CHESTER RACE COMPANY LTD

CHESTER RACE COMPANY LTD Employee Reviews

versatile shifts everytime which is always exciting. met some very good friends through it. unfortunately it is a zero hour contract, you apply for shifts and then they decide if you get to work it.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
0 hour contact
The other servers were friendly, but the people in charge on each shift weren't very nice and didn't really talk to any of us apart from to tell us what to do. They were very strict on dress code and shouted at me when I didn't wear black socks one time even though I had a perfectly good excuse and the socks were dark grey anyway. One good thing is that you have complete freedom to choose when to work and the shifts weren't too long and you sometimes got food at the end.
Pros
some free food
Cons
unkind management
Casual work that is actually casual to do. If you focus and can do your job well, throughout busy hours, the work doesn't need to be stressful. The management and co-workers are friendly and happy to understand when something doesn't go according to plan. Everyone is always happy to help out.
Pros
Free Lunches, uniform provided, lots of support
Cons
Hours are based around horse races so inconsistent days
Very professional and friendly management, thriving team work, and duties are light and planned in advance. Good vibes around, shifts go pretty quickly.
Managers meeting 8am Set up 9am - 11am Staff briefing 11.30am Open 12pm Close 5.30pm Cash up and stock take 6pm Clear up 6.15pm Staff de-brief 7.30pm Finish 8pm
Good place to work. Staff are all really nice and you are always given a briefing before shift. Everyone you work with are lovely and you are never alone.
I love working in this company.They pay every Friday with holiday allowance as well.I made friends with the staff, some managers and supervisors. I get to see different races, venues, castles, events, shows and see a lot of people, awesome! Free transport outside Chester.
We started our working day at 10 o'clock and finished after 6 o'clock. We prepared our cash-boxes for shift and waited for first customers:-) We sold betting tickets and answered some questions of customers. In the end of shifts we counted money. I learned types of bets, names of horses and how are such big events organised. I cannot complaint about Betting Management. Worse situation is in other departments. They do not answer your queries. With my first supervisor the workplace culture was on the level. The hardest part of the job was situation when our tills broke down and customers were crazy. It was stressful. We had really good time there, it is not difficult job, we had a fun, our supervisors/managers made us happy, they kept us informed and many many times we received thanks. Some of us enjoyed business trip to Royal Ascot Racecourse.
I have been working for the race course for the summer race season. I would highly recommend this type of work. The days are long but they do seem to go quickly. You can pick and choose your days you work, which is always good. The managers and supervisors are supportive and kind.
Shifts were very rare and impossible to get accepted unless you'd worked there before. Low pay and long hour shifts with not enough to do during them but if found doing nothing, would get into trouble.
I didn't really enjoy working at chester race course as I felt there was a lot of favouritism within the workers and management, we would do 12 hour shifts with one half an hour break.
Typical day at work is very good. Very flexible hours and good pay. Paid for training with is a positive. Opportunity to get tips. Relaxed and fun atmosphere created by management.
Employed as Christmas staff a few years back, it was a very comfortable environment to work in with other like-minded people and an easy supplement for a working income whilst in college.
ok but kitchen porters were not really treated very well but it was always something new everyday
Pros
good money for job you do
Cons
can be very long hours