Cheswold Park Hospital
View all Cheswold Park Hospital reviews

Cheswold Park Hospital

Cheswold Park Hospital Employee Review

Morally challenging but extremely rewarding

My main area of focus within this role was the care of the patients within the hospital. This would include cooking, cleaning, taking part in group activities such as sport or music and generally taking care of the patients whilst enforcing necessary rules. I found this job rewarding as I felt like I was helping people through a tough part of their life and on to recovery. As I found out more about the company however, it was clear that this job would conflict with my morals surrounding this environment.

Same roleSame location

work as a whole

Great at times and terrible at others, good learning curb for me. Management could be better, it used to be but not anymore. Under appreciates staff and their hard work. There is too much politics and blame culture but sometimes there is a glimmer of hope things could get better.
Same location

Good progression

I started as a support worker was given opportunities to progress into other roles. My manager mentored me personally and provided me with formal training to be better at my job.

Pros

Mentoring, parking, lunches, gym

Cons

Some negative staff

Official response from Cheswold Park Hospital

26 July 2021
It is really positive to hear your experience with us so far has been a positive one and we thank you for your kind words. We are always looking to improve and would be delighted to hear how we can make things better and what changes you feel will help us progress.
Same location

Look elsewhere

If you want to feel undervalued, unappreciated and unsafe, then this is the place for you! The standards of care of poor due to inadequate management, lack of staff and lack of staff training in essential areas. There is a hierarchy, so if you aren’t seen as important, then you don’t get treated very nicely or fairly. You’ll be put at higher risk of covid, whilst ‘important’ others get more space and told to work from home. There is a massive equality issue and you’ll find that you can get promoted without even having an interview! Lots of micromanaging too. You constantly feel that you have to watch your back. Staff who work with patients (and who simply keep the hospital going) aren’t listened to. Overall, this isn’t a nice place to work and is far worse with the new management.

Pros

Lunch and parking

Official response from Cheswold Park Hospital

1 July 2021
We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time with us and would like to discuss any issues you may have with you further. Please contact us via the Human Resources e-mail address hr@cheswoldparkhospital.co.uk and we can arrange a time, suitable to you to discuss this further. We are also holding onsite HR Clinics to capture the thoughts of our fantastic teams to improve the service we provide and learn from the valuable feedback provided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cheswold Park Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Cheswold Park Hospital with

Cheswold Park Hospital Reviews by Location

• Cheswold Park Hospital
  • Morally challenging but extremely rewarding
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?