Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Culture reviews

The “politics” in every job will be different but if you get a good manager, or you are that good manager and you build a nurture a strong team, this is a great place to work . There are targets to try and meet and it’s a shame that they have closed (way before Covid) all the little shops and chose to focus on huge ones. Even though, it was a fascinating and fun job and I still miss the gang in Kirkcaldy
Pros
Later starts in the morning, fun place
Cons
Requirements from HO, and constantly changing policies and procedures.
unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
poor support and toxic culture
I worked for them s a trainer and it was really the best job I ever had. I was head hunted for another job at the other company but never should have left this company, and still wish I had my old job back. The working culture is so nurturing and supportive, the people I worked with were very understanding but empowering too, and I was given a lot of space to follow leads and use my initiative in developing projects. If you see a job that is right for you at this company, you will not regret taking it!!
Pros
Work Based Pension, flexible working hours, friendly trusting coworkers
Cons
Volunteering at this place was very welcoming and friendly. The staff would help you if you needed it. I was able to brake my boundries of shyness and become more comfortable in working and communicating with customers and other members of the team and staff.
A typical day at work is very enjoyable at CHSS, some days it can be busy and some days it can be empty but there is always something to do. I learned to communicate better with people. I learned better Customer Service skills. I learned better numeracy/selling skills, The hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day but brakes were provided at breakfast and lunch(I worked from 10am-5pm). The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and communicating with the customer's.
Pros
tea brakes
Cons
I enjoyed working here as its gave me experience now and people I worked with they were lovely it was just a good place to work and learned me how to work on till they were just a lovely bunch
it is a fun place to work with great staff who support their volunteers and staff. Volunteer have the ability to develop in different areas of the shop.
Pros
ability to adapt
Cons
no benefits
I enjoyed working at chest heart and stroke, it was a good atmosphere and the staff were all lovely to get along with which is always a positive. You’re always learning new skills while working in new places and I feel I gained much more from being there.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Never hire enough staff, always voluntary workers wanted
Most enjoyable part of this job was to manage a great helpful and varied group of volunteers. Least favourite part of job was lots of lifting and moving of stock & donations in a small stockroom space with demands on physical energy at times.
fun place to work and there were many different things to do within the day flexible timing the management and staff were really friendly gained retail skills
A typical day at the Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland I help would help out in the shop by making sure everything was in the right place and nicely displayed. I also helped at the till and helped customers look for what they wanted. I learned a lot about working in a shop and how to work the till and how to display products. My co- workers and managment were all really nice and kind and welcoming when I first started. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to customers and work at the front of the shop.
Pros
fun and great experince as well as nice co-workers
Cons
sometimes at to work in the back unable to interact with customers
Each day was challenging and fast paced but enjoyable. I learner the importance of time management and task delegation. The hardest part of the job was working with volunteers, was difficult to know how to deal with challenging situations as was grateful of the help and support but sometimes was unreliable.