Cheshire West and Chester Council

Cheshire West and Chester Council Employee Reviews

Worked for Cheshire West for over 10 years. Mixed reviews about working here colleagues helpful and supportive. Most management unsupportive and found the work distressing and beyond pay grade. Unless you are very resilient, wouldn’t recommend
Pros
Pay pension
Cons
Poor employee support
Quite a stressful job as a supervisor and highly competative. Seems to restructure every 3 years. Why try and fix something if its not broken. Frustration at times but overall a good employer. Training is good and benefits are excellent.
Excellent place, however there were lots of redundancies during my time there which caused tension and uncertainty within the workforce. However the council is forward thinking and looks to retain the workforce
I think CWAC is a great place to work at. Plenty of training, well equipped staff and ability to work from home. Main issue is that people who worked for years for CWAC do not appreciate how well looked after they are. I have worked for other authorities and can definitely confirm that CWAC is very caring and also wealthy authority.
I didn't have much to do with the council, as I worked in a school. However, funding wasn't great and the moral of the staff about the council set up was sometimes low.
Do not bother, no support, no help, no work life balance, senior management happy to ignore bullying despite the best that HR could chuck at it. Very large work load, working environment toxic, whole department moved offices 4 time within the same year in the same building.
Pros
well paid
Cons
everything else
Have worked for CWAC for many years, lots of changes & cuts more recently. No career progression opportunities, office facilities are run down, management is not consistent and some don’t appear to have much experience or training
Pros
Contractual benefits, flexible working
Cons
Lack of career progression opportunities
Great place to be if you are happy to work in an office with little progression available. There is limited scope for any professionals development compared to other authorities I have worked in.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
lack of progression
Many good times, made some good friends, lots of benefits, flexible mobile working and Some days working from home, Lot of training available for new skills.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
Moved base to Chester so lots of traveling
Fanatstic people in an amzaing enviroment. All team members are focused and striving to achieve the same goal. A perfect working palce. Nothing more to say....
Cons
Recent changes has made this a difficult workplace 5 Managers in 3 years Constant change in direction and leadership creates challenges Great team who are experienced and skilled
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Too many changes lack of leadership
Great and helpful staff I was able to 'travel' between departments so I knew what each department does 1 hour lunch break Great location in the town centre
Great schemes for younger individual development. Good experiences and mentoring available, actively ensure that those that one to progress are given the opportunity to do so.
Every day involved meeting a variety of different people, requiring direction for job searching. Daily input of client records combined with reception duties and general clerical duties.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Variable workload
Great team and friendly members of staff. Great place to work and very professional. I have learned that I need to prioritise tasks. The management team are great under pressure, great at handling issues in the work place and great to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as team and learning things.
The emphasis on multi agency response to need was good, with some very positive results for families. Staff within the service received appropriate training to support their roles, and there were good policies and procedures in place. The staff within the service were extremely dedicated and focused on positive outcomes for staff. The culture was one of mutual respect and support.
Pros
Excellent training provided to staff, and a supportive management structure.
Cons
Too many targets to meet that impacted at times on priorities.
The experience with Cheshire West and Chester Council is great. The staff are nice, the work is easily understood and done. I have learned new things while working there and thoroughly enjoy it.
Pros
Nice staff.
Cons
None.
This is a great company to work for and I have very fond memories of being a part of this organisation. I made a lot of great friends in colleagues and managers as well as people outside of this company.
The best part of the job was meeting new customers. The managers were too busy and always changing the rules. The offices were run down and the computers were slow and out of date. The hours were flexible and pay average.
Cons
Terrible old fashioned and run down office accommodation and old computers
In a typical day I would complete home visits, complete assessments and direct work with children. Love working with children and their families in their homes or schools. I worked in a very busy child in need team with amazing members of staff. Work life balance was challenge and sometimes the pressure and expectations put on newly qualified staff was unrealistic and unfair.
Pros
Working with children and families.
Cons
Management attitudes towards newly qualified staff.
Worked for Cheshire west and Chester for many years now. The hours are good and my manager is very good and understanding. I have learnt alot about mental health and have been able to progress in my career due to this.