Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

Fun working place to work and great experience.

A typical day at the Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland I help would help out in the shop by making sure everything was in the right place and nicely displayed. I also helped at the till and helped customers look for what they wanted. I learned a lot about working in a shop and how to work the till and how to display products. My co- workers and managment were all really nice and kind and welcoming when I first started. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to customers and work at the front of the shop.

Pros

fun and great experince as well as nice co-workers

Cons

sometimes at to work in the back unable to interact with customers

3.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Good fun environment, proving a broad range of activities and tasks

2014 May – August Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland – Linlithgow A typical day in Customer Services Welcoming and assisting customers Customer service and sales service Keeping the rails and shelves tidy I learned Stock control & Operating the till I developed my management skills when I was operating stock control, as I was responsible for managing all aspects of inventory control, which involved supervising a member of staff in this area. I had a good rapport with my co workers, being a committed and dedicated team player. working together as a team in order to best get the job done and providing best possible customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and en devouring to provide the best possible customer service and experience, and culminating in a sale.

Poor training, support and culture of bullying

unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .

Pros

fairly easy job

Cons

poor support and toxic culture

Overall a lovely job

The “politics” in every job will be different but if you get a good manager, or you are that good manager and you build a nurture a strong team, this is a great place to work . There are targets to try and meet and it’s a shame that they have closed (way before Covid) all the little shops and chose to focus on huge ones. Even though, it was a fascinating and fun job and I still miss the gang in Kirkcaldy

Pros

Later starts in the morning, fun place

Cons

Requirements from HO, and constantly changing policies and procedures.
  • Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
  • Fun working place to work and great experience.