and benefits are excellent.

Loved job

Excellent place, however there were lots of redundancies during my time there which caused tension and uncertainty within the workforce. However the council is forward thinking and looks to retain the workforce

I think CWAC is a great place to work at. Plenty of training, well equipped staff and ability to work from home. Main issue is that people who worked for years for CWAC do not appreciate how well looked after they are. I have worked for other authorities and can definitely confirm that CWAC is very caring and also wealthy authority.

Friendly and helpful staff ! Not bad pay and generous holiday entitlements. Scope for promotion . Help and support with problem solving . Enjoyable experience.

love my job

they're so kind and friendly I would recommend to my friends I'm working here since 2006 very enjoyable children are lovely and I love my cleaning job

Average

I didn't have much to do with the council, as I worked in a school. However, funding wasn't great and the moral of the staff about the council set up was sometimes low.

Worked for CWAC for over 20 years - walked away head held high

Do not bother, no support, no help, no work life balance, senior management happy to ignore bullying despite the best that HR could chuck at it. Very large work load, working environment toxic, whole department moved offices 4 time within the same year in the same building.

Pros

well paid

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheshire West & Chester. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement