Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

good

it is a fun place to work with great staff who support their volunteers and staff. Volunteer have the ability to develop in different areas of the shop.

Pros

ability to adapt

Cons

no benefits

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Friendly Staff

Volunteering at this place was very welcoming and friendly. The staff would help you if you needed it. I was able to brake my boundries of shyness and become more comfortable in working and communicating with customers and other members of the team and staff.
Same role

Very Productive and Fun

Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland, Carluke Branch while new, is an absolutely brillant place to work at, even if it is just for Volunteering! A typical day is always busy, and you are always on the move, finishing any given task at any time. Either it be; working in the back, out front, behind the till, or helping customers. There is never a dull moment! I am currently still getting training while Volunteering, but so far I have learned: - Tagging and Hanging, - Steaming/Pressing Clothes, - Pricing Clothes and other stuff for Sale, - Serving Customers on the Till, - Restocking and Reorganizing the Store throughout the Day, - Culling Items. Though I am currently still learning about the Till, and will be getting the final part of the training soon. The management at CH&S is great! The managers are lovely and happy to help anyone out, and get stuck into doing the work too. I cannot fault them at all. Everyone who works there is so friendly, and there is never been an issue even once during my time with them so far. These shops are places I gladly reccomend if someone is look for part-time volunteering work. The hardest part, like any other job, was adjusting to how this shop is run; but thankful it has been a easy process. And the most enjoyable part of the job, has just been everything! I literally cannot say anything bad about the branch I am volunteering at!

Pros

Covered Lunches, Great Work Colleges

Cons

Hour Adjustment in the Beginning
Same location

Overall a lovely job

The “politics” in every job will be different but if you get a good manager, or you are that good manager and you build a nurture a strong team, this is a great place to work . There are targets to try and meet and it’s a shame that they have closed (way before Covid) all the little shops and chose to focus on huge ones. Even though, it was a fascinating and fun job and I still miss the gang in Kirkcaldy

Pros

Later starts in the morning, fun place

Cons

Requirements from HO, and constantly changing policies and procedures.