Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland

Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland Management reviews

Chest, Heart & Stroke Scotland, Carluke Branch while new, is an absolutely brillant place to work at, even if it is just for Volunteering! A typical day is always busy, and you are always on the move, finishing any given task at any time. Either it be; working in the back, out front, behind the till, or helping customers. There is never a dull moment! I am currently still getting training while Volunteering, but so far I have learned: - Tagging and Hanging, - Steaming/Pressing Clothes, - Pricing Clothes and other stuff for Sale, - Serving Customers on the Till, - Restocking and Reorganizing the Store throughout the Day, - Culling Items. Though I am currently still learning about the Till, and will be getting the final part of the training soon. The management at CH&S is great! The managers are lovely and happy to help anyone out, and get stuck into doing the work too. I cannot fault them at all. Everyone who works there is so friendly, and there is never been an issue even once during my time with them so far. These shops are places I gladly reccomend if someone is look for part-time volunteering work. The hardest part, like any other job, was adjusting to how this shop is run; but thankful it has been a easy process. And the most enjoyable part of the job, has just been everything! I literally cannot say anything bad about the branch I am volunteering at!
Pros
Covered Lunches, Great Work Colleges
Cons
Hour Adjustment in the Beginning
unfortunately the retail arm is an absolute joke which I found completely shocking considering its a charity . Area managers and above are really unsupportive and patronising. Again a complete shock. I wouldn't recommend .
Pros
fairly easy job
Cons
poor support and toxic culture
fun place to work and there were many different things to do within the day flexible timing the management and staff were really friendly gained retail skills
2014 May – August Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland – Linlithgow A typical day in Customer Services Welcoming and assisting customers Customer service and sales service Keeping the rails and shelves tidy I learned Stock control & Operating the till I developed my management skills when I was operating stock control, as I was responsible for managing all aspects of inventory control, which involved supervising a member of staff in this area. I had a good rapport with my co workers, being a committed and dedicated team player. working together as a team in order to best get the job done and providing best possible customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and en devouring to provide the best possible customer service and experience, and culminating in a sale.
Each day was challenging and fast paced but enjoyable. I learner the importance of time management and task delegation. The hardest part of the job was working with volunteers, was difficult to know how to deal with challenging situations as was grateful of the help and support but sometimes was unreliable.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chest Heart and Stroke Scotland?