Chestnut Nursery

Chestnut Nursery Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Okay.

I worked at chestnut for roughly 2 years. I became such good friends with the staff members I worked with however I didn't feel that the management cared about their staff. When I left I had a baby and didn't even get one card or email from any management to say congratulations. You don't get praised a lot either for the work and it's a very hands on tiring job. However it is a very rewarding job. Really depends on your circumstances on if you want to work for this company. I think over all childcare workers do not get paid or appreciated enough at all. And it's the big business people who own the nurseries who care most about the money and not staff/children.

Pros

Good friends. Rewarding job.

Cons

Rubbish pay

Avoid

Long stressful hours Don’t care about your own personal life Gossipy managers and co workers I enjoyed working with children but the workers itself was crazy. You literally do everything and you get so tired. No reduced hours so students avoid

Pros

Learning new things

Tiring

Great working with the children. Some of the staff were a bit shady. Sometimes there were lazy staff that would rather watch you work then help. If everyone in the organisation was motivated i feel as if i would have stayed for longer.

working with kids is not for me and it was a good stepping stone and helped me realise my true love to do something else and did not involve other peoples kids.

Pros

freedom

Cons

kids

Very busy and productive

Very busy nursery, but need to employ more staff to enable the setting to run more smoothly. The staff are lovely to work with and are all friendly. Management are always available to discuss any grievances with staff to maintain the running of the business. The children are a pleasure to look after and care for and every day is different.

Inspiring

Chestnut Nursery is a great company to work for. I have 2 years experience with children,Overall It is a very rewarding job and exciting in all aspects.

management was terrible other than that it was a good experience

There wasn't enough staffing, you wasnt given enough support and guidance overall had a great experience working there alongside staff who have great experience in childcare.

Pros

staff were pleasent to work with

Cons

really long hours, overtime wasn't paid

nursery worker

I learned a lot at chestnut nursery the staff were very supportive of my sons needs and health problems then they asked me to help out they couldn't offer me a permanent job at the time but the experience alone was worthwhile I got to learn to interact with children of nursery age and how to manage play time and where to let the children know it was time to sleep or have lunch etc.i was under a very supportive manager at the time and she was great with my son and supported me with the experience and college course that I was undertaking at the time as my son has very special needs so I need to find a job that worked around this

Pros

support, interaction, productive experience

Cons

it was the best work place i have ever worked in

really enjoyable place too work

working with children is a challenge i learned alot about childrens behaviours management was really kind and helpfull worked in a good team looking after the childrens welfare all of the job

Pros

really enjoyable

Cons

no long term contract

Jobs at Chestnut Nursery