Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland
View all Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland reviews

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Review

productive

Each day was challenging and fast paced but enjoyable. I learner the importance of time management and task delegation. The hardest part of the job was working with volunteers, was difficult to know how to deal with challenging situations as was grateful of the help and support but sometimes was unreliable.

2.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Very productive and friendly place to work

I loved working at the shop u was a volunteer first then position for Sunday Assistant Manager became available and applied and got the position. I loved working there and it was my 1st retail job and my manager trained me on all aspects of the job and loved customer service with all the lovely people that came to the shop. I loved working with the volunteers and I knew most of them with myself a volunteer the year before.
Same location

Poor training, support and culture of bullying

unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .

Pros

fairly easy job

Cons

poor support and toxic culture

Overall a lovely job

The “politics” in every job will be different but if you get a good manager, or you are that good manager and you build a nurture a strong team, this is a great place to work . There are targets to try and meet and it’s a shame that they have closed (way before Covid) all the little shops and chose to focus on huge ones. Even though, it was a fascinating and fun job and I still miss the gang in Kirkcaldy

Pros

Later starts in the morning, fun place

Cons

Requirements from HO, and constantly changing policies and procedures.