Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

Friendly Staff

Volunteering at this place was very welcoming and friendly. The staff would help you if you needed it. I was able to brake my boundries of shyness and become more comfortable in working and communicating with customers and other members of the team and staff.

Very Productive and Fun

Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland, Carluke Branch while new, is an absolutely brillant place to work at, even if it is just for Volunteering! A typical day is always busy, and you are always on the move, finishing any given task at any time. Either it be; working in the back, out front, behind the till, or helping customers. There is never a dull moment! I am currently still getting training while Volunteering, but so far I have learned: - Tagging and Hanging, - Steaming/Pressing Clothes, - Pricing Clothes and other stuff for Sale, - Serving Customers on the Till, - Restocking and Reorganizing the Store throughout the Day, - Culling Items. Though I am currently still learning about the Till, and will be getting the final part of the training soon. The management at CH&S is great! The managers are lovely and happy to help anyone out, and get stuck into doing the work too. I cannot fault them at all. Everyone who works there is so friendly, and there is never been an issue even once during my time with them so far. These shops are places I gladly reccomend if someone is look for part-time volunteering work. The hardest part, like any other job, was adjusting to how this shop is run; but thankful it has been a easy process. And the most enjoyable part of the job, has just been everything! I literally cannot say anything bad about the branch I am volunteering at!

Pros

Covered Lunches, Great Work Colleges

Cons

Hour Adjustment in the Beginning
Same role

good

it is a fun place to work with great staff who support their volunteers and staff. Volunteer have the ability to develop in different areas of the shop.

Pros

ability to adapt

Cons

no benefits
Same role

Rewarding and fun place to work

I am currently working as a volunteer at Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland. There are some negatives such as the basement is very cramped and taking donations down can prove tricky, especially if its in boxes. I am really enjoying working there as there are many benefits such as meeting new people. I sort through donations, those that are worse for wear are recycled which I believe is amazing. Good quality stock I tag, hang and steam in order for pricing. Then stock gets displayed on the shop floor. I particularlly like the opportunity to serve customers, taking payments. Its very good when donaters accept to gift aid their donation as in every sale of their donated item, in every ÂŁ1, 25p is contributed towards the shop.

Pros

meeting new people and working on the shop floor

Cons

basement small and cramped
  • Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland