Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

3.4Pay & benefits

Rewarding and fun place to work

I am currently working as a volunteer at Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland. There are some negatives such as the basement is very cramped and taking donations down can prove tricky, especially if its in boxes. I am really enjoying working there as there are many benefits such as meeting new people. I sort through donations, those that are worse for wear are recycled which I believe is amazing. Good quality stock I tag, hang and steam in order for pricing. Then stock gets displayed on the shop floor. I particularlly like the opportunity to serve customers, taking payments. Its very good when donaters accept to gift aid their donation as in every sale of their donated item, in every ÂŁ1, 25p is contributed towards the shop.

Pros

meeting new people and working on the shop floor

Cons

basement small and cramped

Hard work but really good to manage volunteers

Most enjoyable part of this job was to manage a great helpful and varied group of volunteers. Least favourite part of job was lots of lifting and moving of stock & donations in a small stockroom space with demands on physical energy at times.

volunteer

fun place to work and there were many different things to do within the day flexible timing the management and staff were really friendly gained retail skills