Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

Hard work but really good to manage volunteers

Most enjoyable part of this job was to manage a great helpful and varied group of volunteers. Least favourite part of job was lots of lifting and moving of stock & donations in a small stockroom space with demands on physical energy at times.

3.0Job security/advancement

Same location

volunteer

fun place to work and there were many different things to do within the day flexible timing the management and staff were really friendly gained retail skills
Same location

Rewarding and fun place to work

I am currently working as a volunteer at Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland. There are some negatives such as the basement is very cramped and taking donations down can prove tricky, especially if its in boxes. I am really enjoying working there as there are many benefits such as meeting new people. I sort through donations, those that are worse for wear are recycled which I believe is amazing. Good quality stock I tag, hang and steam in order for pricing. Then stock gets displayed on the shop floor. I particularlly like the opportunity to serve customers, taking payments. Its very good when donaters accept to gift aid their donation as in every sale of their donated item, in every ÂŁ1, 25p is contributed towards the shop.

Pros

meeting new people and working on the shop floor

Cons

basement small and cramped

Poor training, support and culture of bullying

unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .

Pros

fairly easy job

Cons

poor support and toxic culture
  • Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
  • Hard work but really good to manage volunteers