Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

productive workplace

A typical day at work is very enjoyable at CHSS, some days it can be busy and some days it can be empty but there is always something to do. I learned to communicate better with people. I learned better Customer Service skills. I learned better numeracy/selling skills, The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day but brakes were provided at breakfast and lunch(I worked from 10am-5pm). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and communicating with the customer's.

Pros

tea brakes

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Was great

I enjoyed working here as its gave me experience now and people I worked with they were lovely it was just a good place to work and learned me how to work on till they were just a lovely bunch
Same location

the best job I ever had

I worked for them s a trainer and it was really the best job I ever had. I was head hunted for another job at the other company but never should have left this company, and still wish I had my old job back. The working culture is so nurturing and supportive, the people I worked with were very understanding but empowering too, and I was given a lot of space to follow leads and use my initiative in developing projects. If you see a job that is right for you at this company, you will not regret taking it!!

Pros

Work Based Pension, flexible working hours, friendly trusting coworkers

Cons

Poor training, support and culture of bullying

unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .

Pros

fairly easy job

Cons

poor support and toxic culture
  • Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland